Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi said:
I mean, I'm not mad about it, but it's going to be too fucking weird.

Do you think he'll take damage from those little guys' swords and spears? If I stood there motionless, would the trolls beat Femto down into submission?

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
Walter said:
If I stood there motionless, would the trolls beat Femto down into submission?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm definitely going to spend a few missions doing exactly that.

Well if they're going to let us play Femto himself, Lore-destruction is not a concern and there's really no limits to who they're going to pull out as well now. Those old posts about playing Void aren't that unlikely any more.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Walter said:
Do you think he'll take damage from those little guys' swords and spears? If I stood there motionless, would the trolls beat Femto down into submission?

:ganishka: Fair enough. It is really ridiculous.

Squiddot said:
Well if they're going to let us play Femto himself, Lore-destruction is not a concern and there's really no limits to who they're going to pull out as well now. Those old posts about playing Void aren't that unlikely any more.

For some reason Femto doesn't bother me nearly as much as just the idea of Void being playable. Some things are just too sacred, I guess :femto: The God Hand really should just be left out of this. Griffith should have just not had a transformation (I assume this is what this is).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi said:
For some reason Femto doesn't bother me nearly as much as just the idea of Void being playable. Something are just too sacred, I guess :femto: The God Hand really should just be left out of this. Griffith should have just not had a transformation (I assume this is what this is).

Yeah, it's definitely his transformation. It seems like every character is going to get one, though some make more sense than others. With Guts and the apostles, it's simple. And I'd guess Serpico's will be him unleashing Sylph's Sword, and Schierke will probably be possessed by the Lady of the Depths or a similar elemental spirit, but I have no idea what they'll do for Casca and Judo.

I wonder why Casca had long hair in what is supposed to be Eclipse ... and even more important - why Griffith is talking to Guts. It's weird that even in stupid game they will change things.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
VladimirPutin said:
I wonder why Casca had long hair in what is supposed to be Eclipse ... and even more important - why Griffith is talking to Guts. It's weird that even in stupid game they will change things.

That along with Guts in his Berserk Armor mowing through apostles with the Dragon Slayer... I had the same thought, but it's a tutorial section, so it's probably a dream sequence or something. That's the only thing that makes sense to me, anyway.

Because i think that was not the story mode. They said before they will add a mode called "the Eclipse" mode. So that why. I dont think they will add long haired Casca all of sudden in the story since the Eclipse since the first trailer we got they showed us shorted hair Casca in the Eclipse moment.

Hitoshura said:
IWsoqXo.jpg

I straight up laughed when I saw this. Really wish they didn't though I can't say I'm surprised.

I've never played any of their other games. Can someone tell me if modding on the PC version is possible? I feel like a few good mods could really help this game out, at least perhaps in terms of the combat system.

Keep in mind all Musou games have a Free Mode where you can swap characters in different scenarios, it could also be that.

Playing as Femto is ridiculous in the good way. :femto: Silly sure, but sounds fun.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
DraceYun said:
Keep in mind all Musou games have a Free Mode where you can swap characters in different scenarios, it could also be that.

Playing as Femto is ridiculous in the good way. :femto: Silly sure, but sounds fun.

Well we already know Guts and Zodd make the perfect team. Maybe Guts and Femto can put their differences aside to kill the army of trolls threatening local villages :ganishka:

That's it, this was the reveal that made my hype go from 8/10 to officially 10/10, Femto...wow, they really went there. Offically hhhhhhyyyyyyyppppppeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

And not all characters have an actual "transformation" with different movesets. If they don't have an actual physical transformation, as we saw with the recent Guts gameplay, attacks will just be slightly altered by speed or some extra effects, but nothing as crazy as Griffith > Femto.

This confirms that the Skull Knight will be playable, guaranteed. I just wonder if they're going him horseback riding 100% of the time (which they should), and if they do, it can get sloppy because horseback riding on Dynasty Warrior games can feel wonky as hell. This would definitely make one of the coolest characters in the series play pretty bad, hopefully they'll figure it out.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Femto isn't invincible, just for game's mechanics and balance sake. However, it would be pretty cool if he was invulnerable during his transformation, that'd be pretty broken tho...

I'm curious, would you guys have preferred Femto being in the game? Obviously, this game isn't going to be following the source material super closely lmao, but I actually prefer it this way. I want them to make as many characters playable as possible, even if it doesn't even make sense. I really like Femto's inclusion because you know he's going to be top tier and you're literally going to feel like a God after you've leveled Griffith up a bunch, to the point that you can stay in Femto form for a long time. I really hope they make his moveset memorable.

I can't wait to see Aazealh's reaction to this lmao! I'm betting on, total disgust, with a mix of "oh sure why not", if you're not going to follow the source material this closely, might as well go all out.

ps. HYPE!

A new update from The Official Game Site.

If I understood correctly, a "new" system mode is available... something like "The Eclipse Mode" (which reminds me of those "God of War Challenges).

According to it, it seems to be possible to team up with your best "ally" (or enemy) in order to slay thousands of enemies.

(So, does it confirm Isidro and Skull Knight as playable characters?)

submode1_1.jpg

submode1_2.jpg

submode1_3.jpg

submode1_4.jpg

submode1_5.jpg

Man.... :zodd: + :SK: will be the best team.

Plenty of fun for Berserk fans!!!

*EDIT*

action4_5.jpg

action4_6.jpg

action4_7.jpg

Based on these screenshots, I believe that Griffith's "transformation" will be like ultra fast, maybe just for a few seconds, considering there is no battle (no battle at all). Summoning Femto will be a fresh another (new) way to define the term "instantaneous annihilation".

:daiba:

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Thanks for these pictures! :badbone: :isidro:

Love seeing those tigers. Didn't expect to see them at all.

Jemuller said:
According to it, it seems to be possible to team up with your best "ally" (or enemy) in order to slay thousands of enemies.

I hope the stages have an infinite amount of time, but the enemies become exponentially harder as your kill count increases and your rewards are of higher quality until you end up dying.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TryThisOne said:
Great,
now I expect to play also Ganishka-Shiva and Sea God :ubik:

How about :idea: as a playable character too? It could roll around the battlefield like a bleeding water balloon, whipping soldiers with its appendages. Super move: use Causality to make everyone kill themselves.

TryThisOne

Don't abandon what you can't replace
Walter said:
How about :idea: as a playable character too? It could roll around the battlefield like a bleeding water balloon, whipping soldiers with its appendages. Super move: use Causality to make everyone kill themselves.

Buahahahah, that would be fuckin awesome Walter! :ganishka:

Of course we should not forget also another 'big' character (that I believe(maybe) soon or later will be announced):

Ta-daaaa

images

and if I'm not wrong we have also combos :beast:

How insane would be Flora and Zoddo vs the Holy Chain knights? :magni:

residentgrigo

Excitement and Enjoyment!
Here is the game´s TGS stand.
kimg2934.jpg

I also read somewhere that the international version will have differences. I expect the inclusion of actual gore, as even a Cero Z rating (the game is a D) would make that nearly impossible. A D rating also rules out any proper nudity and the current promo material confirm the absence of both. (The Japanese ratings board got infamously strict around the new millennium.)

Top Bottom