Berserk and Starwars

Kentaro miura did an interview where he stated that Star Wars is his all time favorite movie. coincidentally enough kentaro miura died on may 6th revenge of the sith day (some people celebrate this day on the fifth while others celebrate it on the 6th of may)

this may just be coincidence but Berserk and Starwars are actually pretty darn similar upon close inspection.

Anakin skywalker is very much like Griffith. both members of a warrior like group that is ultimately annihilated due to their own actions and as a result their bodies are permenantly disfigured. they both blame their best friend for their down fall. in griffith's case it is Guts who is responsible and in anakins it is obi wan.

some other similarities are that grifFITH is the Fifth member of the God hand and Anakin uses form 5 in lightsaber combat and is a sith lord

both anakin and Griffith are reborn as dark lords

Anakin as Darth Vader and Griffith as Vemto, i mean femto.

7deade4dbf1e281b8b81bd3c76cd5c31fc25e4db_00.jpg

Darth_Vader_by_wraithdt.jpg

they then go on to build an empire

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I know you're specifically referring to the DVD 3 interview where he mentioned Star Wars, but he's actually talked about it quite a bit more. Like in this interview he gave around the premiere of Episode VII: https://www.skullknight.net/forum/i...ou-miura-about-star-wars-december-2015.14879/

coincidentally enough kentaro miura died on may 6th revenge of the sith day (some people celebrate this day on the fifth while others celebrate it on the 6th of may)

May is pretty significant to Star Wars because there are a lot of Star Wars releases in it. But the 6th...? Eh, sure?

this may just be coincidence but Berserk and Starwars are actually pretty darn similar upon close inspection. Anakin skywalker is very much like Griffith. both members of a warrior like group that is ultimately annihilated due to their own actions and as a result their bodies are permenantly disfigured. they both blame their best friend for their down fall. in griffith's case it is Guts who is responsible and in anakins it is obi wan.

I think it'd be more fair to say that there are a few broad similarities between them, as many as you could find in a lot of genre work. And naturally there are just as many things different if not moreso, than similar. To expound on the ones you've listed here, Griffith created the Falcons, but the Jedi didn't even want Anakin to join them.

some other similarities are that grifFITH is the Fifth member of the God hand and Anakin uses form 5 in lightsaber combat and is a sith lord

Form... what now? That's a little loose, don't you think? :ganishka:

they then go on to build an empire

Not sure Vader was doing a whole lot of empire building. He was more like the muscle behind the Emperor, in a way that's similar to a major apostle like Zodd is for Griffith throughout Millennium Falcon.

I know you're specifically referring to the DVD 3 interview where he mentioned Star Wars, but he's actually talked about it quite a bit more. Like in this interview he gave around the premiere of Episode VII: https://www.skullknight.net/forum/i...ou-miura-about-star-wars-december-2015.14879/

May is pretty significant to Star Wars because there are a lot of Star Wars releases in it. But the 6th...? Eh, sure?

I think it'd be more fair to say that there are a few broad similarities between them, as many as you could find in a lot of genre work. And naturally there are just as many things different if not moreso, than similar. To expound on the ones you've listed here, Griffith created the Falcons, but the Jedi didn't even want Anakin to join them.

Form... what now? That's a little loose, don't you think? :ganishka:

Not sure Vader was doing a whole lot of empire building. He was more like the muscle behind the Emperor, in a way that's similar to a major apostle like Zodd is for Griffith throughout Millennium Falcon.
you're right there are a lot of differences like griffith being the creator and leader of the band while anakin was just a member of the jedi but griffith's aim was to become a royal knight of midland and the band becomes part of the royal army and he is made viscount moving him ever closer to his dream only to have it snatched all away from him.

i kinda see the kingdom of midland as the republic and griffiths fall marks its decline as well. and there were many who didnt want griffith to have the honor of being apart of the royal army and they tried to assasinate him. im not negating what youre saying though you're right they definitely arnt the same story by any means just pointing out some similarities between them and this may actually shed some light on what was going to happen in berserk eventually with griffith being redeemed ultimately by defeating void. also anakin did refer to it as his new empire even though it really wasnt lol

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith's aim was to become a royal knight of midland
From the very beginning, Griffith's dream was to have his own kingdom, not be a mere knight.

i kinda see the kingdom of midland as the republic and griffiths fall marks its decline as well
Insofar as both Midland and the republic go downhill, sure. But Midland truly falls to the Kushan, and in your analogy, wouldn't it be Griffith that takes it over by force? That's not what happens, though.

this may actually shed some light on what was going to happen in berserk eventually with griffith being redeemed ultimately by defeating void
I really don't see how that could be possible. The rape of Casca and the subsequent tainting of the child are a huge line in the sand Miura drew for Griffith as a character. He crossed it in a definitive way that wouldn't feel palatable for him to crawl back from. But if that kind of reasoning gives you closure as a fan, I say go for it.

From the very beginning, Griffith's dream was to have his own kingdom, not be a mere knight.

Insofar as both Midland and the republic go downhill, sure. But Midland truly falls to the Kushan, and in your analogy, wouldn't it be Griffith that takes it over by force? That's not what happens, though.

I really don't see how that could be possible. The rape of Casca and the subsequent tainting of the child are a huge line in the sand Miura drew for Griffith as a character. He crossed it in a definitive way that wouldn't feel palatable for him to crawl back from. But if that kind of reasoning gives you closure as a fan, I say go for it.
yea, i was just saying that there were people who didnt want griffith to be apart of the royal army. i know it wasnt his true aim to be a knight just a stepping stone to his dream. and im not saying its plagarism im just saying there are some star wars similarities. actually it looks like star wars borrowed from berserk. i mean the golden age arc ended almost a full ten years before revenge of the sith even came out so its really starwars with berserk references

Top Bottom