Berserk RPG?

kawaiigattschan

Isn't he cuuuuuuuuuute?
I was just kind of thinking what one would do to run a Berserk rpg...

I think the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay tone and rules come closest, especially with the career system. Though some modding would undoubtably be necessary but I think the grittiness would be very appropriate. Thoughts?

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
i've toyed with such ideas before, but everytime when i think about the dragon-slayer, my head starts to hurt

and when i discuss this with my D&D buddies (i know, we're pathetic), we always end up arguing about whether or not if Zodd can kick the crap out of Pit Fiends'

gatt's stat always come into question -- is gatts that strong? sure the dragonslayer and all, but if Wyld has a strength similar to a (let's say stone) giant -- which is i think str of 20, then Gatts would have at the top 18/00 str (highest humanly possible). this guess would've been ok if not for the fact that gatts now can use the dragonslayer like a certain famous hitokiri... :-/

Z

ZKK

I dont think you could make Berserk into a fully fledged RPG.

What I'd like to see, is a Berserk Action/Adventure game with RPG element.

For example, you start off as young Gattsu, the first few levels or area's consist of training and teaching from Gambino about how to preform basic moves etc, and get familar with the game's controls and gameplay.

The you can live the semi-mercinary lifestyle with Gambino's band of mercinaries, but with Gambino initially watching your back in what would have to be real time, action battle scene, with a number of both ally and enemy AI controlled troops.

Then as you get stronger/more skilled (rpg style) the story line progresses to where Gambino is injured. Then the murder of Gambino by Gattsu can be the boss for the first stage of the game, and Gattsu's escape from the other mercinaries the transition to the next stage of the game.

The next stage could be Gattsu roaming around the country side looking for 'work' as a mercinary, with varying/random missions/task, which could be undertaken from either as part of an army in a battle - harder now without help from Gambino etc - or as an individual, eg basic/simple assassination.

Then, once again but character advancement, you come to a boss - Pazu-So, followed by the fight caused by Corkus's robbery attempt, and the self ransom with Griffith which eventually leads you to the join the hawks.

I'm probably rambling now... just repeasting the story line you all know so well / better than me.

But just imagine, the Hawks versus Immortal Knight battle, mapped out as a multiplayer map, players being able to join either side as either main characters (Gattsu, Caska, Adon etc.) or just members of either band, complete with multiple AI bots, in a real time battle.

Or have I gone astray?

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
How about Berserk Gaiden: Griffith's Ambition?

It's a RSLG game like Myth and you play as Griffith and his merry band as they fight their way up to the top (the defeat of the purple-rhino knights)

there can be a special bonus level (the eclipse) in the end where you can control the apostles & creeps and wipe out the white hawks for fun (watch out for that crazy gattsu!)

Gatts-san

"Shit! He saw me!"
I would like a berserk strategy rpg like Shinning Force 3.

It would too good to be true. Shining Force 3 is by far the best strategy RPG... Yes way better than FF Tactics...

However, a Berserk RPG similiar to Zelda's N64 games would be the best in my opinion.

kawaiigattschan

Isn't he cuuuuuuuuuute?
I was more thinking something like a pen and paper RPG. I think AD&D rules are decidedly too heroic. The reason I was thinking Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is that its career system permits the growth that almost mirrors that off the tv series. Plus it could permit an epic enough weapon like the Dragon Slayer without unbalancing play too much
-Kawaiigattschan

Top Bottom