[April Fools] Episode 319

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Google Translate:
Suffering from the guts
Conrad comes out
The crumbling island
Isuma family arrives?


I don't think I have words right now. It's been so long since the last episode and holy damn we're in for a treat. This is going to be a HUGE moment. Fucking CONRAD. Come on, Guts. Take one of 'em down. It's about time.

Shit, man...

Oh, and also, that color page looks pretty spiffy. Where is Casca in that pic, I wonder? ELFHELM????
 

Death May Die

"That day you left, that's when I knew."
:schierke:

I can't commit to excitement until we're at least 7 days clear of April Fools.

(Plus, that painted Casca photo looks too familiar to me. Haven't I seen that on a trading card or something!?)
 

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
HOLY SHIT IS THAT CONRAD?! AND YOU HATERS SAID HE DOESN'T DESERVE AN EMOTE!
 
Death May Die said:
I can't commit to excitement until we're at least 7 days clear of April Fools.
Same here. I suppose it's not impossible for the story to go that way, but it doesn't sit right with me. Plus I'd be a little bit (very little bit) disappointed if we've waited this long to see the Sea God only for it to never appear. It'd be like waiting for Ganishka to reappear in his new form only for the demonic womb/vessel to collapse upon itself with Ganishka never to be heard from again. :ganishka:
 
Death May Die said:
:schierke:

I can't commit to excitement until we're at least 7 days clear of April Fools.
Everything looks a bit suspicious to me too... so I second that! :slan:
And wait before you see the full picture with Conrad holding a PSP... :troll:
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
W.O.W.

Death May Die said:
:schierke:

I can't commit to excitement until we're at least 7 days clear of April Fools.
Yeah man, I lied about a new episode coming out, it's really just the 4 old ones being republished to make people wait. FOOLED Y'ALL! :iva: And just you wait for my reveal that there's no anime movie coming (a theatrical release? Never thought you guys would buy something that big). :carcus:

Death May Die said:
(Plus, that painted Casca photo looks too familiar to me. Haven't I seen that on a trading card or something!?)
Hahaha yeah well give me a call when you find what trading card it was on. :ganishka:

El Gaucho said:
I'd be a little bit (very little bit) disappointed if we've waited this long to see the Sea God only for it to never appear. It'd be like waiting for Ganishka to reappear in his new form only for the demonic womb/vessel to collapse upon itself with Ganishka never to be heard from again.
Dude come on, don't you see it?! Hell, why didn't I see it coming (I did, of course :badbone:)? Look at these pictures and tell me what you see:


An ancient god who terrorized the land but was banished hundreds of years ago. Then with the merging of the worlds initiated by Femto, he's back in business. Draw your own conclusions. And that color picture... Is Elfhelm finally around the corner? Man... I can't even imagine how they'll get there now that we know who they're facing. Could they just flee? It feels so early to defeat a member of the God Hand, although with help from other parties...
 

puella

Popopopopopopopo!
Guys, I feel like we thought about it too hard and missed the obvious. The idol assumed to be the Sea God that Casca noticed on the island looks exactly like Conrad: short tentacles, big bald head and thick lips!
 

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
Seconded. This episode is going to be unbelievable. I'm especially excited about the developments with Conrad, hopefully we'll learn more about his character. He was always the creepiest God Hand member in my eyes, mostly due to the lack of speech.

The color page looks fantastic.
 

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Aphasia said:
Seconded. This episode is going to be unbelievable. I'm especially excited about the developments with Conrad, hopefully we'll learn more about his character. He was always the creepiest God Hand member in my eyes, mostly due to the lack of speech.

The color page looks fantastic.
I'll be honest, Conrad's been the God Hand that I payed least attention to, since he's just sorta been... There. I mean, in terms of dialogue, just like you mentioned. I was thinking, and I'm worried for Guts. Last time he encountered a God Hand, he seriously got messed up. Conrad could be devastating in different ways. I can't even imagine. Maybe he can get Guts sick? Gahh!

Also, now that I've settled down, I realize... We're gonna be seeing Isma's "family?" Man I hope that's true.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well that certainly explains why the sea god was described as evil, which always seemed strange to me.
 
Didn't someone call the God Hand showing up? And I recall saying that it was unlikely. Congrats to whoever that was, I think 1-2 episodes back.
I can hardly wait for the release. :guts:
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Aphasia said:
I'm especially excited about the developments with Conrad, hopefully we'll learn more about his character. He was always the creepiest God Hand member in my eyes, mostly due to the lack of speech.
Yeah he's been pretty mysterious so far... And creepy, that's for sure. Someone mentioned it earlier but looking at him, even his arms are kinda reminiscent of the tentacles' textures, the way they're striped. The more I think about it, the more I see it. He's even got a weird fish/squid face on his torso, as can be seen in this picture (from the Occultation ceremony).

Anyway, it's going to be an insane fight. Puella was telling me earlier that the Skull Knight might show up, but after what happened with Femto I wonder... It would certainly be epic to have Guts & Schierke, the Moonlight Boy, the merrows and SK fighting all together against Conrad/the Sea God. Or will they flee? I'm not sure Guts can do it quite yet... Even if Conrad is still weak because no one was sacrificed to revive him. And it's just a random thought but I was chatting with Darklink earlier and wondering whether each member of the God Hand is associated with a particular element. Like fire for Slan, the wind for Griffith, etc.

Ramen4ever said:
Didn't someone call the God Hand showing up? And I recall saying that it was unlikely. Congrats to whoever that was, I think 1-2 episodes back.
That was probably me. :badbone: (I don't remember actually)
 
That's a pretty sweet find, guys! :isidro: Conrad was the last of the God Hand I would expect to show up; he's kind of...boring (and isn't he supposed to be reminiscent of a giant wood louse, rather than marine animal?)


This news makes my week! :judo:
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Madam President said:
That's a pretty sweet find, guys! :isidro: Conrad was the last of the God Hand I would expect to show up; he's kind of...boring (and isn't he supposed to be reminiscent of a giant wood louse, rather than marine animal?)
Who said isopods didn't live in the sea? :slan:

http://twistedsifter.com/2010/03/the-giant-isopod-abomination-of-the-sea/


By the way, in response to "Garrus" earlier, I guess we are going to have to implement a Conrad emoticon now...
 
Aazealh said:
Anyway, it's going to be an insane fight. Puella was telling me earlier that the Skull Knight might show up, but after what happened with Femto I wonder... It would certainly be epic to have Guts & Schierke, the Moonlight Boy, the merrows and SK fighting all together against Conrad/the Sea God. Or will they flee? I'm not sure Guts can do it quite yet... Even if Conrad is still weak because no one was sacrificed to revive him. And it's just a random thought but I was chatting with Darklink earlier and wondering whether each member of the God Hand is associated with a particular element. Like fire for Slan, the wind for Griffith, etc.
I can hardly wait to see this battle royal. I certainly hope to see this become the first time we see a member of the God Hand get seriously injured (in their own physical form).
 

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
Yeah he's been pretty mysterious so far... And creepy, that's for sure. Someone mentioned it earlier but looking at him, even his arms are kinda reminiscent of the tentacles' textures, the way they're striped. The more I think about it, the more I see it. He's even got a weird fish/squid face on his torso, as can be seen in this picture (from the Occultation ceremony).
Do you think it's too early to assume Conrad is the evil entity everyone knows as the Sea God? I can certainly see the similarities mentioned. Either way, it will be particularly interesting to see how this encounter will play out. This is the first time the crew has run into a member of the God-Hand post worlds merging. Not having to project himself through some other form will have a huge impact on the field of battle. I'm a bit concerned Schierke won't be able to keep Guts under control in a situation like that. Perhaps the evil Od will be too strong for her to maintain the balance.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, it's going to be an insane fight. Puella was telling me earlier that the Skull Knight might show up, but after what happened with Femto I wonder... It would certainly be epic to have Guts & Schierke, the Moonlight Boy, the merrows and SK fighting all together against Conrad/the Sea God. Or will they flee? I'm not sure Guts can do it quite yet... Even if Conrad is still weak because no one was sacrificed to revive him.
That would be pretty nuts. Skull Knight likes to come around when shit gets crazy, so I wouldn't be too surprised by his presence. Well...If they were to flee, something would have to happen in order to let them. I doubt they could just run away, so maybe the Merrows are able to seal him away again/temporarily, letting them escape. Or Skull Knight shows up and they join forces against evil. :badbone: Then you have the mysterious wild card Moonlight boy. This one could go any number of ways.

Aazealh said:
And it's just a random thought but I was chatting with Darklink earlier and wondering whether each member of the God Hand is associated with a particular element. Like fire for Slan, the wind for Griffith, etc.
A plausible theory indeed.


Aazealh said:
Who said isopods didn't live in the sea? :slan:
Those things are so damn cool.

Madam President said:
Conrad was the last of the God Hand I would expect to show up; he's kind of...boring
I'm starting to think I'm the only one who loves Conrad. :iva: When he does show up he is usually followed by a parade of badass. What's cooler than silence? Nothing. (Insert awesome conrad avatar from the future)
 
Aphasia said:
I'm starting to think I'm the only one who loves Conrad. :iva: When he does show up he is usually followed by a parade of badass. What's cooler than silence? Nothing. (Insert awesome conrad avatar from the future)
No, I like him too - definitely my favorite Godhand. He's a silent and mysterious figure, thus it's interesting to speculate in his motives. Some of the reason could also be because of one of my granduncles was named Konrad (he also had his shady ties from what I've heard...). Hopefully the upcoming episodes will inspire more Conrad-respect.

Team Conrad ftw.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
D-Scape said:
No, I like him too - definitely my favorite Godhand. He's a silent and mysterious figure, thus it's interesting to speculate in his motives.
Come on, he's not silent. He's got one of my favorite quotes regarding the sacrificial ceremony.



And guys, I posted a Conrad emoticon years ago, but it was just never finished.
. The problem is it's totally superfluous since it essentially duplicates the function of the Ganishka emote.

Aphasia said:
That would be pretty nuts. Skull Knight likes to come around when shit gets crazy,
Well, he comes out to attack the God Hand at very specific moments. In Femto's words, "at the junction of times."
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Do you think it's too early to assume Conrad is the evil entity everyone knows as the Sea God?
At this point, no.

Aphasia said:
Either way, it will be particularly interesting to see how this encounter will play out. This is the first time the crew has run into a member of the God-Hand post worlds merging. Not having to project himself through some other form will have a huge impact on the field of battle. I'm a bit concerned Schierke won't be able to keep Guts under control in a situation like that. Perhaps the evil Od will be too strong for her to maintain the balance.
I'm more concerned about them being completely overwhelmed by his power to be honest. The Japanese text mentions that Guts is in severe pain, and looking at how much the brand is bleeding that isn't very surprising. Will the armor allow him to keep fighting despite that?

Walter said:
Come on, he's not silent. He's got one of my favorite quotes regarding the sacrificial ceremony.
And he's also the one that summoned the giant hand during the Occultation ceremony.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Do you think it's too early to assume Conrad is the evil entity everyone knows as the Sea God? I can certainly see the similarities mentioned.
I dunno, I'm starting to doubt this. What we're positing right now is that the Sea God that Guts is about to encounter in the cave will be Conrad. But is he the same being that, as Isma said, the merrows were able to seal away XXX years ago? That seems very strange to me, and it doesn't necessarily add up. The God Hand had no physical presence until the merging. For Conny to be terrorizing sea dwellers a few years/hundred years ago wouldn't make any sense to me.

Now, maybe the God Hand usurped certain positions of power in the astral world upon the merging. Maybe Conrad filled the void left by the Sea God, and that's how these two conflicting stories make sense together.
 
Personally for me, if after all the waiting and speculation, the Sea God turns out to be really Conrad, this would probably be the biggest Berserk-related letdown that I had since that episode about Ganishka's family background. I can see why some might think Conrad could be what those villagers believe to be an almighty oceanic deity, since those pagans back in the Conviction Arc themselves worshiped an apparition that looked like another God Hand member, Slan.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:
Personally for me, if after all the waiting and speculation, the Sea God turns out to be really Conrad, this would probably be the biggest Berserk-related letdown that I had since that chapter about Ganishka's family background.
Chapter, huh?
 

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
BayJumper said:
Personally for me, if after all the waiting and speculation, the Sea God turns out to be really Conrad, this would probably be the biggest Berserk-related letdown that I had since that chapter about Ganishka's family background. I can see why some might think Conrad could be what those villagers believe to be an almighty oceanic deity, since those pagans back in the Conviction Arc themselves worshiped an apparition that looked like another God Hand member, Slan.
I kind of agree with you. I was hoping for a full fledged sea monster.
 
Top Bottom