[April Fools] SK.net Premium Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

As most of you know, hosting and maintaining a website costs a lot of money. With server costs of OVER 300€ a month (30,000 USD), the SK.net administrative team has been left with no choice but to make certain changes to the site. Those changes include a limited access to our translation section of 5 thread views a month for regular users and the presence of advertisement on the site and forum.

However, those restrictions need not apply to any member choosing to support us by Becoming a SK.net Premium Member.

Advantages of our Premium Membership:

• Unlimited access to our translation section.
  • Unlimited Search for posts and users by keywords and location.
  • Thread Creation Tool. Customize your thread titles with special emoticons and fancy fonts!
  • Broadcasts. Send a mass inbox PM to everyone who has listed you as a friend.
  • Maximum of 100 posts per day instead of the default 10 for standard members.
  • LAUNCH DEAL! Your own @skullknight.net email address! Get your own custom email now with 20MB of storage free of any additional charges!
  • Customize your avatar and signature with no size limit and host them directly on our server.
  • Ability to upload and post Adobe Flash® files.
  • Rate posts! You can now rate other people's posts and see who rated yours.
  • See your last 100 profile views. See a list of the last 100 people who viewed your profile.
  • Power Bombs. Like Samus Aran, you can help moderate the forum by helping to suspend unwanted users. Learn More
  • Upload and use your own smileys! (you can also allow your friends to use them)
  • Get featured on the Premium Users Page.
  • Get featured as a "Featured Premium". Your picture will be displayed on the main page, this only shows Premium Members and is updated with a new member every minute.
  • No Ads. Premium Members do not see ads on any page.
  • Make your profile only viewable by other SK.net Premium Members (not publicly accessible). When you turn on this feature, users you have blocked cannot access your profile.
  • By becoming a SK.net Premium Member, you are showing support for the site and helping to pay the hosting fees. You also get special recognition, with "[Premium Member]" as your account status, accompagnied by 5 golden-colored beherits.
  • You get any future premium features. More premium features will be added in the future. Any additional premium features that are added will be made available to existing SK.net Premium Members.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Awesome! I put the donation through! Time to spam everyone with JoJo smileys! (Hope I get my gold beherits quick)
joseph.gif

road-roller.gif

yukako.gif

mista.gif

smoke-smilie1.gif

STAR-PLA.gif
ZA-WARUDO-GIF.gif
DIO.gif

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Hoping April fools. :casca:

Of course not, this is a very serious announcement. How else do you guys think Walter's going to pay me for my work here?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Glad we're finally going ahead with this. You guys don't have any idea how tough it's been recently to fund the site...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
5 Golden Beherits? I'm down if and only if they're animated Gifs. Otherwise, screw this deal!

They're animated at 60 frames per second in 1080p. Only the highest quality from SK.net! Sign up now!

Hm, I don't know. Dark Horse says it's Knight of Skeleton, and they are a highly reputable translation group. How can I be asked to donate $2/mo with the inaccurate site name? :troll:

BerserkMJM said:
Hm, I don't know. Dark Horse says it's Knight of Skeleton, and they are a highly reputable translation group. How can I be asked to donate $2/mo with the inaccurate site name? :troll:

Then just make a donation to www.knightofskeleton.net, it's a great site too.

turkitage

ターク
BerserkMJM said:

Oooooo! :???: you gonna take that Aaz????

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BerserkMJM said:
Hm, I don't know. Dark Horse says it's Knight of Skeleton, and they are a highly reputable translation group. How can I be asked to donate $2/mo with the inaccurate site name?

Hi BerserkMJM, and thank you for asking that pertinent question! :serpico:

Just let me preface my response with this:

Now, for your information, Dark Horse Comics is not a "translation group," whatever that even means, but a comic book publisher as its name implies. Dark Horse Comics subcontracts the translation of the Japanese text in its edition of Berserk to a company named Digital Manga Publishing. Said company is actually not highly reputable, but regardless, the use of the English "Knight of Skeleton" in translation of the Japanese "髑髏の騎士" is not their doing. In fact they do not approve of it, as exposed below by Chris Warner from Dark Horse Comics:

Chris Warner said:
Hi everybody,

I'm Chris Warner, Dark Horse editor for Berserk. Got a note from a reader who clued me to some issues raised on this forum, and I thought I'd drop in and clear up a couple of things.

First, "Knight of Skeleton" definitely is an odd wording, as the translator pointed out to me, but the issue is not the translation. The licensor specifically asked for "Kinght of Skeleton," even though the translator, Duane Johnson, thought that "Skull Knight" was the correct call. When the licensor makes this kind of request, we do it.

As you now see, the use of that terrible mistranslation is only the result of a misguided desire to match the terms employed by all licensees around the world (as the earlier mistranslation of the name was hastily produced for use on merchandise originally intended for a Japanese audience). A desire that, considering recent developments, may very well not exist anymore.

I hope this answers your question and am looking forward to your patronage! :serpico:

Best regards,

Alexander A. Zealh
VP of SkullKnight LLC

P.S.

Eluvei said:
Then just make a donation to www.knightofskeleton.net, it's a great site too.

What he said. :troll:

X

Xem

Sounds good to me! If I offer to put a down payment of say... 500$, can I create my own subforum (like Vagabond) but instead dedicated solely to Adon from the anime series? I think it would benefit the site immensely.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Sounds good to me! If I offer to put a down payment of say... 500$, can I create my own subforum (like Vagabond) but instead dedicated solely to Adon from the anime series? I think it would benefit the site immensely.
Adon was also in the manga. Just sayin :void:

X

Xem

Walter said:
Adon was also in the manga. Just sayin :void:

Yes but the additions to Adon from the anime series added much more depth and relevance to the story. So I'm going with that one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:

$500 - Your own subforum.
$2500 - I'll write your posts for you with all the features usually found in my posts such as Extreme Length and Quote Mastery.
$5000 - Become administrator for a week. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
The other two are fair. but admin for ONE WEEK??? get out of here!!! How about we toss in a custom carebear avatar?

Looks like someone doesn't have what it takes to be on the top. :daiba:

P.S. Avatar request granted. I'll send you the bill by PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom