AOW - Leaning Griffith [The Shooting Star Night] & Locus bust

Is he steping on his cape? He better be careful. If he gets up too fast he might trip on it :judo:

Nice statue. But too horribly in debt to too many different things so Im going to have to let this one slide by.

I really love the statue from the photographies, the face looks quite damn good ! What about you ? What do you think of this model ?

EDIT : I take the silver edition. I don't really appreciate the blue hair of the white one and the armor doesn't look natural

Kenji-kun said:
I really love the statue from the photographies, the face looks quite damn good ! What about you ? What do you think of this model ?

EDIT : I take the silver edition. I don't really appreciate the blue hair of the white one and the armor doesn't look natural

I think the face looks pretty good from the side, but I haven't seen a good clean shot of the front yet. From what it looks like, I think the face does look better than the previous Griffiths.

The log is quite sexy too :carcus:

The bust looks realllly goooood as well. I'm definitely excited about getting this one.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DirectDK said:
The log is quite sexy too :carcus:

I dunno...it it wasn't for the log and my lack of cash, I'd probably pick it up.  AOW needs to put some more work into their timber molds, IMHO. I'll probably pick this up a couple years from now on eBay. Congrats to you, grendelrt and Kenji-kun for getting the statue. You better post some high quality pics of it when you get it, or else.........you're next. :SK:

I agree DirectDK ;)
This statue looks amazingly good.
So... silver or white ? :serpico:
Rhombaad, the release date is estimated on next September, if the money is your problem, I think you can manage thanks to this long delay

I ordered both.

I'm 100% sure I won't buy both, but I couldn't decide.

I ordered white first, then looked really hard at the silver one.

The silver one, honestly is nicer, but the white one is "rare" so it will be worth more.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Kenji-kun said:
Rhombaad, the release date is estimated on next September, if the money is your problem, I think you can manage thanks to this long delay 

...This September?! I'm sure that was stated somewhere and I just overlooked it. :???: Seems like a long way off and I should be a few months into my future job-out-of-college (hopefully...) so money wouldn't be a problem...still, I've purchased two resins (albeit one for a much reduced price from our local, and handsome, Rakshas) within the last year and I just can't bring myself to do it again, especially without knowing for absolutely sure if I'll have the money by then. I'm comfortable with waiting for it to pop up on eBay or for one of our locals at SK.net to decide to sell theirs. Thanks for the info, though. :serpico:

what's up with
"Size: 19 cm (H) x 16 cm (W) x 20 cm (D) (fundamental base & dragon slayer included)/ Locks Statue measures 10.5 cm in height (base included)"

Do they mean to say that Guts Dragon Slayer is in with the statue or what?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
Do they mean to say that Guts Dragon Slayer is in with the statue or what?

Most likely just an error (copy/paste from another statue description). They've been making quite a few recently.

DirectDK said:
Yah, baby! I was Order Number 1 again! Woohooo =P.

I put my order 2 min after it was available and I am Order Number :35 :carcus:

Ok Rhombaad, I think you have done well

I like it when they say that.
With the new use of manufacturing method and techniques, the pupil of Griffith is exhibited as if a crystal. The facial expression features sharp eyes and fully expresses silent mode of Griffith.

heh, they really should hire an english person to help them, couldn't they do that with someone over the net even? Just hire the person to run the english version and let them correct the spelling/structure and then post it up?

I think AOW could have a bigger market/profit if they'd open a little/get out of a niche market.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Congrats to everyone who got a hold of this! It turned out to be a really nice looking set. The fact they got Griffith's face looking so much better makes a nice change... he's still not pretty enough though :guts: To put that back-to-back with the Guts Falconia statue might make for a nice display piece?

I really wonder how they have managed to make the "crystal pupil".
The profile looks absolutely perfect (I have just spent a lot of time considering it), the face will probably have (I hope) the same quality.

I was admiring some statues in real this morning and I have noticed that the Giffith shooting star night makes me think of the Young Animal Puck 1/1 scaled (I really like this particular realistic Puck).
OK, purposeless but I just wanted to say that ^^

Oh, and what can we do to allow dear Aazealh to correct Art of War's descriptions ? It would be really great if he can, in addition from correcting, manage to add deep meaning on those descriptive texts.

N

Ng51386

Got ten of each - Anyone want one?

Nah just kidding, I just got one silver.

Where are the descriptions of the Griffith: The Shooting Star Night Exclusives ?
They have been erased !
Aazealh, what have you done :chomp:

14nr1.jpg

I don't understand why there is no longer a description on the english page of Art of War (there used to have one at the beginning of the pre orders).

Here is a (bad) traduction of the japanese description :

High popularity the white which has the fan which becomes fixed it comes, 鷹 Griffith. So far, we commercialized many, but you are proud of the preponderant popularity that everything you sell completely. This time [beruseruku] 23 volume “star the fantastic scene of the night when it falls” was reproduced completely. Below the star of the whole sky twinkles, Griffith who is sat down gently on the old wood. Being mysterious, it could be wrapped in calmness, it is the impression deep scene. Limitation 1 reproduced the setting of the original faithfully, colored the shell 冑 with the silver. It is soft material feeling of the mantle which runs down smoothly according to the form of the old wood. Being sharp, the line of the pliant body. And Griffith being elegant, calm expression. In addition, in order compared to pull out Griffith's beauty, you adhered to also modelling the entire balance which also sketch expression and the space where the original is splendid include thoroughly.
This time horseman “[rokusu]” of the commercialization first moonlight reproduced the scene which increases the visor on the horse. Unique dignity of [rokusu] and the work which can feel the strange overpowering impression we have become. By the fact that the metal is used for the sharp helmet, [rokusu] which a Hari cool, has sharper air impression was produced.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
I don't understand why there is no longer a description on the english page of Art of War (there used to have one at the beginning of the pre orders).

It's no longer there because they removed it. Who cares?

Top Bottom