BERSERK: RECUT (ベルセルク:再切断)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
IncantatioN said:
Oh wow, I love what you did when Griffith's talking. Was this the toughest episode to put together so far?

The hardest episodes were the first and the sixth parts, but I worked on them first, when I was the least experienced. Between the Godot flashback and Griffith's speech in the dark, this was pretty complicated, but I threw them together rather easily compared to reconstructing that Skull Knight scene in the last episode.

What more can I say Griff, your editing is superb especially for part XX. SK looked a lot more creepy in your recut than he did in the trailer. :ubik:

Griffith

If you appreciate my editing tricks, particularly Griffith's soliloquy in the last episode, keep an eye on the new edit of the other half of that scene, featuring the Hawks descending the stairs of the tower after the Apostle attack on the injured Hawks. Speaking of which, I realized halfway through this one it would have been much easier to stick Skull Knight in at the of that Rickert scene, I even had it earmarked for it with the Skully footage from a previous go around. But, then I wouldn't have had the fun of painstakingly editing together an entirely new scene from scratch! Anyway, wouldn't have been nearly as good, and without closure it would have made it seem like Skull Knight was another Apostle coming to eat poor Rickey! :SK:

PART XXII:

BERSERK: RECUT (ベルセルク:再切断) 22
URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBEA09QUmQE

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/JBEA09QUmQE[/flash]​

Almost there, and what better way to celebrate than with a potentially controversial artistic choice...

PART XXIII:

BERSERK: RECUT (ベルセルク:再切断) 23
URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgtZqCxv0s

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/DqgtZqCxv0s[/flash]​

One more left...

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I just realized that when the hand pillar rises up, Casca finally pronounces Griffith's name right. She yells GRIFFITH instead of her usual GRIFSSUUU!

Out of curiosity, why was it that you chose to make your controversial artistic choice? Was it due to Femto's stupid red coloring in the anime?

Griffith

Gobolatula said:
Out of curiosity, why was it that you chose to make your controversial artistic choice? Was it due to Femto's stupid red coloring in the anime?

More like pink. :slan:

And yeah, that's my practical justification, and judging from the covers of volumes 12 and 13, the rest of the coloration is no more accurate either, and I also wanted to differentiate the Eclipse Ceremony from everything else. Also, I just like it and wanted to try it, I feel it makes it closer to the original and less gaudy, I really like the way it made the Eclipse look, particularly in the next part. If I do anything further like this project, don't be surprised if the whole thing is like that.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I would have been willing to frame-by-frame recolor Femto if that was the only problem. Imagine that.

Then again, it would've taken me quite some time.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I was a little surprised when everything changed, but I eventually got used to it. It was kind of funny, early in the project when you showed some scenes in black and white I had no problem with it and even thought it looked great. I suppose I just got used to it being in color again.

Griffith

Okay, I can take a hint, and I did change the rules on you guys at the 11th hour, so I'll post a full color version for the faithful.

Griffith

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUVmdWsYlTM

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/QUVmdWsYlTM[/flash]

And thank you for your diplomacy. :guts:

Scorpio

Well now we have the best of both worlds!

But seriously, I did get used to it. It was just jarring to have it sprung in unannounced. At any rate, keep up the good work! Almost there!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I really liked the black and white version. Good work, Griff! My girlfriend and I are eagerly awaiting the final part! :guts:

Rhombaad said:
I really liked the black and white version. Good work, Griff!

Same, I mean either way Slan's still sexy. :slan: You should stick to doing the next part in black and white if that's what you prefer. Can't wait for the finale. :beast:

Griffith

PART XXIV:

BERSERK: RECUT (ベルセルク:再切断) 24
URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dny-uGXPxVM

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/dny-uGXPxVM[/flash]

Spoiler Alert: :judo:

Thank you all.​

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Bravo, Griffith. Great job all the way through.

I gotta admit. The grayscale, for some reason, made everything all the more horrifying.

I loved the
glimpse of The Idea you threw in
, also.

And, holy fuck, did that music piece fit during the end credits. It gave it all so much more weight. Nomad should be happy!

Scorpio

What a way to finish.

I don't want to basically just echo everything that Gobs said, so I'll elaborate on how I loved the transitions between the greyscale and color; it had a lot of punch to it and felt extremely natural. But I will agree completely that the credit music was a stunning addition that fit tremendously well; the weight and emotion is really captured and when the portraits go by it really forces you to reflect.

Anyway, it's been a long journey, and many kudos to you for sticking to it. Can't believe this was started back in September. Congratulations to you, Griff. I appreciated your hard work, as I'm sure we all did.

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
Thank Griffith for all make it. This is just a great work from your. :ubik:

Good, I watch this right now.

Edit: The ending music is really splendid. Your choice is good with Berserk

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Solid ending for an awesome project Griff. I personally loved the black and white adaptation to the Eclipse. Thank you for the hard work and dedication. This project has been reffreshing and dare I say perfect timing for the things to come. Gratitude for putting my song also bud.

Griffith

Thanks for the kind words fellas! :judo:

Gobolatula said:
I gotta admit. The grayscale, for some reason, made everything all the more horrifying.

It's because your blood is shaking at the sight of the true Wings of Darkness! :femto: Speaking of which, I also made decreased the brightness a bit, which I think helped offset the lack of natural black & white contrast. Anyway, I obviously really like it that way, just look at how good Judo looks in the video thumbnail image.

Gobolatula said:
I loved the
glimpse of The Idea you threw in
, also.

I :idea: you too. :slan:

Gobolatula said:
And, holy fuck, did that music piece fit during the end credits. It gave it all so much more weight. Nomad should be happy!

I sure hope so, and it fits so well I didn't even take him up on his offer to compose something new for it, my mind was made up.

Scorpio said:
I don't want to basically just echo everything that Gobs said, so I'll elaborate on how I loved the transitions between the greyscale and color; it had a lot of punch to it and felt extremely natural.

Yeah, I thought it was logical, and something for the color enthusiasts. =)

Scorpio said:
But I will agree completely that the credit music was a stunning addition that fit tremendously well; the weight and emotion is really captured and when the portraits go by it really forces you to reflect.

I'm glad, it definitely fits better than adult contemporary rock. :ganishka:

Scorpio said:
Anyway, it's been a long journey, and many kudos to you for sticking to it. Can't believe this was started back in September. Congratulations to you, Griff. I appreciated your hard work, as I'm sure we all did.

Thanks, this thing was actually started years ago, and the idea was kicking around in my head for years before that, all the way back to the early/mid 00's. And hey, who says the journey is over yet? They're may be a surprise or two yet. :badbone:

Shadow8 said:
Edit: The ending music is really splendid. Your choice is good with Berserk

All credit and special thanks to Nomad for his score, Hill of Swords.

Nomad said:
Solid ending for an awesome project Griff. I personally loved the black and white adaptation to the Eclipse. Thank you for the hard work and dedication. This project has been reffreshing and dare I say perfect timing for the things to come. Gratitude for putting my song also bud.

No problem, thanks for letting me use it!

Bravo :ubik:
Such an excellent conclusion to the series, that my only complaint is that the Idea of Evil's appearance was way too brief. It should've been on screen for at least 1-2 seconds instead of flash of a moment.
Since Recut is over and complete, the only thing that is left to do now is wait just two more weeks til 319.

Thanks for all your hard work Griff, I enjoyed watching each part. The black and white worked nicely for part 24 and Nomads music fit very well with the credits. I also have to mention that I liked the glimpse of the Idea of Evil, that was a nice touch to part 24. Who knows, you could be in for another recut if you know what I mean. :iva:

Griffith

Thanks guys!

BayJumper said:
my only complaint is that the Idea of Evil's appearance was way too brief. It should've been on screen for at least 1-2 seconds instead of flash of a moment.

I considered it, but that would have cut into the Beherits/eye time, plus the flash of the manga image worked nicely right off the bat, and I doubt it would have for an extended period without looking out of place.

slan69 said:
Who knows, you could be in for another recut if you know what I mean. :iva:

I don't, but thanks. :guts:

Top Bottom