[AOW] Berserk - The Tentacle Ship 2013

andrewdsz said:
I personally think 20th anni. And guts 1/6 2010 is much better than this piece....especially the attachments....... Who's with me.....?

20th is far and away the best Berserker ever. (Actually bigger than 1/6. It is non scale but closer to 1/5)

Preorder started.

Whoever wants to Order one should hurry up before it is gone. I think the exclusive will be selling out within one or two days.

Also im curious, what does the platinum menber get price wise? 80000yen? I think they told me on the mail that no one get any discount this time...?

andrewdsz said:
Ok the exclusive sold out within less than 8 hours..... I guess AOW does have rights to charge whatever they wanna charge.....

I am kind of scared when I read something like this... I mean, If you give up about it and start to think " okay well they are right it's normal " plus, you pay just because you can... Mega facepalm......

andrewdsz said:
Ok the exclusive sold out within less than 8 hours..... I guess AOW does have rights to charge whatever they wanna charge.....

ahahah that's right! :troll:

Theoden said:
I am kind of scared when I read something like this... I mean, If you give up about it and start to think " okay well they are right it's normal " plus, you pay just because you can... Mega facepalm......

I agree but I think andrewdsz is sarcastic. Aren't you andrewdsz? :ganishka:

it is sad, but in fact true story. This world of business is all about market supply and demand. If demand is so high that anything can be SOLD OUT within 12 hours i dont see why a company as a seller wont charge a bit more. skull knight birth ceremony/ white boned ver. both sold out within 12 hours, same story happens again on tentacle ship.

This selling rate will not help us on pricing adjustment,ever.

Not surprising that it sold out on pre-order. They limit their new releases to approximately a 100 (I think it used to be a higher number earlier).

Anyone going to display this with the other head vs the helmet?

They now have a full description up on their website with Youtube links and pictures - http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=537

The back of that hat looks like it's supposed to be curved, the statue doesn't represent that (it's just flat like a taco). They got the skull's nose wrong, plus the shape is rounder and wider.

Glad I preordered......nothing from AOW has brought me out of the wood works for awhile. Price is hefty but yeah, I figured if I'm not buying the other stuff (semi retired on collecting) I could splurge a bit.....not to mention I had to follow suit to a local collector who I shall not name hah that also preordered. I'm just too much a sucker for the Berserker statues. :beast:

Hanma_Baki said:
You kidding me? :iva: Thats one thing I´ve always liked about Guts´ swords. I mean isnt it supposed to be long as hell? Its both cool and more logical that way since the "blade" part is so ridiculously huge, plus the majority of Guts´ slashes his way of holding it is almost reminiscent of how you would hold a spear/halberd rather than a sword, so it only makes sense that its long...

1de21c5a-be89-4d3b-b946-bd821bc3174a_zps1212c91b.jpg

image012_zps023ae5cb.jpg

:schierke:

Wouldn't bother if this was a cheap/ like a $300 statue but it's not. You're paying a premium for product that's supposed to be close to what you see in the manga, whether it's colors or dimensions, etc. you know what I mean.

Unrelated, I know it's an old AOW practice to throw in different heads which aren't representative of the scene, but it has to stop. I would personally rather that they spend extra time on getting things right than giving me the option of a head without the helmet.

Just paid them in full. I'm glad i checked the pre-order time.

The guts head and sword is definitely a recycle from guts 1/6 i think. the body is like 1/6.5~7 and the human head is 1/6. This is an old practice where swapping old parts taking place as incantation said. The perfect example can be all the skull knights re-parts since the original sk on horse II.

well that is what you get. :beast:

IncantatioN said:

Haha coincidence you chose to to go with THAT photo inparticular? :ganishka: You do realize that photo is taken just from the edge of the handle, right? Ya know, to get a cool perspective? Which by default makes it look bigger/longer.

Anyway, on the other hand I still realize it is a little long for that particular scene, so what? Like someone else recently said on the matter, everything isnt the same size/dimension in all instances, get over it. I dont get why it would bother anyone to that degree.

Hanma_Baki said:
Haha coincidence you chose to to go with THAT photo inparticular? :ganishka: You do realize that photo is taken just from the edge of the handle, right? Ya know, to get a cool perspective? Which by default makes it look bigger/longer. Anyway, on the other hand I still realize it is a little long for that particular scene

Well, it's a direct comparison if you ask me. I disagree with the handle looking bigger just because the photo's taken from the edge of the handle. If it looks bigger, it's just because it's bigger. In the original picture, you can probably add about 2 palm lengths till you reach the end of the handle. Add at least an extra palm (or slightly more) and you have the handle you see in the statue. Things like that matter for overall scale. For example, add 2/3 cms to the DS or just his arm or just his legs or just his helmet or anything else in comparison to the rest of the statue and it'll look off.

Hanma_Baki said:
... so what? Like someone else recently said on the matter, everything isnt the same size/dimension in all instances, get over it. I dont get why it would bother anyone to that degree.

The same reason why his head on this statue looking big for the body would bother some on here. Why the convenient double standard with the handle? If you can accept inconsistencies and happily pay that sum, good for you. Doesn't take away from the fact that the design is flawed. It ain't a deal-breaker (like the new Zodd statue face) but it's a bit clumsy for 100,000+ Yen worth.

IncantatioN said:
The same reason why his head on this statue looking big for the body would bother some on here. Why the convenient double standard with the handle? If you can accept inconsistencies and happily pay that sum, good for you. Doesn't take away from the fact that the design is flawed. It ain't a deal-breaker (like the new Zodd statue face) but it's a bit clumsy for 100,000+ Yen worth.

Isn't it what you're doing since few years? Accepting inconsistencies and happily pay the sum?
Wait! didn't you bought this statue?
http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/photos.php?gid=288

Then tell me why you accepted the fact that the armor is painted in silver instead of the original color?

The older statues, sure I bought at the time I began collecting (like the 1/6 you linked, it was my 2nd Berserk statue I'd ever bought) but my point is I can see what's wrong with them and I try to acknowledge it. For example, every SK statue AOW has put out has never had the right color for his armor (silver, purple backlight, bone, green) but I still own most of them. In the past two years, I haven't bought everything AOW has put out :sad: either because of the sculpt or the price or a combo of both (Griffith on that silly mantle, new Zodd, new Guts, Tentacle, Void, Guts vs Zodd). In my own way, I did put my foot down. It hasn't been easy but it's a start. I'll say it again and the point I was making that you quoted is that it's just disappointing/ frustrating to see inconsistencies like this when there's no reason for a bad anything when the buyer is paying a high/ premium amount. That's all :slan:

IncantatioN said:
I'll say it again and the point I was making that you quoted is that it's just disappointing/ frustrating to see inconsistencies like this when there's no reason for a bad anything when the buyer is paying a high/ premium amount. That's all :slan:

Ok, then... I agree with what you said. :slan:

im kind of coming from the opposite side... ... i just really got into AOW statues last year. The first AOW statue i bought was 20th anni. first ver. exclusive from one of the menbers here and that statue totally blew my mind away. I LOVE IT. The price as ridiculous as it is, i adopted it from the begining. Skulpt accuracy part is the big boom down for AOW but the paint is amazing. I have their recent guts & casca and skull knight white boned exclusive and i have to say i really likes them a lot. Now i owned 9 AOW big pieces so far and it does suck in a lot of $$$. I think need to choice what to buy more carefully....

IncantatioN said:

Ok, I cant very well disagree that a 100,000YEN piece should pre-eminently be 100% likeness, so one have all right to be critical about it.

Aside from that - and immensely less relevant of course - I just dont get that a berserk fan in general would be bothered by Guts´ sword handle being a little long, and seriously its the freakin DS we´re talking about here, can it even be too big/long? :iva: ...but thats just my weird opinion I guess. I just dont see it as an inconsistency the way you do, as Im pretty sure there are some scene(s) where the handle really is that long. To me its kinda like complaning that they´d do a Troll arc Guts statue with the face of pre-eclipse Guts. Wouldnt really matter to me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hanma_Baki said:
To me its kinda like complaning that they´d do a Troll arc Guts statue with the face of pre-eclipse Guts. Wouldnt really matter to me.

There's no "troll arc", but that aside, you wouldn't mind if Guts as the Black Swordsman still had his two eyes? Really? I think you're the one who should maybe reconsider your criteria here...

Wow that was bad! :ganishka: Sorry! What I meant was the general art style development of Miura and inparticular the different ways hes drawn Guts´ face over the years. It seemed like a good parrallel at the time, the missing eye totally escaped me somehow :???: Of course the Black swordsman must miss an eye! I get fucked in the head when I work night shifts for longer periods, sorry for the bad parrallel, guys!

My ultimate point - without any horrible example - is that things arent always depicted the exact same way, which by no means makes an illustrator bad, in fact I think its charming, and definitely in Berserk.

There, hope I´ve not completely lost face on this board yet :iva:

EDIT: I know its not called the Troll arc and I knew I´d get shit for it, just thought it was a small price to pay to get my point across, which clearly didnt work anyway :iva: Im done now...

K

krzykoopa

Tentacle ship pre- order?

Hello,

Just curious if anyone pre-ordered the tentacle ship berserker armor from AOW?

Re: Tentacle ship pre- order?

They can be trusted to take a lot of your money for comparatively less product than just about every other status company out there.

If you were just asking whether or not they are a legit company that delivers the products you pay for, the answer is yes.

Top Bottom