Berserk Character studies

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Nina's arm looks a lot better. She is probably a little small but I don't see anyway outside photoshop to fix that apart from re-drawing her larger. If you draw the heads starting with spheres make sure they are close in size. Nina's should be a little smaller than Luca's naturally but they should still be fairly close. Anyway I think it is pretty good as is. Nina just looks a bit more like a child.

The Slan pic is good. I like how your shading looks on the textured paper.

The Slan drawing is great, and is definitely in her likeness, except I can't help but to point out that her face looks out of character. There's something too cute about it, even though I like how the face was drawn. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us, you have great talent!

I've just had a chance to revise Farnese and Serpico's portrait - thanks to Sal's suggestions. I'm a bit happier with Farnese's hair. What do you think?
FarneseandSerpico5001.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ignore VHB, he's off his meds.

Anyways it's lookin' real nice, I agree with you in that I like the hair a lot better.

I'm currently working on an oil portrait of Sonia.. Struggling with it as usual.

Here are some of the quick random sketches the came up along the way..

lukaandnina6-1.jpg

Sonia's a little freaky in this pic. I was thinking of Wednesday Addams somehow.
sonia13.jpg

Last one is a homage to Edward Munch's Madonna.. (contains some nudity).
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh30/vee209/Berserk%20Studies/slan-madonna.jpg

I like the disturbance in Sonia's face. SHe'll probably look like that when she realizes the extent of Griffith's true nature. I love gawking at ur work.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Lookin' good, vee! Something about the structure of Luca's hands and eyes bugs me, tho. Can't wait to see the final result

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
The eyes on Luca look ok to me, but I agree with CnC about the hands. On the bottom hand I would define the knuckles just a bit more and make the thumb distinct from the other fingers. Both pics are good though. The Sonia picture is pretty cool, she would look good in Silent Hill.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Interesting pic with the leftovers. Kind of an abstract beherit?

Yea Serpico's right about Luca's eyes. The right eye seemed higher to me initially but it's fine.

Fantastic. I'm not usually into fanart based on other series because it's usually so cheesy and too often done with CG but this is something else. Is it just me or do alot of people in the Berserk-fandom tend to be artistically inclined?

Munch's art is awesome too, strange to see Slan as the madonna. :SK:

CnC

Ad Oculos
A.C said:
Is it just me or do alot of people in the Berserk-fandom tend to be artistically inclined?

Artists know good art when they see it. Miura's stands above most. :troll:

Top Bottom