Berserk Doujinshi

E

emorace

Ok, some people will know what a Doujinshi is, so, I've collected some Berserk Doujinshi over the years, scanned some of them also... You can see my current collection here: http://berserk-blutrache.de/doujinshi/?postTabs=1

In this thread, I will post some of my scans as we go along, I've already asked some people over the net to translate some of them, but no one cares ^^ So... feel free if anyone wants to share with us what is happening in there. ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly I can understand why people wouldn't care. It's a nice initiative I guess, but I can't say I'm all that interested myself. The funny ones can be alright when they're actually funny, but the pseudo romantic-erotic stuff... No thanks (as far as I'm concerned).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've personally never understood the necessity for doujinshi in the industry. It's basically elaborate fanfiction. How do these things even get published?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
It's basically elaborate fanfiction. How do these things even get published?

They don't 99.9% of the time. People print them themselves and sell them at conventions.

E

emorace

Walter said:
Yeah, I've personally never understood the necessity for doujinshi in the industry. It's basically elaborate fanfiction. How do these things even get published?

uhmn, i´ve written a big story about that in german on my page, so let me explain it a bit ...
except of japan, doujinshi are not that popular outside of their homecountry, most well known here are the hentai doujinshi (with original content/characters, or with adapted characters from manga/anime/videogames) where you have explict heterosexual content, besides that, females prefer for example shonen ai or much harder "Yaoi" Content in Doujinshi, where you have homosexual content ... in regard of berserk, female fans see this "love relationshop" between guts x griffith, so this is why so many shonen ai/yaoi related berserk doujinshi where published around 1998 ....

in general, doujinshi where published by amateur mangaka by self-publishing, they sell their works in limited quantities on big conventions like the "Comiket" for example, western fans of berserk will know the comiket becouse of HEADLONG probably ...the statues where sold there for example too. When it comes to copyrights, the holders endure this kind of otakustuff, becouse there is not a commercial background behind selling doujinshi, in japan the costs for a doujinshi are not that high when you buy them on the comiket for example, printing costs and costs for binding the pages etc ... and at the end of the day, doujinshi are an indicator for successful manga/anime/videogames etc. ....

and, if you dont know, many successful mangaka that are now established startet with drawning doujinshi, the hole team around the "Bastard!" Manga produced Capcom Related Doujinshi for example in the past ...

Yoshitoshi ABe, best known for "Lain" i think, has created "Haibane Renmei" first as a Doujinshi Project, there are many mangaka which have started with drawning doujinshi, the "CLAMP" Circle is the best example i would say ...

so ... there are doujinshi that parody established manga, like in this thread berserk, but there is much original content too ... they send out "scouts" to spot hyped trends on the comiket for example, "Afro Samurai" for example, if i get it right, was a Doujinshi PRoject in the beginning too ....

E

emorace

Gaiserik said:
Thank you Emorace. Do you will post the scans of Robin's Egg?

Sorry, I didn't scan this doujinshi + don't want to post adult material.

Top Bottom