AoW - No. 440/441/442 Winter Journey-Limited Edition*20th Anniversary Product

Just sharing

No. 440 - 144,000 YEN <Limited 77 Pieces> This version has the attachment of Guts mantle (is removable) and the attachment of 2 pcs of evil spirit parts (Big & Small)
No. 441 - 138,000 YEN <Limited 22 Pieces> This version has the removable mantle part of the Guts, however there is no attachment of 2 pcs of evil spirit parts.
No. 442 - 128,000 YEN <Limited 11 Pieces> This version do not have Guts mantle and no attachment of two evil spirit parts.

======================================================================

Product Information

ART OF WAR (20th Anniversary Product)

A completely different taste and volume of the detail product “Guts & Casca”.
The idea of the reproduction of this high quality level of model comes from “Winter Journey”- Berserk Volume 23/ Chapters of the Falcon of the Millennium Empire Arc. “The Winter Journey” .

This development of the product is a complete new modeling with a new and detailed interpretation as 20th Anniversary Product. The product itself has overwhelming volume.
This is the first time, ART OF WAR was able to reproduce the diorama base product of “Guts & Casca” in 1/6 scale. Also, this Guts has more volume in his body than the past release of 1/6 scale of “Guts: The Black Swordsman”.
The fighting Guts who is always protecting Casca is reproduced together where there are lots of representation of damages in the sword and the armor. Not only the color, the reproduction itself has so much detail representation and the modeling part is arranged carefully to develop 20th Anniversary product.
If the comparison is made between the dragon layer between from our customer's purchase, even the volume of the dragon slayer has been increased than the previous products. Guts arm is reproduced with more thickness as “20th Anniversary Model”.

Casca is developed as the complete new modeling together with Guts. Also, the moment and presence of the evil spirits coming from all sides makes the battle scene even more real. This is a perfect piece of product which shows our history of dedication of representing detailed model since the past years. You are able to fully enjoy the world of berserk with this fabuluos statues.

The representation of the wet soil on the ground is done by the resins with the addition of image of the dried leaves on the floor. The evil spirits comes out from many sides of the base part as the bubble. You are able to enjoy full detail part in 360°angle. This product is physological description of each character and the perfect composition of balance where you can enjoy every artistic angle.

20161123_60bcdd.jpg

20161123_7e4683.jpg

20161123_b44499.jpg

This intrigues me a bit. I love dioramas, and I especially want more Casca statues. It's hard to say how good the faces are though. From the side, Casca looks a bit off, so I would need to wait for front-facing pics to see both her and Guts' face. We'll see... I haven't bought an AOW statue in over a year. I think the last one I got was the tentacle ship~

DirectDK said:
This intrigues me a bit. I love dioramas, and I especially want more Casca statues. It's hard to say how good the faces are though. From the side, Casca looks a bit off, so I would need to wait for front-facing pics to see both her and Guts' face. We'll see... I haven't bought an AOW statue in over a year. I think the last one I got was the tentacle ship~

I agree -- tickle me intrigued as well. It's so refreshing to see a diorama over the typical Guts action shot (as epic as they can be, they've been getting a bit old lately.)
I know right off the bat I won't be able to afford this, but I am looking forward to seeing more photos!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
It's hard to say how good the faces are though. From the side, Casca looks a bit off, so I would need to wait for front-facing pics to see both her and Guts' face.

My thoughts exactly. Love the general concept, but the posture and faces look weird, even from this angle.

Here are some more shots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghiVIoNHhKU

I like the concept, Guts' face looks better in comparison to other Aow statues of him, but Casca looks awful to me.

Seeing the thumbnails I was immediately intrigued, but once you look closer everything falls apart. The faces are terrible, and the overall look is crude and amateurish. It looks like Guts is carrying a blow-up sex doll. I'll just wait for the Prime One statues, those appear to be incredible.

I don't think Art of War will be getting anymore of my money.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
It's about $600 more than I would pay for it. Good concept, but the poses are a bit stiff and unnatural. The face sculpt issues persist, but it's still a good looking piece. I can't handle these prices anymore.

It is over-priced to a new level. I'm not even joking. My last purchase was tentacleship too. Not getting anything new unless something extremely convincing piece shows up.

*sighs* passing. Awkward pose and Casca doesn't look alive.

So glad I don't feel the need to maintain a complete collection anymore.

I don't love the faces....but I do think Guts' is a general improvement from AOW's usual Guts face and Caska doesn't look bad portrayed with a spaced out hollow shell look. The price is certainly high but I think AOW's paint job is still almost second to none for resins and the fact that this is a big diorama with 2 main characters somewhat helps push me over the top...I decided last minute to pick it up with the exchange rate as is with the USD. Sorry to betray skullknight guys heh, I wanted this one to display.

Top Bottom