Berserk Resumes April 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Have we seen that shot of Guts before...?

We have. It was a color page included with one of the episodes a while back. If I'm not mistaken, it was during the tentacle fight on the Sea Horse. I don't remember the specific episode, though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! Just one more reason we really need Miura to organize additional art books... There's so much uncollected material at this point, it's crazy. :azan:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Thanks! Just one more reason we really need Miura to organize additional art books... There's so much uncollected material at this point, it's crazy. :azan:

You guys should do a like button for posts like this! :schnoz:

But I agree with Walter, we need a new artbook! We can still wish it right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Took a pic of the ad for next issue. Nothing new, but now I can actually read the preview text.

334-preview.jpg

Paraphrase: Rickert has arrived at Falconia. What will he find there?!

It also announces a Berserk/March Lion bookmark coming in that issue. Wonder what art it will have? Hopefully something new.

TheWillOfT said:
is there anything about an colour page :serpico: ?
Thancks

Nope.

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
Paraphrase: Rickert has arrived at Falconia. What will he find there?!

What indeed?! Thanx Walter. Can't wait to see Rickert's face once inside Falconia. This is gonna be priceless, with him being one of my favorite side characters.

Deci

jackson_hurley said:
What indeed?! Thanx Walter. Can't wait to see Rickert's face once inside Falconia. This is gonna be priceless, with him being one of my favorite side characters.

Let's hope he becomes a main character, I could certainly see him taking over for Griffith and the Bank of the Hawk's perspective now that Falconia is a reality. Rickert is easily one of my top favorites, I'm more interested in his and Erica's development than I am everyone outside of the obvious Guts/Casca. Which is weird because I normally loathe children in my stories.

I also hope we see more of Laban and Owen. My hunch is Rickert will continue on with them, though I wouldn't mind him running into Sonia or Mule as well. It seems to fit. I'd also like to see Minister Foss. I almost feel nostalgic, like we're going to maybe get a piece of those Golden Age politics again, except this time Griffith is king. :griffnotevil:

10 more days!

jackson_hurley

Deci said:
Let's hope he becomes a main character, I could certainly see him taking over for Griffith and the Bank of the Hawk's perspective now that Falconia is a reality. Rickert is easily one of my top favorites, I'm more interested in his and Erica's development than I am everyone outside of the obvious Guts/Casca. Which is weird because I normally loathe children in my stories.

I also hope we see more of Laban and Owen. My hunch is Rickert will continue on with them, though I wouldn't mind him running into Sonia or Mule as well. It seems to fit. I'd also like to see Minister Foss. I almost feel nostalgic, like we're going to maybe get a piece of those Golden Age politics again, except this time Griffith is king. :griffnotevil:

10 more days!

yes. A little bit like when we saw the resistance for the first time in Windham and the part with the revelations where we see Raban, always got me excited. So yeah it'd be nice to see Rickert meet Owen and the likes.(I know he's with Raban right now so I didn't mention him)

And now that you mention it, I'd really like him to meet Mule and Sonia. It'd be an interesting meeting imo.

Thancks Walter !! I hope that this episode will be longer then the previous episode
For example the last episode had 18 pages and i would really like to see something like maybe 21-23 page
i am excited for the encounter beetwen Griffith and Rickert, but i still have this big question in my head
What will Rickert do ? On the one hand, he particulary cant hate griffith because he didnt experienced the eclipse by his own eyes, but on the other hand he has in my opinion not the strength and power to travel by his own
Ad i cant image that he will leave Erica by her own at Falconia
But i am really interested in seeing the way miura will show us the thoughts of Rickert in Falconia, because he heard what Griffith has done to the Band of the Haw at the Eclipse
while the citizens are seeing Griffith as their saviour :griffnotevil: etc.
Daamn Man i am so excited

Do you know any sites where i can order the next issue of young animal ?
Thancks

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I could certainly see him taking over for Griffith and the Bank of the Hawk's perspective now that Falconia is a reality.

I don't think the others necessarily need to be removed in terms of perspective. Adding Rickert to the mix certainly provides an interesting context the others don't have, since he knows about the true nature of apostles (and fulfilling a possibility we've been talking about here for almost 3 years). But that doesn't mean Raban, Owen and Foss, or any other characters that rear their heads in Falconia, also wouldn't be valuable.

Which is weird because I normally loathe children in my stories.

That's... a weird thing to say.

I also hope we see more of Laban and Owen. My hunch is Rickert will continue on with them, though I wouldn't mind him running into Sonia or Mule as well. It seems to fit. I'd also like to see Minister Foss.

I get it. Basically, you'd also like to see the rest of the cast. :void:

I almost feel nostalgic, like we're going to maybe get a piece of those Golden Age politics again, except this time Griffith is king. :griffnotevil:

Could be, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have the same kind of court intrigue, given the complete control Griffith must be exerting--blessed by the people as a hero, the princess as a lover, and the pontiff as a savior. He's essentially eliminated political strife. A better question is are there those in Falconia who who don't fall in line (and what are there reasons for not doing so?). It would definitely be neat to see if a downtrodden element of society exists within Falconia.

TheWillOfT said:
Thancks Walter !! I hope that this episode will be longer then the previous episode
For example the last episode had 18 pages and i would really like to see something like maybe 21-23 page

I imagine it will be.

What will Rickert do ? On the one hand, he particulary cant hate griffith because he didnt experienced the eclipse by his own eyes, but on the other hand he has in my opinion not the strength and power to travel by his own Ad i cant image that he will leave Erica by her own at Falconia

Yep. Regardless of his reservations, pretty sure it's going to come down to ensuring Erica's safety.

Do you know any sites where i can order the next issue of young animal ?

I subscribe to it through Kinokuniya books in New York. If you're local to New York City, you can visit there yourself and pick up the latest magazine. Otherwise, a 6-month subscription costs about $180, shipped--and that's the minimum order that they'll fulfill. If you're interested in setting that up, call here (415) 673-7431 and tell them you'd like to subscribe to Young Animal, a magazine published by Hakusensha.

And if you want the next issue, I'd call today and let them know you'd like that subscription to start immediately.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheWillOfT said:

The last episode had 21 pages. The three episodes before that had 24 pages each.

Walter said:
Could be, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have the same kind of court intrigue, given the complete control Griffith must be exerting--blessed by the people as a hero, the princess as a lover, and the pontiff as a savior. He's essentially eliminated political strife.

Beyond that, he has a supernatural grasp over the city that is pretty much insubvertible. It reminds me of Locus' words in episode 291: "This kind of trifle affairs that goes on in this world, it is meaningless already."

I have to thanck you Walter, but i am living in Austria, so it shouldn't work for me unfortunately.
I still will search for an Site from where i can order the issues. I am sure that i will find one :guts:

Btw sorry Aaz, i mistakenly count the double page spreads as only one :magni:

I'm so excited I can't even put it into words! There is a Kinokuniya in Oregon where I live, I'm going to have to find out if they stock YA there. Subscribing is out of my budget so buying issue to issue is my only option right now. :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gummyskull said:
I'm so excited I can't even put it into words! There is a Kinokuniya in Oregon where I live, I'm going to have to find out if they stock YA there. Subscribing is out of my budget so buying issue to issue is my only option right now. :judo:

That's the best option if the store's close to you anyway. That way you only get the issues with Berserk!

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
There's a place somewhat nearby (half hour drive) where I can buy YA, but sometimes when I would drive out to get a copy I cant tell if the issue has sold out or they have simply not arrived to the store yet. Im definitely going to check out the store 3 times next week if I have to. :femto:

Deci

Truder said:
There's a place somewhat nearby (half hour drive) where I can buy YA, but sometimes when I would drive out to get a copy I cant tell if the issue has sold out or they have simply not arrived to the store yet. Im definitely going to check out the store 3 times next week if I have to. :femto:

If they definitely receive the magazine you could probably just reserve a copy that way it'll be waiting for you when you arrive.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
LOicos said:
One episode this friday but after next episode will be in Young Animal #11 (23/05).

I'm guessing a last Falconia episode this week, then a cut to Elfhelm. Makes sense for maximum teasing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
LOicos said:
One episode this friday but after next episode will be in Young Animal #11 (23/05).

Interesting that he seemingly didn't stockpile the episodes. I'm optimistically hoping he's setting a new pace by skipping 2 issues after coming back from a long break.

Aazealh said:
I'm guessing a last Falconia episode this week, then a cut to Elfhelm. Makes sense for maximum teasing.

A narrative break would be consistent, historically.

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
Interesting that he seemingly didn't stockpile the episodes. I'm optimistically hoping he's setting a new pace by skipping 2 issues after coming back from a long break.

You mean like a release every month? or more like 1 every 2 months? i would not mind either option. less stress for the master imo then a release every 2 weeks. Either way, soon it's gonna be Berserk time with an awesome episode.

Aazealh said:

yeah I thought it could go that direction at some point. Makes sense as you say.

oh and I forgot to say thanx for the heads up with the next next release LOIcos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom