AOW - "Hundred Men Slayer" diorama

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing too specific announced yet but AOW has an ad in the latest MBR volume depicting a future diorama that will represent Guts' battle against a hundred men in his youth. The scale of the diorama will be 1/10 and it appears to be pretty cool, although we'll have to wait for good pictures to judge. It's basically Guts slashing at five mercenaries disposed in a semicircle around him and them all falling under his attack. For details, Guts' cape is blue, he doesn't wear his helmet and the scene shows some blood.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Interesting! Looking forward to the pictures of this one. Shame about it being Guts again...

Aazealh said:
Nothing too specific announced yet but AOW has an ad in the latest MBR volume depicting a future diorama that will represent Guts' battle against a hundred men in his youth. The scale of the diorama will be 1/10 and it appears to be pretty cool, although we'll have to wait for good pictures to judge. It's basically Guts slashing at five mercenaries disposed in a semicircle around him and them all falling under his attack. For details, Guts' cape is blue, he doesn't wear his helmet and the scene shows some blood.

Guts with 5 mercenaries in 1/10th scale. I can't imagine the price.

Aazealh said:

That sounds fucking AWESOMEEEE. One of my favorite scenes, both in the manga and anime. A turning point between Guts and Casca's relationship, in my eyes. And at 1/10 scale??? Wow, it's gonna be QUITE the diorama.

I wonder if this is the kind of thing that AOW is hinting at, that they have to stop production for a while...

I found this:

It's only a fragment but, reading Aazealh's description, no doubt this is a promising statue. I only hope that everythings works fine...I referring to the way to put the blood on some necks :schierke:...although AoW is in "stand-by phase" to improve such sort of things, I guess.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well since no pictures surfaced yet, here are some crappy ones I took of my own MBR. Excuse the flash reflection and overall bad quality, it should nevertheless give you guys an idea of what to expect.

GutsDiorama00.jpg

GutsDiorama01.jpg
GutsDiorama02.jpg

Color me freakin excited!

I can't imagine how much it is going to cost or what the edition size is going to be.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Cheers for the pics, Aaz...

.... but I'm really not digging this diorama. Oh, how cynical of AOW I've become ;__;

G

Genome

Hi,

Nice picture even if it was taken with you camera. Size is scary even just reading what they say... 90 cm. :isidro:
I will wait to know the price. :judo:

DirectDK said:
ri... dic.. cu.. lous...

Are you joking Derek or are you serious ?

I find it quite impressing.
The giant base, the five soldiers, Guts... owwwww, it will cost me a month wage to buy it.

OH GOD WHY!!!!

I e-mailed AoW asking about the 100 man slayer Dio.

"About the 100 Man Slayer Guts, I'm sorry to tell you that there is only one piece of this item and it has been made ONLY for promotion purpose. That is to say, we don't have any plan to release this item.
While I'm really interested in from where did you get the information of the 100 Man Slayer Guts? We have only used picture of it on Japanese comics magazine!Would you please tell me your source of information?"

O well I was wondering what they were thinking given the size.

I guess this also shows that AoW unsurprisingly doesn't read this forum. (don't worry I'll tell her about it :serpico:)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, they think they can hide their puny information from ME? :ganishka:

Also, I guess I should have checked the text on the magazine, then I'd have known it was just promotional and wouldn't have given you guys false hopes. Sorry!

G

Genome

To bad it's only a promotionnal item but thanks to that my bank account is safe...for a moment :serpico:
Whatever I would have like to have this one.

Top Bottom