At what point would you stop reading?

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Until the very end of Berserk or my life,
I hope to live enough to see the end because more than any series, i want to see the end (berserk is the only manga i read, the other series are video game like genso suikoden or shadow hearts or xenosaga, but for xenosaga it's already done a few days ago :serpico: with the last third episode) Never a tome disappointed me, i know every thing does miura i will love it (except if it's become like DBZ with too many evolution and transformation but that will never happen ^^)

D

Death Can Wait

The only thing that could -dissapoint- me in Berserk and make me lose faith in the series is if Klaus' foretelling holds true. As I've stated before, one of the reasons I adore Guts as a character are for reasons such as his unforgiving nature. I wouldn't say a "tearful" rendering dealing with the end of Griffith would be bad, yet if they decide to let bygones be bygones...

There's nothing really to sway my faith in the series right now. As some people have shown on this thread, I too was skeptical about the particular arcs evolving now, but Aazealh is absolutely right, its the fact they are being speed-read through and (by comparison) the golden arc was hella long itself, not to mention a lot of the "magic/supernatural" themes being hammered on right now were present in the first 10 pages of volume 1. Elves, giant KOBRAAA demons? It's just the golden arc threw many people off (imo) and the anime for focusing more on the characters than the supernatural events occuring, causing disillusions for the natural fantasy air already present.

Again, I see no reason to stop anytime soon. I don't see Miura doing something stupid, he's taken great care of his work already and he'd have to slip up more than our past two presidents for me to lose faith in him.

I usually end up thinking certain parts of the series "could have been better", and then upon rereading them I notice all the cool little bits of info and subtle hints about the story that I missed the first run-through and I end up realizing that the quality has been pretty consistent from episode to episode.

If Guts ever turned gay, lost all interest in Casca, and labeled himself the "Pink Swordsman", I'd probably quit reading. Otherwise I think Miura will hold my attention. Actually, I take that back. I'd have to read the Pink Swordsman, just for morbid curiosity.

Never. I'll stop reading once there are credits, and Miura has a big long speech about everything he's accomplished since the beginning of the series, and thanks all the fans for sticking around for the long journey. :miura:

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
It would be tough to make me hate Berserk. Reading episodes 1 at a time is kind of crappy, but once you fit 8 or 9 of them together and read it as a whole, you can see how everything fits and see the climax in the scenes and everything.

I'll keep reading it until it reaches an ending.

Judo

Midlands finest
Stop reading Berserk? What a strange idea...

Considering the last 31andahalf volumes, I can't think of anything Miura could pull off to stop me from reading.

Oburi

All praise Grail
A strange idea indeed. I remember living with my parents last year and, even though it was well known that I'm a huge anime and manga fan, my obsession for berserk was obviously greater and my parents would tease me about when I was going to give it up. Like it was some silly childhood stage. They almost shit their pants when I told them I was getting a berserk related tattoo and they always assured me that I would eventually loose interest. Hasn't happened yet, and it never will. Out of all the stories, fables, tales,and series berserk is my favorite. Between LOTR and Star Wars, any other anime and manga, Berserk is always king. Even if I'm in the middle of another great series, in the back of my mind I have burning images of berserk reminding me that nothing even come close... woo, had to get that out of my system.

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
If they started using stick figures to represent Guts/other charecters, in every panel, and filled it up with Sfx lines like :swoosh. Also if Guts died, and Charlotte became the main charecter.

C

C_W

:iva: <---- Becomes the main character

That's the only reason I would stop reading. Seriously though, even just after one page of her, I already couldn't stand her.

C_W said:
:iva: <---- Becomes the main character

That's the only reason I would stop reading. Seriously though, even just after one page of her, I already couldn't stand her.

Ivalera is a great addition to Berserk. Many people on the SK fourms would agree. So I assume if :troll: <---- Becomes the main character, you would continue to read on.

C

C_W

slan69 said:
Ivalera is a great addition to Berserk. Many people on the SK fourms would agree. So I assume if :troll: <---- Becomes the main character, you would continue to read on.

I hope she'll do something that'll make me think she's awesome, but so far from what I've read, I'm not too impressed with her.

In all honesty, probably the most realistic reason I would quit (as I have with a lot) is if Berserk loses its focus and becomes something boring like Naruto or One Piece. But with Miura working on it for a good 20 years now, I seriously doubt that happening. But, that would really be the only (real, non-joking) reason I can think of.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Any reason that would ever make me stop reading would be a ridiculous hypothetical. At this point, I've spent so much time enjoying Miura's story that I've built up a kind of "trust" in his work. I'm in it for the long haul, baby.

But, for the sake of the thread, here's something that would make me stop reading berserk:

It turns out there are actually 100 Beherit shards and Guts has to gather all the shards to form the ultimate Beherit. Griffith is also seeking the ultimate Beherit, as well as a bunch of low level filler demons. Only Schierke knows how to locate the 100 Beherit pieces. When Guts goes into berserker mode, Schierke develops a new spell to snap him out of it. "Sit boy!"

C

C_W

Gobolatula said:
It turns out there are actually 100 Beherit shards and Guts has to gather all the shards to form the ultimate Beherit. Griffith is also seeking the ultimate Beherit, as well as a bunch of low level filler demons. Only Schierke knows how to locate the 100 Beherit pieces. When Guts goes into berserker mode, Schierke develops a new spell to snap him out of it. "Sit boy!"

Brilliantly put.

Or maybe there's a hidden ninja village and then Guts realizes he has the evil spirit of something living inside him. Or maybe, on the vessel they start hearing about a mystical treasure and then they have tons of misadventures that never lead up to anything, followed by them meeting a furry doctor.

Better stop. Don't want to give any fan fiction ideas. :SK:

Easy question, easy answer.
When it's suddenly revealed that Zodd is Guts' long lost father and SK is a time traveling Guts from the future.
Safety not guaranteed, must bring your own Beherit Sword.

If things go according to plan, I'll stop reading when Miura finishes the manga. Though of course I intend to do a full read through after the final episode is released. And every once in a while afterwords.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Ramen4ever said:
If things go according to plan, I'll stop reading when Miura finishes the manga. Though of course I intend to do a full read through after the final episode is released. And every once in a while afterwords.

That'll be a sad...exciting day.

Oh, and probably nothing. Yep.

Top Bottom