Berserk PS2 Game Trailer

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Re: Berserk PS2 Trailer

asmer said:
I don't think Gaelic is a latin language at all!? :-\ But anyway, I was just thinking that whatever language it is, I think finding lyrics in latin that fits BERSERK may be pretty impossible, since it's a "dead" language, so there are a lot of today's words that are probably un-translatable...
"dead languaje" does not neceseraly mean that there is no record of it... just not spoken for.  There is however Dictonaries from the languaje.  And I am quite positive their are a few that still can speak it. 

For the lyrics of this song... in Latin??? I find that quite odd in my opinion. 
remember... most of the worlds extensive and multiple languajes comes from Latin... So there is always going to be resemblance in words and accents

xechnao said:
Can you say with different words what you mean here?

Latin="dead" language (right?) -> limited vocabulary -> BERSERK related lyrics seems hard to me to translate in this language...

And even if it's true this language is still used, in traditional churches for example to serve the mass, and even if you got latin dictionaries, I still find it hard to find the adequate vocabulary for a song about... BERSERK... :-\

asmer said:
Latin="dead" language (right?) -> limited vocabulary -> BERSERK related lyrics seems hard to me to translate in this language...

And even if it's true this language is still used, in traditional churches for example to serve the mass, and even if you got latin dictionaries, I still find it hard to find the adequate vocabulary for a song about... BERSERK... :-\

Latin is not a mystery or a secret today at all...same with ancient greek

How is it that this topic is still focusing on the music?

Lets change the pace. Where do you think the game will end? Maybe the arrival at Virtanis, or the departure to Elfhelm?

lbrown726

God-Emperor of the llamas!

Not much to add here, but I just wanted to say that the game looks really damn cool and I'll have to find out more about this PS2 mod thing.

If a second anime season ever does happen, maybe they can use this game's animation.

PS: Don't care what language the music is in, it's just great.

Well, we know there's got to be something fairly big coming up in the storyline since the game is covering the same ground.

-Maybe they make it to the Elf King (The Magician character?) and he restores Caska's memory.

I find it a little bit unlikely though, unless there's something really big and important in his way. We've got Zodd and Grunbeld in the game, and while I doubt we'll see Zodd as an end boss, we might see Guts take on Grunbeld as a final boss sort of character. I just find it unlikely that Grunbeld would be in Elfheim.

It's actually sort of puzzling to me, since there are a lot of threads to the storyline right now and it's not terribly easy to compress that all into a game. The only sort of tie-up development I can think of now is having Guts' band join with Ganishka, but that's absurd and not narratively satisfying as an ending. Hmm.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Seriously guys, you have to consider the fact that the game will focus on the last chapter, not jumping in the future to have Guts' band reaching Elfhelm before they even find a boat in the manga...

I'm still thinking the end boss will be Grunbeld in his apostle-form, fighting against Guts in the Berserk armor, it's a cool ending and it's logical.

Of course, there might be some added inedite events after that, like meeting the mysterious wizard kid, but it wouldn't make much sense imho, Guts is supposed to be badly wounded after his fight with Grunbeld, and we see the kid in a snowy background, it doesn't really go along with the woods and/or seashore.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask

Great trailer!! The song is mostly in japanese, as far as I can ascertain, but it wouldn't be surprising if a few lyrics were in a foreign language, they tend to do that a lot...

nir085

Horse and Armor

Trailer 1 - That was exactly like the game intro. available on the same site, except for the music, which was just plain hilarious. It gave me a mental picture of apes singing.

Trailer 2 - Gurunberd, eh. I guess they could have done worse. Guts fighting Griffith...? It's understandable to add extra battles to augment relatively short manga scenes, but that's still a pretty bad idea because they're basically telling those who haven't read volume 22 that Guts and Griffith can go head to head without one permanently messing up the other. If that world-famous song in the latter half is the opening song (and not just the trailer song), I can't wait to hear the ending song. Zodd's voice is a little bit silly, he sounds like some crazy old man. Everyone looks awesome, though.

Trailer 3 - Did I just rewatch trailer 2? And who is "Susume Hirasawa"?

Trailer 4 - The mysterious kid on the hill of swords! That makes things even more interesting...maybe he'll act as a substitute for what happened to Guts and Caska after the Hill of Swords in the Dreamcast game? I'm no translator, but isn't he saying "koi" which means love in japanese?

Trailer 5 - Love the remix. Haha, Slann. I wonder how explicit they're going to let that scene become...

Trailer 6 - I couldn't see half the characters who Guts was fighting in the trailer. Anyone know who those snow monsters are?

Gametrailers.com made an error when they said "japan trailer" right because that isn't the Berserk kanji? (Just checking.)

Sheesh, I'm using university bandwidth and it still took more than an hour to download all 6 of them.

Anyone know who those snow monsters are?
Have you even read the manga?  Next you're gonna ask when did Guts choke out Caska like that.  The snow creatures are in the same area of that part of the manga (sorry a little harsh, I know, I apologize).

And who is "Susume Hirasawa"?
Hirasawa is the composer of the music that you're loving in the trailer.  He is also responsible for the DC game soundtrack and the anime soundtrack.

Zodd's voice is a little bit silly, he sounds like some crazy old man.
Zodd's voice sounds like that in the japanese version of the anime.  I agree, it sucks.  The english VA for Zodd was better and more intimidating.

Haha, Slann. I wonder how explicit they're going to let that scene become...
Sammy is doing another game called Darkwatch which will feature a shot of full frontal nudity and a sex scene.  They are pushing the M rating as far as it can go without making AO.  So it wouldn't surprise me with what they can get away with in Berserk.

nir085

Horse and Armor

dwarfkicker said:
Have you even read the manga?  Next you're gonna ask when did Guts choke out Caska like that.  The snow creatures are in the same area of that part of the manga (sorry a little harsh, I know, I apologize).
If you read my entire comment for that particular trailer:
"Trailer 6 - I couldn't see half the characters who Guts was fighting in the trailer. Anyone know who those snow monsters are?"

Read the first line, then read the second line.

(In other words, the quality of all their trailers are pathetic, especially the fight scenes. Not that this is any revelation, I just felt like another negative comment on that issue was necessary).

Hirasawa is the composer of the music that you're loving in the trailer.  He is also responsible for the DC game soundtrack and the anime soundtrack.
Hirasawa, yes, but Hirasawa Susumu. "Hirasawa Susume" does not exist.
I was commenting on the bangup job they did in translating...and/or transcribing.

EDIT: They did screw up translating a lot of names in the trailers; I know. Hirasawa "Susume" was the one in that trailer and also one of the most prominent examples of translation error, as not only is he a reputable artist who composed all the non-ps2 BERSERK music, but it's not like it's a controversial name like "Guts/Gatsu/Guttttsszz" or Kyasuka/Caska/Casca (etc.)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

nir085 said:
The mysterious kid on the hill of swords! That makes things even more interesting...maybe he'll act as a substitute for what happened to Guts and Casca after the Hill of Swords in the Dreamcast game? I'm no translator, but isn't he saying "koi" which means love in japanese?

We just see him in a snowy place, which isn't exclusive to the Hill of Swords... And I doubt that love is what interests him anyway.

nir085 said:
Gametrailers.com made an error when they said "japan trailer" right because that isn't the Berserk kanji? (Just checking.)

They're Korean trailers by YBM, Sammy didn't release anything, but gametrailers didn't rename them, they probably just took them off some Japanese game site.

dwarfkicker said:
Zodd's voice sounds like that in the japanese version of the anime. I agree, it sucks. The english VA for Zodd was better and more intimidating.

No, Zodd's voice in Japanese is good, and way better than the pathetic English version. I hope this reply makes you guys think about being less absolute when you give your opinions.

nir085 said:
(In other words, the quality of all their trailers are pathetic, especially the fight scenes. Not that this is any revelation, I just felt like another negative comment on that issue was necessary).

If you took the fucking time to read previous posts, and why not even threads located in the appropriate sections of that BBS, you'd know I posted better quality videos 3 days ago...

Most of these characters and fights are inedite anyway, there's even a boss called Undead, that's using the same kind of weapon Azan fights with (you can see Guts cutting both his arms).

nir085 said:
it's not like it's a controversial name like "Guts/Guts/Guttttsszz" or Kyasuka/Casca/Casca (etc.)

They're only controversial to people at thehawks.org as far as I know...

dwarfkicker said:
They screwed up translating a lot of names in those trailers.

The names are screwed up in the game itself, Gurunberd as well as Ogle and Gorem...

I thought he was saying "gui" (Chinese for "ghosts"). You can imagine how confused I was at them using Chinese dialogue, heh.

Also, anyone else notice that he is fighting the snow monster/golems while he is wearing the Berserker armor? I'm not sure if they just threw in an extra fight in there or if it's a preview of sorts of something that will happen soon in the manga.

I also prefer the English Zodd VA, he's like a 30 foot minotaur, it's important to me that he sounds like one.

On the note about Zodd,
I forget which # trailer, but isn't it wild that Guts pulls the whole "blow off your skull through your mouth with my arm cannon" move on Zodd? I'd really love to see what happens to Zodd if he loses a more critical body part than an arm. I doubt they allow you to chunkify Zodd like other creatures though.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

anybody knows the release date?

edit: just found it out

http://us.yesasia.com/en/artIdxDept.aspx/aid-34065/aname-Sammy/section-games/code-c/version-all

going to order it :D/

E

ELEKTROFUNK

anybody knows whats the difference between the normal version and the deluxe version for the game?

Top Bottom