Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Pffffff! Lame.

This thing turned sour pretty fast. I guess I'm not totally dissing it since there might be some good looking stuff from the rest of the roster.

Hitoshura said:
Griffith gameplay video. :griffnotevil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTtuQSI10I4

I actually like this one better, the very concept is so absurd and uncharacteristic that I don't expect any kind of faithfulness to the source material. Now they can show the Puck gameplay video, I'm ready for it.

D

Dragon Warrior

Since it's a MUSOU game all characters will be like Guts now..which means (100 men slayer).. :ganishka:

I wish they make the enemies at least less than Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi. or any other KOEI game.
I expected to see Griffith as a ''fast'' character tho. At least he has that stance from the manga. :griffnotevil:

I'm still annoyed with these cel shading they added, but I guess I will just get over it with the time..
Even tho, the PS2 and dreamcast game they tried to do the graphics realistic as much as they could since it's a videogame without adding any cel shading. And the cape movement is still weird.

Well, i'm still getting this game anyway since I like Musou games and I have always been waiting for so long to have a Berserk game. Been playing Dark Souls a lot cosplaying as Guts just to imagine myself playing Berserk. :sad:

I'm also worried about the boss fights in this game, i mean if they are gonna make boss fight so easy this is really not fun. They should make boss fight kinda challenging, and makes us at least struggle like how Guts struggles when he fights apostles.
They should also add counter, finisher attack (not musou attack).
Like the PS2. The PS2 games the boss fights were the most enjoyable in the whole game imo.
I won't put my hopes high on KOEI after all especially they didn't have lot of games having boss fights.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Hitoshura said:
Griffith gameplay video. :griffnotevil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTtuQSI10I4

Nice! Griffith's gameplay looks awesome :ubik: Looks like his rebirthed body gets a huge speed upgrade too.

Now I'm curious how Casca's fighting style will play out. I can see it being close to Griffith's fighting style, but something more acrobatic.

I liked the trailer for Guts, although i would have like more heaviness behind his strikes with the Dragonslayer. Generally I'm happy with how things have been going with this game as my expectations were set for Musou standards anyways.

I'm very interested in seeing what other stages we will be getting.

Pretty standard Koei gameplay, so it's not unexpected.

As with prior Koei games, the main appeal will be playing as certain characters other than the main one, the cutscenes, and the fanservicey banter between characters that would otherwise never interact in the main series. Maps might be interesting though I don't think there will be that much of an improvement from the PS3 era ones.

I hope there is at least one comic relief character to play as such as Puck.

D

Dragon Warrior

So, KOEI decided to name this game in the English version as BERSERK & The Band of The Hawk
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01JOC00EK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470867565&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=berserk+ps4&dpPl=1&dpID=41LDbktPv1L&ref=plSrch#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1470867788256

The LINK doesnt work for me on PC but it works on my phone, not sure why :???:

Anyway if u guys can't view it, here's what it says.
Description
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk fuses the signature 'one versus thousands' style action of the long running Warriors franchise with the grim and gruesome atmosphere of the world of Berserk. As players harness the power of Guts' Great Sword and utilise the swift and agile swordplay of Griffith to slash and smash through hordes of enemies, players familiar with the Warriors series will be able to feel the difference in gameplay through the way each character handles combat. The game will also incorporate various battle mechanics to better bring the world of Berserk to life, such as Magic and Transformations.

Features

Experience the popular Golden Age arc, telling the story of The Band of the Hawk and the fateful meeting between Guts and Griffith.

Feel the weight of your weapon, from the heavy yet powerful Great Sword as Guts or the swift yet deadly swordplay of Griffith.

Take control of not only the powerful swordplay, but the power of Magic as you take on enemies using unique and devastating spells.

Play as not only the Band of the Hawk, but non-human characters such as the deadly Apostles, with each offering their own gameplay styles to enjoy.

Fight for survival in the all new Eclipse Mode. Endless swarms of enemies will appear which can be killed for points, allowing players to compete for the highest score.

D

Dragon Warrior

They kinda made the game only about Band of The Hawk which means it's looks like it only talk about the golden age while the game contains almost the whole manga story
I also don't see it fitting to name it ''BERSERK and The Band of The Hawk''. I feel like the ''AND'' is no need to be added. At least make it Berserk:Band of The Hawk.

Even tho, I wanted the title to be something badass like The dreamcast game, ''Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage''
Maybe if they made this similar to the Dramcast game something like ''BERSERK:Guts Vengeance''. It would have been better :guts:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
God, what a shit name. I assume it's because most people are only familiar with the Golden Age. I mean, I guess it's true that the Band of the Falcon exists for most of the story between the two iterations, but there's also a chunk where it doesn't (wonder if Lost Children will get the axe here too...).

Walter said:
That description mentions playable apostles -- plural. :daiba:

Gimme me the mighty five! :beast:

They should have called it Sword Wind, since it's the massive air flow produced by the attacks that really works against the hordes in this franchise. What a missed opportunity. :troll:

h1EVY3k.gif

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I actually would have appreciated Sword Wind. I am, however, surprised they didn't just lazily rehash their naming scheme and call it Berserk Warriors or Dynasty Warriors: Berserk.

If anything, it suggests that the game will indeed have a primary focus on the Golden Age arc.

Now that they are advertising apostles and suggesting there's more beyond Zodd, I'm kinda hoping the game includes Wyald. He's more humanoid, can wield a weapon, and his story sequence is very musou-friendly. At least seems more likely than a playable snail count or any of the other tentacled freaks.

Also with a focus on the Band of the Hawk, it would seem that we might actually get all of the significant names as playable characters, including Rickert, Pippin, and Corkus/Carcas

Eluvei said:
They should have called it Sword Wind, since it's the massive air flow produced by the attacks that really works against the hordes in this franchise. What a missed opportunity. :troll:

h1EVY3k.gif

Well to be fair, Guts has utilised air pressure before :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi said:
I am, however, surprised they didn't just lazily rehash their naming scheme and call it Berserk Warriors or Dynasty Warriors: Berserk.

That would have been vastly preferable to what they went with.

False

May you find your worth in the waking world.
Man, that title... :ganishka:

Gameplay looks like typical Koei, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy my time with it.

D

Dragon Warrior

I'm ''kinda' surprised they didn't make the soundtracks as rock type of soundtracks like Dynasty Warriors (thank god)
Most of KOEI games soundtracks are almost exactly like DW soundtracks.
Just few games don't have this type such as, Samurai Warriors,Legend of Troy and One Piece. Not sure if there are other games like that too.

This berserk game soundtracks type are different than DW. They made the soundtracks kind of ''Medievalish/Knights''which is better imo.

I really REALLY wish they add a Susumu Hirasawa song in the opening. In each Berserk game/anime we need at least one song made by Susumu.

I also hope one of the songs that Susumu Hirasawa will be released in his upcoming album will be for this game at least.

Top Bottom