Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Honestly, I think the lions' share of the game will be Golden Age content. There will be Black Swordsman and Millennium Falcon content no doubt, but it likely will not be as much.

Reason being: They may be withholding such content for the sequel.

Also, it will be interesting to see what the "ending" will be. Quite possible that the last stage in mostly an entirely different scenario that has Guts fighting Griffith or something.

yeah that's how these musou games usually are, even though they have plenty of content they'll cut it short so they can make a sequel. 2nd game is probably gonna have all the boss fights that they will cut, and some fantasia content. I wouldn't mind this either, another berserk game and more exposure to the series, I'm a happy camper.

D

Dragon Warrior

The combat looks SICK!

I played lot of KOEI games, but BERSERK looks really different than them, if you compare this swinging to other KOEI games, you will see it has better weight swinging

I really like the combat tbh, not to mention how Guts has blood + sweating in his face. So far KOEI did great job about that the graphics and the combat.
Even Guts's design looks very very close to his manga appearance.

Wish new anime appearance was like this...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Here's some gameplay: https://youtu.be/kBO6sn7W2xo

The swinging doesn't have quite the sense of weight I expected.

Well it's a Musou game, so that was kind of a given unfortunately. Remember that he's got to kill thousands and thousands of enemies in each stage.

D

Dragon Warrior

Is it me or the colors/screen looks a bit dark in this game.

And I just noticed they took this stance
ZJPCLcu.jpg

From this
latest

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MiyamotoPuck said:
Only PS4, PS3 and PS Vita ? This trailer doesn't mention PC.

The game will come out on PS3, PS4 and PSVita in Japan. In the rest of the world, it'll come out on PS4, PSVita and PC (via Steam).

D

Dragon Warrior

Btw, the cape movement in that gameplay looks awful, It's look like it's made from cardboard, It needs much improvement and work. Sometimes it even barely moving.

I hope they make better cape movement like Dark Souls
Ehy0dz.gif

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That video was ... not great. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but it just looks like a re-skinned Dynasty Warriors game. That could have been any random Chinese warlord performing those moves. It didn't feel like Guts at all.

D

Dragon Warrior

Well, since it's a Musou game, shouldn't be surprised it will be like that tho.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon Warrior said:
Well, since it's a Musou game, shouldn't be surprised it will be like that tho.
Walter said:
I know I shouldn't be surprised

Yeah, I covered that in my reply. But my point is, this doesn't look like they undertook much effort at all to make the moves look and feel like something Guts would do. And if the moves don't feel like Guts' own, then it may as well be anyone. In which case, it may as well not be Berserk.

D

Dragon Warrior

I understand what's you're trying to say. But I guess saying ''It may as well not be Berserk'' is a bit too far.
I remember ''Platinum Games'' was about to make a BERSERK game. I'm pretty sure they would have made better one, not sure why they didn't make it.

Also, there is another thing I didn't like about this video.
In the first gameplay trailer. The graphics were more realistic. Much better CG looking. Not to mention Guts has an eye flash light during his Musou attack just like the manga
berserk_guts_by_dragonwarrior_h-da7g0j5.jpg

While in this gameplay... you can even see the cell shading and steady framerate which means the graphics is less realistic.
AKmJnfo.png

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon Warrior said:
I remember ''Platinum Games'' was about to make a BERSERK game. I'm pretty sure they would have made better one, not sure why they didn't make it

I believe you're misremembering things. A year ago, a Platinum Games director said on Twitter that he'd like to make a Berserk game. That's different from announcing intent to develop one.

And from what we know from interviews, this Musou game has been in development for about 2 years.

Dragon Warrior said:
Also, there is another thing I didn't like about this video.
In the first gameplay trailer. The graphics were more realistic. Much better CG looking. Not to mention Guts has an eye flash light during his Musou attack just like the manga

While in this gameplay... you can even see the cell shading and steady framerate which means the graphics is less realistic.

Maybe the first video was the PS4/Steam version, and this is the PS3 one. The first trailer also had dismemberment, more blood, some particle effects on the special attack, and Guts' model looked better in general.

I dunno, I'm with Walter here, I remember seeing some One Piece Musou videos and it looked pretty cool and different, this just looks like a really low effort reskin. But it's too early to tell, I guess. Some of those screenshots looked nice...

I think this was apparent in both trailers, but the Dragonslayer felt quite... Dull (in the sense of it's sharpness) if I am to be honest. When you're hitting hordes of trolls you don't feel like you're cutting them but rather beating them with a big club. Yeah you can dismember them after sufficient damage has been done or use a charge attack to do the same but that does not really help anything either. However I guess I need to just grit my teeth, as killing everything considered fodder with one blow would kinda mess with the balancing I guess.

Also, I hope there are more than just one of those cinematic attacks for each character. As seeing that one face over & over will probably get boring if you plan on using it frequently.

D

Dragon Warrior

Eluvei said:
Maybe the first video was the PS4/Steam version, and this is the PS3 one. The first trailer also had dismemberment, more blood, some particle effects on the special attack, and Guts' model looked better in general.

I dunno, I'm with Walter here, I remember seeing some One Piece Musou videos and it looked pretty cool and different, this just looks like a really low effort reskin. But it's too early to tell, I guess. Some of those screenshots looked nice...
I thought about that too this could be the PS3 graphics, but not really sure about it. I hope it is and the PS4 graphics we get that Guts's eye flash light. And bettter cape movement. Better graphics in general. Even Guts's design in the first trailer was better.

EDIT:
I can see i this screenshot you can cut the enemies into pieces. Could this be only on PS4 or did they just edit it in the screenshot
http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Berserk-9-1.jpg

Koei has shown demos in the past that look nicer than the finished product (that or they were cutscenes). They also don't normally like depicting dismemberment from the musou games I've played. Maybe this game will change that.

I would also bet that each character has a single cinematic special attack.

Though the gamplay footage didn't seem to display a full moveset for Guts. He should have at least twice as much as what was shown.

I wouldn't be surprised to find old band of the Hawk and new, plus some of Guts's party. I'd be excited if Ganishka, the Count, and Silat were included too as PCs. I'd be incredibly surprised if the God Hand were in this outside of cut scenes.

D

Dragon Warrior

I guess they will show the god hand cut scenes.

Also, the gameplay they showed is actually for PS4. And the first trailer they used better CGI just for the freaking trailer... This is looks like another disappointed thing for Berserk just like how we all got disappointed in the new anime 2016.
In the first trailer of the anime 2016 they used better CGI animation, and here it's exactly the same scenario...

I'm honestly mostly disappointed with the graphics in the last trailer they showed, they even added those cell shading which made it even worse..

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm honestly curious how you went from this opinion:

Dragon Warrior said:
The combat looks SICK!

I played lot of KOEI games, but BERSERK looks really different than them, if you compare this swinging to other KOEI games, you will see it has better weight swinging

I really like the combat tbh, not to mention how Guts has blood + sweating in his face. So far KOEI did great job about that the graphics and the combat. Even Guts's design looks very very close to his manga appearance.

Wish new anime appearance was like this...

To this:
Dragon Warrior said:
This is looks like another disappointed thing for Berserk just like how we all got disappointed in the new anime 2016.
In the first trailer of the anime 2016 they used better CGI animation, and here it's exactly the same scenario...

I'm honestly mostly disappointed with the graphics in the last trailer they showed, they even added those cell shading which made it even worse..

In a little more than 1 day.

D

Dragon Warrior

I like the combat. Blood and the sweating in his face, and KOEI so far didn't do these stuff before yes I still agree with this

But... I didn't realize these shading, because they were not so clear. I like Guts's design, much better than the anime.
But these shading are pointless to add, the graphics are still cool but using better CGI for a gameplay ''Trailer'' is just stupid to me.
It's like using these just to attract the audience

Try to understand what i'm trying to say Walter.

Top Bottom