AOW - Leaning Griffith [The Shooting Star Night] & Locus bust

Aazealh said:
It's no longer there because they removed it. Who cares?

I don't know, the Westerners (here) who might be interested on this statue for instance ;)
Personaly, I don't buy such an expansive product without knowing a little about it. And I think we are only few here who can read japanese (ok, Art of War descriptions are not piece of Art but it brings some interesting informations).

Have you noticed that there is no mention of Griffith's "crystal pupil"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
I don't know, the Westerners (here) who might be interested on this statue for instance ;)

I don't think they do... There's really nothing noteworthy in what they removed.

Kenji-kun said:
Personaly, I don't buy such an expansive product without knowing a little about it.

I understand your point, but what can someone learn from the paragraph that disappeared? That Griffith is a popular character, that they've made a lot of statues of him, that the scene is from volume 23? Or just their description of the calm and mysterious atmosphere of the scene? Then they say they perfectly captured the feel of the whole thing with their superb skills, awesome info!

No, really, I don't think anybody cares about this, and neither should you IMHO. As a matter of fact AOW often changes/fixes/removes things from their products' description, usually because the original English was broken but sometimes without apparent reason. I don't think it's worth your time to scrutinize that kind of things, but it's up to you. Anyway if you really want to know, the only solution you have is to email AOW and ask them directly.

Kenji-kun said:
Have you noticed that there is no mention of Griffith's "crystal pupil"

Now that's more interesting, but it was removed earlier as far as I know, and from both the Japanese and English descriptions. AOW probably decided not to do it after seeing the result on the prototype(s). Once again the only way to know for sure is to ask them directly.

Now that's more interesting, but it was removed earlier as far as I know, and from both the Japanese and English descriptions. AOW probably decided not to do it after seeing the result on the prototype(s). Once again the only way to know for sure is to ask them directly.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about.
Too bad, it sounded VERY interesting

I don't understand Art of War. I have pre ordered my Griffith Shooting Star Night and I received a news from AoW.

We are pleased to inform you our item, Griffith-The Shooting Star Night- will be released at the beginning of August.

Originated in Berserk Manga Vol. 23, Griffith is reproduced as if he is talking with soul. When the stars of night fall, Griffith is sitting under silent night, talking with soul in depth... With the new use of manufacturing method and techniques, the pupil of Griffith is exhibited as if a crystal. The facial expression features sharp eyes and fully expresses silent mode of Griffith. The statue is manufactured at 2 color versions. Both have complementary of Locks Bust statue which features blade-liked armor. Locks is a hero of the legend that is called the knight of moonlight.

Please feel free to access to our homepage for more details of our items.

Aazealh, see, they are speaking again of crystal pupil :???: I just don't understand why they have removed the text from the English description.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
Aazealh, see, they are speaking again of crystal pupil :???: I just don't understand why they have removed the text from the English description.

Yeah, I saw that when I received the email a few days ago. I don't think you should bother to try to find a logic in what they do given the random aspect of it all. Their site is basically just maintained and updated unprofessionally (especially the English version), and that makes them look bad to their customers. Maybe there are behind-the-scene causes to all these "changes," but right now I doubt it. And on a side note, they removed the "crystal pupil" thing from the Japanese description too.

Kenji-kun said:
I don't understand Art of War. I have pre ordered my Griffith Shooting Star Night and I received a news from AoW.

I'm sure they have a standard e-mail list that they send e-mail blasts too. They are just trying to push the product.

.....man it must be selling poorly. Good job Endless fucking up Art of War with your crappy idea. :chomp:

Maiku said:
.....man it must be selling poorly. Good job Endless fucking up Art of War with your crappy idea. :chomp:

As far as I know, it is the Griffith (Exclusive 2: White) which is selling quite poorly. The silver version is near "out of stock".
And I can understand : the white colored armor is such a ridiculous idea (I find it very bad looking).

OoooOOOOoooo, I want to see this statue from my own eyes. Thanks EndLeSS8, I think that Griffith really rocks sitting like that on a tree (plus, the scene in the manga is very powerful).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
As far as I know, it is the Griffith (Exclusive 2: White) which is selling quite poorly. The silver version is near "out of stock".

Aside from the fact I'm wondering how you know it's "nearly" out of stock (just curious, you got a high number when you ordered?), the truth is that it isn't sold out yet. AOW doesn't mass produce their statues, so as long as it's not out of stock within days (often hours) of its release we can say it's not selling very well. Then add to that the fact that half of their production is the white version... I don't think it's really their fault though, and I'm confident they'll manage to sell most of them over time anyway, even if it takes a few years.

I assume (sorry, I know you don't like that but it might be relevant) people want to see more details of Griffith's face and thus restrain themself to pre order the statue.
Personnally, knowing that it is the main sculptor who made it, I have complete faith.
We will see.

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Have they started shipping the Griffith statues yet? They let me pay a few weeks ago, but I haven't received any information about shipping yet and their page says End of August. Should I start to worry, or is that a usual AoW delay?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiba said:
Should I start to worry, or is that a usual AoW delay?

Don't worry, it's nothing unusual. Don't hesitate to e-mail them if you want details about the shipping date.

Aazealh said:
Don't worry, it's nothing unusual. Don't hesitate to e-mail them if you want details about the shipping date.

Lateness is not unusual. Them asking you to pay and not having the statues to ship is. I'd e-mail them.

I didn't pay till last week so I don't expect mine quite yet.

Chiba

Well, I actually didn't pay for the statue only, but also for another item, which I already received. I forgot to mention that.
Maybe they did that so I only had to pay the remittance fee once? No one knows. But I'll mail them now, it's been almost 3 weeks.
Has anyone else actually received the Griffith statue yet?

Chiba said:
Well, I actually didn't pay for the statue only, but also for another item, which I already received. I forgot to mention that.
Maybe they did that so I only had to pay the remittance fee once? No one knows. But I'll mail them now, it's been almost 3 weeks.
Has anyone else actually received the Griffith statue yet?

Hey Chiba,

I'm in the same boat.  I don't think there's anything to worry about it, but feel free to email.  I would like to know when to expect my Griffith statue too. =)

UPDATE: Well whadaya know. I just got my shipping confirmation email tonight! It's been shipped! Anyone else get theirs?

Chiba

DirectDK said:
UPDATE: Well whadaya know. I just got my shipping confirmation email tonight! It's been shipped! Anyone else get theirs?

Haha, me too. I mailed them, and a few hours later they send the shipping confirmation. Maybe they were like "Oh shit, we still got those Griffith statues lying around, has anyone shipped them yet?"

Kenji-kun said:
the white colored armor is such a ridiculous idea (I find it very bad looking).

I think the white looks pretty cool - was waiting to see if someone got one, and hear if it was any good though first. Have many of you ordered the white or is it all silvers?

Chiba

In my opinion the white fits Griffith better and it looks very good on the photos, so I ordered it. Let's hope that I won't be disappointed when I see it in reality for the first time. I'll tell you what I think of it once it arrives.

I liked the white too. I went with silver, I think it will match my other statues much better. I just paid for this and my horse riding griffith today. Griffapalooza!!! :griff: :griff:

Well, I got mine today. Number 84. Overall the statue is really nice, but I am a little disappointed with the face from the frontal view. The profile view is very nice though! Anyone else?

Chiba

Mine hasn't arrived yet, I guess I'll get in on Monday or Tuesday.
Since they never showed any pictures from the front it was almost clear that the face wouldnt be really good, but I can get over that if the rest of the statue is great as it looks on the photos. :serpico:

What about the Locus bust ?
Is it worthy the Skullknight and Armored Berserker busts or is it like the... aheeeeemmmm... Casca awful bust ("offered" -what a delightful present- with the rerelease of Griffith HS on horse) ?

Top Bottom