AOW - Guts vs Zodd Diorama - PREORDER! =)

Art of War definitely is going the diorama route, as we have recently seen with the 100 Man Fight. I just got this email from them:

====
As a special project simultaneous with the re-televising of the Berserk anime by ANIMAX (Japan), ART OF WAR has decided to release an item recreating the strained scene when the Black Swordsman & human Zodd fought each other on snow. While please note that this item won’t be released if the number of pre-orders within the entry period is under 2,000. Pre-ordering is accepted at ANIMAX online shop. (Please refer to the product page for more details.)

gutsvszoddproto.jpg

Entry Period:
29 June~ 30 July (Japanese time) on ANIMAX’s online-shop → http://www.animax.co.jp/
====

Can't really tell too much from this picture, but PLEASE PREORDER =))))).

PS Also, I know this has been discussed countless times before... but what is this "re-televising" thing? Is it they are showing the series on tv again? Or could it be they are making another anime?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
2000 preorders needed and no announced price tag... I wonder what they're thinking.

Aazealh said:
2000 preorders needed and no announced price tag... I wonder what they're thinking.

Yeah, the 2000 preorders seems pretty out there, considering the recent Zodd III, but maybe they are just "saying" that to get people to preorder. =P I can't imagine them making 2000 of them anyways, especially at 1/10 scale.

But nevertheless! Preorder! :zodd: (Although, currently, I am trying to figure out how... lol). Most likely have to go through Masato again... We'll see.

well, (with the use of dictionary dot com) i got a very rough translation from the page at animax, and it's the description of the first episode we've all seen (with the girl named collet and her father walks into the bar and so forth).
so i think it really is just re-televising of the old series.. sad though it is..
or as we commonly know it as "re-runs"
ah well..
the diorama seems wicked though =D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Berserk-KW said:
so i think it really is just re-televising of the old series.. sad though it is..
or as we commonly know it as "re-runs"

Well yes, there was never any doubt that it's just re-runs, was it?

CnC

Ad Oculos
DirectDK said:
Art of War definitely is going the diorama route,

Well how else are they going to justify sculpting Guts and Zodd and SK over and over and over again?

Guts looks like a toy

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Aazealh said:
Well yes, there was never any doubt that it's just re-runs, was it?

... you mean it isn't the second season?!!?!??!

What the fuck am I supposed to do with the URL I bought?: http://zomg.berserktotallyishavingasecondseason.com/?!

Joking aside, this newest model got me excited enough to stifle a yawn. Guts face looks wrong again and the apparent lack of Rickert's swords make for a less than poignant diorama. After seeing Derek's bitching 1/8 scale Zodd, this barely comes close to be honest. Couple all of that with the fact we've got yet another AOW production featuring Guts and it amounts to a fairly dull piece. On the plus side, it's dynamic! We'll really need to see more images before casting it into the AOW Tower of Rebirth for good.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah to be honest I don't find it very good in its current state. I don't know, maybe it's the picture, but I doubt it. Not one of AOW's best.

G

Genome

Hi,

Yes Guts' face doesn't look good... We'll see on another picture. Whatever, does anyone can give me the link to this item on Animax' online shop? I can't find it.

Thanks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:
Yes Guts' face doesn't look good... We'll see on another picture. Whatever, does anyone can give me the link to this item on Animax' online shop? I can't find it.

Wait until the preorders open (June 29) and it'll be there.

G

Genome

Ok, thanks, I thought there would be a presentation page before opening.

Answer, from AOW:

====
Thank you for your continued support to ART OF WAR.
About overseas pre-ordering for this item, ART OF WAR will take ANIMAX's place to accept the pre-orders.
Please contact us by email telling us the quantity you want. : )
My "re-televising" means that ANIMAX is showing the old anime series on television again.
Detailed information about this item will be uploaded on ART OF WAR's HP tomorrow.(29 June)
Thank you.
====

So it looks like AOW will be able to place orders for us. Sounds easy enough... I'm guessing the price will be announced on the 29th. My guess is 50,000 yen. What do YOU think? Give me your guesses!!! :troll:

I don't get it.
What is Art of war doing ?!!!

To create a prototype of a new statue costs a lot of money.
What a waste if they can't gather 2000 pre orders (I higly doubt it can be possible)
I am almost wondering if it is not just a lie only to gather more pre orders.

Anyway, I am tabling on something like 38 000 yens (remember the price of the Guts&Slan diorama)

G

Genome

Hi,

Finaly it's out but refering to AOW web site it's already sold out. About price it's only about 10 000 yens (with taxes) but the sizes are small :

Substance price: 9,000 (tax removal)
Accessory: Private diorama based attaching
Size: Guts total height approximately 10cm [zotsudo] total height approximately 11.5cm based depth approximately 12cm width approximately 20cm
Material: Polis tone
Production: ART OF WAR

Thanks for the info Genome!
Well.. I was quite a bit out with my price estimate, but I was hoping it would be at least 1/10 scale so its quite a lot smaller than I expected. I do like it though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grovel said:
Well.. I was quite a bit out with my price estimate, but I was hoping it would be at least 1/10 scale so its quite a lot smaller than I expected.

I'm not surprised, the sculpt doesn't look very good in the picture we have, just like their other small scales. The low price is justified, but it's still far too high to tempt me. I wish them good luck on selling 2000 units.

Genome said:
Substance price: 9,000 (tax removal)
Accessory: Private diorama based attaching
Size: Guts total height approximately 10cm [zotsudo] total height approximately 11.5cm based depth approximately 12cm width approximately 20cm
Material: Polis tone
Production: ART OF WAR

Well, with those sizes, it looks like it's a 1/15 scale. So it'll look nice next to all the recent horse statues, but otherwise pretty small! I kinda wish if they were going to make it a smaller scale, they could have done it at the 1/12 scale, so it's more in line with the other "diorama" type statues (the Guts Falconia, and the Guts Armored Berserk with Dragon).

I dunno about that sold out thing. I'm sure we'll just have to wait for the English page update to figure out how to order one for ourselves. Anyways, after all these 30,000 + yen AOW statues lately, I'm kinda relieved this one is so cheap... relatively of course. I'm gonna be hurting after the SK on Horse statue...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I dunno about that sold out thing. I'm sure we'll just have to wait for the English page update to figure out how to order one for ourselves.

Yeah that doesn't mean it's sold out, just that you can't order it from AOW's website. That's because Japanese people are supposed to get it from Animax' online shop.

AOW have now updated their website with English info on this item.

[quote author=AOW]
Thank you for your support to ART OF WAR.
We have just got ANIMAX's permission to accept entry for "Guts vs Zodd" from overseas customers.
I have put you on the entry list and will tell you if the item will be manufactured after 30 August.
[/quote]

Just send them an email and they will put you on the 'entry list'.

Un_Colombiano said:
I send them an email on their "Inquiry" asking to be put on their preorder list for this item....was that the correct way to do it?

You should be OK, wait and see if they send you a confirmation email.

Top Bottom