Anyone playing WoW?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
I'm surprised anyone can log in.  I'd imagine the servers are being stressed pretty hard

Yeah, no kidding.

Still haven't gotten my copy yet, but as I said earlier, there's not much I can do with it at this point in time. However, it could be sitting in my mailbox at home right now... :???:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Oh god... I haven't felt this way about a game well since... I first started playing WoW! I really do feel like a "n00b" when I went to Outlands. Already got some waaay better gear then I had before. Yea... I'm more addicted as I ever have been!

Also one of the benefits of living in the Pacific area is that hardly anyone was on. It was 5 am server time when i was playing around 8pm my side. So there wasn't a lot of traffic. :beast:

I would have BC right now and being enjoying it immeasurably. But my tire decided to make love to a roofing nail, so I'm stranded at the moment.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well this has been my first real hardcore weekend of playing WoW... I must say... It was everything that I wanted and then some. Replaced a lot of my older gear with better quest rewards and drops. Did a few instance runs and picked up some major weapon upgrades.

The PvP aspect is nice since each area so far that i have been into has had PvP objectives.

The new looks of the areas are very well designed! With Blizzards thought of releasing an expansion every year... well, they are going to be making money off of me for sometime =O

Anyone else feeling the same way?

I'm non-plussed about the idea of buying another expansion every year.

But as for this expansion, I've started a character of both new races. The Blood Elves are an interesting race. The Draenei are more fun to play as though. I haven't had a chance to inspect outlands since my 60 is on a different account that hasn't been expansioned yet.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I played for a couple hours on Friday using my main, but other than that I didn't play the entire weekend. :isidro: I'll probably play some more of my draenei shaman this week, as I'm having a lot of fun with that particular race and class. I hadn't heard about the 1 expansion every year. That's kind of cool, it'll keep things fairly fresh.

SaiyajinNoOuji

To Oni Shinigami,

I'm down for having a few rounds of friendly controlled PvP :carcus:

I know me being in Japan can cause some time differenes... just to see... its 8:43am posting this.... what time is it for you right now?

S

smoke

Guildmaster of Band of the Hawk on Echo Isles server. Level 53 troll mage.

note BAND OF THE HAWK guildname. :guts:

Well I finally got WoW and BC, my room mate is addicted and has been for a year but I was never really into until BC came out as the idea of spanking Illidan, even if in the far future, is a great desire of mine.

As many have said before, it isnt ground breaking nor as extreme as some other MMO's of the past and present, but overall its a well made game that is addicting. Im cutting back, mostly because I played for like a week and a half straight and got my Blood Elf Pally to lvl 30, and got a little tired of it.

While there is no endgame, some of the more end gamish quests are fairly spectacular, such as opening up Sithilus and unleashing the Sithilid and having the Scourge invading.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well with the Armory out, everyone who plays wow, lets see those characters! Here is my main!

For those of you who don't know, The Armory is a new feature that was put in by Blizzard. It lets you see any character or guild that is in the game with many detailed things to see!

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&n=Miza

My spec is more towards better CC... The group that I am with are my friends that live in Japan as well. With that we don't have a real tank so my friend who is a Shaman enhance spec is our tank (all 61 points!) So with my improved traps, Wyvern Sting, and readiness I can CC 4 mobs!

Also with my gear, I have had some really bad luck in drops! I am still keeping at it though!

I used to be a pretty addicted WoW player. I have 3x 60s (druid, priest, hunter) and 2x 70s (blood elf paladin, and a warlock) All Horde on the Kil'Jaeden server. I'm one of those players that played everyday for hours and hours straight (for two years?)

You know what stopped me from playing? Berserk.

True story.

SaiyajinNoOuji

spineylamb said:
I used to be a pretty addicted WoW player. I have 3x 60s (druid, priest, hunter) and 2x 70s (blood elf paladin, and a warlock) All Horde on the Kil'Jaeden server. I'm one of those players that played everyday for hours and hours straight (for two years?)

You know what stopped me from playing? Berserk.

True story.
Quitter! :troll:

Anyways, new patch is coming out soon enough. Tons of new areas! maybe when it comes I will be able to do all the quests and raise the 5kg to get my god damn epic flying mount! :judo:

I was in an end-game guild around two months after WoW arrived, after reaching 60 in a week or so with a friend. Long story short, I ended up being one of the most well known mages on my server (Blackrock), the Guild leader of a pretty massive guild, and ranked top 20 or so in PvP.

I quit right after Blackwing Lair came out (I know, ages ago), mainly due to the fact that I did nothing but WoW for 6 months. I would look up plugins and manage the Guild forum and DKP site at work, and play when I got home :puck:

After I quit, I lost 10kg, got 2/3 of the way through my postgrad research and traveled to China and Japan all in around 6 months lol. I guess once I reached officer and then ended up Guild Leader, the loot/ninja drama and the amount of admin work really got to me. That and the lack of sleep.... waiting till 4am to get an outdoor raid boss against 5 other guilds is not good when you have to tutor students at 8am.

If I started WoW in high school or undergrad, I will probably still be playing. A couple of my friends still play, and hence I get emails and calls from them about WoW. Makes me want to play again sometimes :judo:

SaiyajinNoOuji

The expansion really did make things seem fresh again at first, but now its the same thing, raid grind, raid grind. I still like the game though. =O

I need to wait a few more years before I can teach my son to farm for me while im at work! :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
The expansion really did make things seem fresh again at first, but now its the same thing, raid grind, raid grind. I still like the game though. =O

I need to wait a few more years before I can teach my son to farm for me while im at work! :guts:

A guy in our guild nearly got kicked for getting his cousin to fish for him in battlegrounds. Apparently his cousin got really scared when an Admin pm'ed him, and didn't reply. Long story short, after that, everyone started to call him a bot/hacker etc. Ah, the drama that WoW brings...

SaiyajinNoOuji

Ruins said:
A guy in our guild nearly got kicked for getting his cousin to fish for him in battlegrounds. Apparently his cousin got really scared when an Admin pm'ed him, and didn't reply. Long story short, after that, everyone started to call him a bot/hacker etc. Ah, the drama that WoW brings...
haha, well after this upcoming patch, Fishing wont be possible in AV or Arathi Basin anymore.

http://magisserious.ytmnd.com/ <-- hahha, drama!

lol this is bring back memories. I now recall something epic in terms of drama.

At first our guild was a mix of US people and Australians. Because of the time difference, we had to raid during weekends, and the US people had to stay up late. This was back when Molten Core was end game, and everyone was just getting to Ragnaros.

Long story short, after quite a few tries, we got to him. We had to get our guild in order, and have everyone farm for fire resist and so forth. At around the same time, the guild was about to split, as the US people were going to change servers due to the piece of shit that is Blackrock lagging like crazy. So, everyone was sort of emotional and a bit sad.

So, at our last US+AUS Rag attempt, we had a pretty good feeling. We got through the rest of MC with ease, the tanks were well trained. At that point, we had never bought the boss down, but had a few really close ones.

Our first attempt, we got him down to a few percent before the 2nd wave of sons killed us. We didn't use any of our potions, and everyone was thinking that with the potions, we have got this. Everyone was real happy and the priests were resurrecting everyone.

Then, out of nowhere, an icebolt was shot at Rag. Since no one was near him, he goes and takes out all the priests. Everyone went silent. People started looking over their logs to see who did it and it turned out a relatively new mage dropped something on his keyboard. THEN DRAMA FUCKING ENSUED. We had a guy run back into the entrance, as no one had a soul stone. Everything has RESPAWNED. We cleared through again to Rag, and he has DESPAWNED.

The guy got kicked from the guild. The main tank was swearing via voice all the way during the clearing, and nearly exploded when we got back to Rag's room to find that he wasn't there.

I have never heard so much nervous laughter and loud screams at once...

SaiyajinNoOuji

Hahahaha, epic indeed. If you want, google for 50 dkp minus. That video is epic!

I don't have any epic story's like that other then I have really bad luck with drops! Many times have I been doing instances with my friends and the things that I want to drop don't. Then when they run the instance again with someone else in the group, it drops :judo:

Sad panda indeed.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Back when I played, I was a Warrior and I lost 'Zin'rok, Destroyer of Worlds' to a paladin in a pickup raid. What a sad day...

Top Bottom