Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal_Bear_Rex

⊂( ̄(エ) ̄)⊃
Clearly Miura has gone into a deep, deep meditation.

He will reach Nirvana and the next Berserk episode will bring us all to a new level of enlightenment.

...Probably.

Death May Die said:
Maybe he has met Mrs. Miura! :casca:

This! At the very least, I hope the dude's having an extended vacation procuring a tan on the Bahamas, rather than GRUELING away at the manga, unable to realize his vision of Falconia and Elfhelm in perfection to the Nth degree, crumbling completed pages and bombarding his apprentices with them in fury... Or however the creative process usually goes for him.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I like to think he is traveling the world and visiting castles and museums and all that sort. Sketching out ideas for future Berserk.

I like to think that he killed a bear with his bare hands and then professionally taxidermied it himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs

Story has it he was last seen picking coffee beans in Guatemala, where he proudly rejected all heathenism by the locals and announced the next episode on the last week of the ninth month of the current year.
But unfortunately, non of this is true. Sorry guys :ubik:

One of my other favourite manga has ended this month. Initial D has come to an end after 18 years, however the writer has just announced one final full volume release that is being made in one go without prior chapter releases. Whilst I don't think this suits Miura's style, it would be absolutely brilliant if he did something similar and released a full volume with huge plot developments all in one go.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
JezzaX said:
Whilst I don't think this suits Miura's style, it would be absolutely brilliant if he did something similar and released a full volume with huge plot developments all in one go.

Yeah I thought about that some time ago. But as Aaz or Wally pointed out, I don't think it'll happen. It'd be fun and crazy though...

To be honest, with each passing delay I get more excited for what Miura has in store for us. This really is a turning point in the story and we'll finally see what Griffith's dream kingdom is once it's realized. It can go in so many directions.

Will he already be King? Will Rickert be walking into a wedding between him and Charlotte? Will that dome have any significance? Will there be discontent or fear among the subjects of the kingdom or will they worship him? Will we see any God Hand members in one form or another? And lastly will we get a hint as to what Griffith's next move is. He finally has his own Kingdom, so what does he do with it?

I'm sure we'll only get one or two of these, plus things we haven't even considered. Looking forward.

jackson_hurley said:
Sad but I'm getting use to it. The results will just be crazy anyway...

So am I actually. I'm starting to think Miura is just taking a year out to relax before pushing new boundaries.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
JezzaX said:
So am I actually. I'm starting to think Miura is just taking a year out to relax before pushing new boundaries.

Either that or he is working his ass as hell to deliver a whole bunch of great epic episodes. Who knows?

Deci

I liked the (joking) notion that he met a woman. :carcus: Imagine how it could possibly add some different angles to Casca regaining her consciousness, and restoring some semblance of a relationship with Guts. God knows he could use some lovin'. Then there's Farnese's secret little crush on him. :farnese:

I like my idea of him killing a bear using only his teeth. It will only enhance the struggle that Guts faces when dealing with the God Hand. :troll:

The speculation is fun, but none of us knows anything. I'm sure somebody hit on it somewhere. :iva:

Honestly, I'm mostly interested in learning about the Skullknight's past and his history with the Godhand than with seeing Falconia. I'm pretty much 100% certain that Gaiseric is the skullknight so I really want to know what events went down that caused his fall because I don't think the story Charlottte told is accurate on what kind of person Gaiseric was. Because assuming he is the skullknight he is very noble and helpful from what I've seen so far. Anyways, I think Miura is dishing out something really good now which is why this hiatus seems much longer than usual. I hope he pops back up with like 5 full new volumes but that's probably asking for too much haha.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I actually had a dream last night that a new Berserk episode came out. I was on my pc reading it and discussing it... it's finally effecting my subconscious!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
So we're at what 34 weeks as of this week? right? I like records, they always bring something nice at the end.
Since Dec. 28, 2012—33 weeks and 5 days. More relevant, it's been 16 issues of Young Animal since then.

I don't think I need to say this, but there is still no news of when Berserk will return. Of course once something substantial is known, it will be posted here in a new thread saying Berserk is Back.

At some point, it's just going to feel out of place for an episode to be released this year.

Maybe Miura just doesn't like the number 13, and is waiting for 2014 to roll around. I haven't seen that speculated yet. :guts:

So. Long. I can't stand waiting for the next episode to be released. And he was supposed to draw around 80 volumes. Now I don't think he'll ever reach 60.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Calvinos said:
So. Long. I can't stand waiting for the next episode to be released. And he was supposed to draw around 80 volumes. Now I don't think he'll ever reach 60.

No number was ever cited by anyone, and this break isn't indicative of how many more volumes will be published. I get that people can be frustated but let's not start talking nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom