apostles you'd like to create

puella

Berserk forever
...but what about the monkey apostle?
good, then "he" looks like (o Y o) by Ranemaka.
and he should fight Isidor because Isidor is ( .   . ) by Vermillion  :D
this is a fight of monkey vs. monkey.
(o Y o) ;  .   . v
Notice where I mark 'V'

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
good, then "he" looks like (o Y o) by Ranemaka.
and he should fight Isidor because Isidor is ( .   . ) by Vermillion  :D
this is a fight of monkey vs. monkey.
(o Y o) ;  .   . v
Notice where I mark 'V'

*incredibly dumb-founded, stupefied and flabbergasted, he poses the question* ummmm...can someone please decipher this one? :p

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
images.jpe

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Ok, about the apostle thing.
I've got a few...

first comes the bat, classic vampire that somehow eluded this series. Dunno why. Bats n vampires can be a fertile grpund for really cool characters, even tough they're so cliched the very name makes you puke.
With big wings like femto...

the second one should be a crane apostle, with sword wings, meaning each feather is a sword.

and last but not least THE SQUIRREL APOSTLE, the Crosan Beast in berserk

weeeeeeee

M

Marcus

Casca looks like she's on drugs :eek: :D
As for an apostle.. I would have umm.. a Jabberwock apostle or a umm Fire Angel ;D The fire angel would be 12 feet tall, russet-colored, with wings like stained glass windows, ummm a spiked collar & thornlike claws protruding from its short fure at every suggestion of an angle! :)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
How about... the Bill Gates Apostle? He has his own demonic brand on his forehead which strikes fear into any man, woman or child that sees it..
_1526221_microsoftxp300.jpg
*shudders* did it just get cold?

((Hey, this is my 100th post :p))​

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mock him all you want, I guarantee youre running a Windows OS right now. Also, at least Bill was smart enough to sell the vast majority of his Microsoft stock recently. Its goin downhill fast, as they say. 3rd parties are taking over a few corporations, amazon to name one. Watch and wait I suppose... Who will be the next OS king?

Vermillion

Mock him all you want, I guarantee youre running a Windows OS right now. Also, at least Bill was smart enough to sell the vast majority of his Microsoft stock recently. Its goin downhill fast, as they say. 3rd parties are taking over a few corporations, amazon to name one. Watch and wait I suppose... Who will be the next OS king?

This is true!

As far a Bill Gates is concerned...there's a devil to pay and a God to fear ;D

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Hey, I live with my folks, I have no choice what to use.
This is true!

As far a Bill Gates is concerned...there's a devil to pay and a God to fear ;D
:D

puella

Berserk forever
*incredibly dumb-founded, stupefied and flabbergasted, he poses the question* ummmm...can someone please decipher this one?  :p
hehe~ I mean breast vs chest
Well, I mean 'herm' monkey apostle. :D

There already was a monkey apostle: Wilde. Well, he was more of a gorilla... but same s**t.

how about the apostle who regrets what he or she has done.
It,of course, includes regretting their choice to be an apostle.
It doesn't fit into berserk?

Yea, it wouldn't. Especially since the actual ritual of becoming an apostle destroys a good deal of the person's humanity. Therefore, it would be hard for the apostle to regret it.

Vermillion

There already was a monkey apostle: Wilde.  Well, he was more of a gorilla... but same s**t.

Yea, it wouldn't.  Especially since the actual ritual of becoming an apostle destroys a good deal of the person's humanity.  Therefore, it would be hard for the apostle to regret it.

Yeah i hear you. But I honestly think the Count sorta of regretted it. And he had an ounce of humantity left in him as well. I think its because he was a upstanding and stalwart knight before.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
and Roshinu, a little bit
Roshinu was just blindly looking for stability and happiness. She was never really evil. If anything, shes the most pure of all apostles.

puella

Berserk forever
Roshinu was just blindly looking for stability and happiness. She was never really evil. If anything, shes the most pure of all apostles.
Absolutely right.
So I think that's why she could feel kinda guilty for her choice especially at the moment of nearly dying.

EDIT; at this very point, if I say Griffith is just an increased case of Roshinu, what are you gonna say about that?
I mean Griffith and Roshinu can be said they are essentially the same.  

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Griffith is absolutely soulless. I know he has many fans that see him like a sort of messiah and that is exactly how he will anyone see him.
Why do you believe he is "saving" the Midlands and perfoming his "miracles"?
His dream, his "castle", was always to be above the rabble, because rabble don't live in castles only Kings and Gods do.
But he was not above using the "rabble" when this was at his advantage.
And now, to the ones among you, who believe Griffith capable of real human sentiments I ask: have you ever seen Griffith enraged or afraid? No? And do you know why? Because he is unable to feel anything.
He was born dead and in that he is the opposite of Gutts, that is instead the personification of life itself. The reason that had him to go to Charlotte that time was that Gutts, by beating and leaving him, had shown him that his best laid plans could go awry, and that thought he could not tollerate.

puella

Berserk forever
Griffith is absolutely soulless.
I think it's been 'since' he sacrificed all the Hawk members and this is also applicable to those who decide to be evil things like apostles or something.
Before that, he has one though it is kinda trapped and obsessed soul.
I mean I don't think Griffith was born soul-dead. Rather it is more likely Griffith should kill his emotion and soul as a human getting closer to his dream.
I think this is what you meant.

And now, to the ones among you, who believe Griffith capable of real human sentiments I ask: have you ever seen Griffith enraged or afraid? No? And do you know why? Because he is unable to feel anything.
He was born dead and in that he is the opposite of Gutts, that is instead the personification of life itself. The reason that had him to go to Charlotte that time was that Gutts, by beating and leaving him, had shown him that his best laid plans could go awry, and that thought he could not tollerate.
good call. I'd say Griffith is too loyal to his dream, which makes him feel nothing but his dream. but Guts is the only exception for him.

the reason why I related Griffith with Roshinu is very simple.
they can choose to dump everything in order to get what they want.
Neither loving evil stuff itself nor showing off their power like Wild or other apostles, they just pursue their goal(dream or hope)and humanity still remains deeply in their heart.
Well, it's like a young boy clobbers other boy and takes an icecream away from him just because he wants icecream so extremely. don't get me wrong. I just want to put some analogy.
However, unlike Roshinu, Griffith's case is much more complicated ; he has many people under himself and most of all, he has Guts! that's the most important difference between the two.
And I think the fact that Griffith still has humanity is the key to lead him to downfall. Only by Guts.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hahahahh!!!
I know he has many fans that see him like a sort of messiah and that is exactly how he will anyone see him.
Why do you believe he is "saving" the Midlands and perfoming his "miracles"?
His dream, his "castle", was always to be above the rabble, because rabble don't live in castles only Kings and Gods do.
But he was not above using the "rabble" when this was at his advantage.
So? It's logical. The Hawks got knighthood because of Griffiths leadership. Sure they died in the end, but for a time they were happy. He led them to success. Everyone there was happy to be a part of his dream.
He was born dead and in that he is the opposite of Gutts, that is instead the personification of life itself.
Sounds like an odd place for a Griffith-bashing rant...but Ill go along with it. First of all who said Griffith was capable of human emotion? Anyway, if youve never seen him affraid then you havent seen volumes 9-10 I guess...When he's imprisoned.

Some people are WAAAAY too hard on Griff, and only see the surface. Please, just ATTEMPT to shed your hatred of him for a nanosecond and analyze him objectively, not subjectively.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That’s it, it’s time for an oldskool Griffith smackdown on all of you!

Depending how you define evil and pure.

Looking blindly for happiness and stability with complete disregarded for the lives of others isn’t what most would deem a pure quality (pure evil maybe). Anyway, isn’t that basically the same story with all the Apostles, I think she’s no different or any less “evil” for it, she enjoyed the power to kill as much as the rest. I don’t think she’s pure at all, good or evil, she’s complicated, like Griffith, like Guts, like all the major characters we yearn to categorize but really can’t if we look at everything carefully.

what about Zodd?
Indeed, Zoddo may be purest among Apostles. He hasn’t fallen in love with his power (or he’s gotten past it), he has thoughts and aspirations beyond simply his own ability to rule over man. The others never joined God Hand simply for the power, they always had reasons, but they forgot their human reasons afterward, their mortal problems became insignificant in the face of their incredible power. But not Zoddo, he doesn’t care about his power, he even suppress it, as seen in his second battle with Guts, like he wishes to supersede his divine abilities with his own strengths, pure strengths. He still remembers that he’s more than just a monster, he has something he’s searching for. The only Apostle who takes Guts seriously is Zoddo, ever wonder why?

Okay, maybe he’s more interesting than pure. ^_^

No, Gargamel is soulless, Griffith is conflicted.

I know he has many fans that see him like a sort of messiah and that is exactly how he will anyone see him.
I don’t think anybody is a fan of Griffith because of his return or his messiah-status, that’s a rather superficial way of looking at things, I like him because he’s an interesting and complicated character, like Guts. So, don’t reflect your own perception of the series on others.

And now, to the ones among you, who believe Griffith capable of real human sentiments I ask: have you ever seen Griffith enraged or afraid?
Yes, on several occasions.

No? And do you know why? Because he is unable to feel anything.
He was born dead and in that he is the opposite of Gutts, that is instead the personification of life itself.
Moot point, see above answer (honestly, did you think we'd be confounded by that question?).

The reason that had him to go to Charlotte that time was that Gutts, by beating and leaving him, had shown him that his best laid plans could go awry, and that thought he could not tollerate.
Guts messed up Griffith’s plans, so Griffith messed them up more? Christ, it was completely spelled out to the reader (CASKA SCREAMED IT IN GUTS FACE LIKE TWICE!) that Griffith had feelings for him, feelings he didn’t even know he had, feelings that would destroy him. That’s’ the reason, Caska said it before it happed (in volume 7) and again after Griffith’s imprisonment (in volume 9). Griffith himself lamented that Guts made him forget his dream.

Like Walter said, objectively, not subjectively. Subjectively he’s either a hero or a villain, objectively he’s neither and he’s both, he’s just human (well, as far as fictional character go). :)

-Griffith

What's with some u sayin Griffith and Roshinu weren't evil? They aren't as sadistic and cruel as some of the other villains, but they're still quite evil. Roshinu has killed countless ppl for nothing more than enjoyment, and Griffith has sacrificed his friends in order the satisfy his hunger for power. They aren't pure 100% evil like Wilde, but they're evil enough. That's like sayin the murderers on death row aren't such bad ppl, especially since Griffith and Roshinu have done worse things.

Griffith wasn't born souless. Cold and power hungry, yes, but he was still quite human. It wasn't until he sacrificed the Hawks and broke his ties to humanity that he became mostly souless. Even now though, he does have some feelings for Caska. It's not something anyone should give him much credit for though since it's merely a side effect of taking over the body of the demon child.

Top Bottom