Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Cyrus Jong said:
Guess we can add huffing helium as another one of Wyald's depraved ways to seek enjoyment and excitement.
booth.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hitoshura said:
Wyald gameplay trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CLWaY0QwAY

Wh-what the fuck...? Why would Wyald sound like that? He's big and muscular. This guy sounds like a flea man in Castlevania.

Aazealh said:
Not a fan of his voice at all. I appreciate the Enjoy & Exciting reference though.

Quick question: What is the best translation of Wyald's motto? Everything I've ever read of it sounds like a bad translation.

gameplay looks good but the voice is so off, i wonder what made them choose this voice, i can't imagine anyone reading the series and thinking "this is how Wyald sounds like" in their head.

Speaking of Wyald's motto, I just realized that the chorus is chanting those words in the music in that trailer.

Oh, and I found this new interview recently. According to this interview, all playable characters have been revealed, the game is locked at 30FPS on PS4, no multiplayer, and it's unknown if some of the violent content that was taken out in the Japanese release will be in the Western release. http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/09/26/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-interview-producer-talks-gameplay-frame-rate-violence-and-more/

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Hitoshura said:
Oh, and I found this new interview recently. According to this interview, all playable characters have been revealed, the game is locked at 30FPS on PS4, no multiplayer, and it's unknown if some of the violent content that was taken out in the Japanese release will be in the Western release.

No Skull Knight??? No multiplayer???

QZSdOLZ.png

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Hitoshura said:
all playable characters have been revealed

This is extremely disappointing. I mean, I like that Wyald is in, but why him over *any* of Griffith's lieutenants, or Skull Knight? Not to mention we can see other characters in-game, like Farnese and SK. That's a real shame (and I find it hard to believe, but whatever). At least I got Serpico, I guess.

Also not a fan of Wyald's voice at all.

Walter said:
Wh-what the fuck...? Why would Wyald sound like that? He's big and muscular. This guy sounds like a flea man in Castlevania.
Don't Forget that he was a creepy old man all along, he's supposed to be crazy and perverted; that's how he sounds like imo

Aazealh said:
It's "Enjoy & Exciting". It's how it's literally written in the manga in Japanese, using Katakana.

Weird. I guess something is lost in translation then. I get that it's basically a hedonistic motto, but it just sounds like bad english. 'Enjoyment and Excitement' seems like what he was going for, unless Puella has any insight.

Isn't a flea/higher pitched sounding voice usually associated with sadistic/insane characters? Regardless of size and muscle that does seem to be the go to voice in Japan when concerning these types. That being said it does feel like the voice should be deeper but what is there already is not terrible.

Top Bottom