Berserk Saga Project News

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
I know these scenes are all important but I was really feeling that the entire sequence seemed a little ...long. I know that it's important to not rush things but when things are being cut it's more noticable when things seem to drag.

Agreed. They were probably trying to make it more dramatic. But still managed, somehow, to miss the important notes, like Griffith's vacant stare before he kisses Charlotte.
 
This was just ridiculous. If her boobs were that sensitive, how could the poor girl get dresed without falling into ecstacy. And how does it enhance the scene in any way? It's just weird now...
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:
And how does it enhance the scene in any way? It's just weird now...

It enhances the scene in the same way that Griffith's super jump did in movie 1 (and so on and on for every scene). It almost makes me more eager to see movie 3 to look for those ridiculous moments, but I know that in truth it'll just be depressing.

Anyway, it's not just Charlotte's breasts somehow being hypersensitive here, notice how Griffith stumbles into the room past Charlotte like he's just passing through before turning back when she calls him. Why do that? And of course they changed the dialogue in the scene before that... Retrofitting Anna in there was cute but that's little consolation, especially given the context of the scene.
 
That was ridiculous. Worst scene ever. And to think they cut important scenes just to make this one a little longer :mozgus:
I wonder how they'll handle Caska's rape.It was pretty damn long in the manga, and although I know it was to show that Griffith is not human anymore , it was a torture to read.
I hope they won't make it as detailed as in the manga.
 
Aazealh said:
Which was the point.

But yeah, you're probably right to dread its adaptation. Given the treatment every other scene has received...

I did enjoy the 1997s interpretation of the Femto/Casca rape scene for the most part. It seemed classy but still got the job done, to be truthful to the manga, it could do with being a bit more graphic, but I fear they may go a little over-the-top with moaning and all sorts of stuff. That will definitely be one to watch for. :azan:
 
ApostleBob said:
This was just ridiculous. If her boobs were that sensitive, how could the poor girl get dresed without falling into ecstacy. And how does it enhance the scene in any way? It's just weird now...
Maybe he squeezed her nipple really hard :carcus:
 
From the reactions here I expected that scene to be much, much worse. I'm not saying that it wasn't a little odd or gratuitous or unnecessary, but it wasn't THAT bad.

And, well...heck, I'm just going to say it since it seems as if everyone who's commented on it so far seems not to be aware...on some women, yes, breasts can be that sensitive, especially depending on what time of the month it is. Just saying :serpico: Not that it's an excuse for wasting that much screen time of course.

I'd trade gratuitous Charlotte groping for Bonfire of Dreams any day. Heck...there are more than a few scenes I trade that for :serpico:
 
^Yeah and there are cases where it doesnt even have to do with gender like that, some people are just hypersexual or w/e its called, dont know any medicinal term for it.. In other words, some people can get aroused just by randomly getting touched. (Somehow that got me thinking of my avatar xD)

Even though Charlotte certainly seems to fit the desciption, Im pretty sure it doesnt apply here, just fun fact :troll:
 

Death May Die

"That day you left, that's when I knew."
That scene actually reminds me of a pretty messed up story a ex once was telling me, I feel it some what proteins to the princess in my eyes. Not that it'll do that scene any justice with that scenes over acting, but I think it relates a little bit. The girl I was seeing was raised Jehovah's Witness, left the church and the church to this day won't let her family ever talk to her again, the family obliged sadly. But upon dating her she explained that all the women had to dress down, to dismay any lustful thoughts to any male church members, family members, or siblings. Boys and Girls did not even sit next to each other in church. (Women in back if I recall correctly.) She said that one day they had to make do with room, making people sit closer. She sat next to a boy she liked. She said being even that close to him, she lost it. She said anything as simple as accidentally touching hands with him, or any boy her peer would set her off. But sadly most of the time it was for the worst, and in a embarrassing manner her bottom clothes would be soaked. As if she had pissed herself. I couldn't even image such a life style where your so secluded, repressed that when your body going through its natural states, it over reacts by things simply as sitting close to someone.

In relation to the princess, although it maybe over acted, I simply think shes never experienced anything sexual, sensual, or aggressive in terms of pleasure. I don't see sensitive nipples, I simply thinks the mare touch sets her off, as shes been sucluded her whole life. The boy crush for Griffith in there and just about anything is enough to set her off. I'm just saying. I thought people were going over board with the whole sensitive nipples thing. :farnese:
 

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Hanma_Baki said:
I think the most important aspect is that it gives Guts a little teaser/preperation of the ultimate hell soon to come.

This is the crucial point IMO. Yes, there's some awesome character development during the fight which I love, but I really believe that had Guts not had that fight with Wyald, he would not have survived the Eclipse. To go from barely escaping Zodd to being able to take on hundreds of apostles (albeit lesser ones)? No way - this preliminary battle was necessary to truly test his abilities.

Oh, and Charlotte's boob-gasm seemed on par with the Japanese adult videos I've seen. :slan:
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
arrowchild said:
I'm not saying that it wasn't a little odd or gratuitous or unnecessary, but it wasn't THAT bad.

In the context of the general cutting down of material and trimming down of every scene, adding such gratuitous and over the top material when the original scene conveyed what was going on more than effectively makes it pretty bad in my book.

Death May Die said:
In relation to the princess, although it maybe over acted, I simply think shes never experienced anything sexual, sensual, or aggressive in terms of pleasure. I don't see sensitive nipples, I simply thinks the mare touch sets her off, as shes been sucluded her whole life.

You're missing the point.
 
Oh god, that clip... I still can't get over Charlotte's chipmunk voice, I know this is what Japanese like, but this whole boob-grabbing scene was so ridiculous and disturbing, as if he was assaulting a kitten or something :magni:

And poor Wyald... I just can't imagine how will they do that Griffith scene without him... I'm just really hoping that it won't be Silat who says that line, for many reasons (which includes messing up the storyline, his personality, and also, it would just look stupid, Silat jumping and doing his acrobatic stuff and then suddenly pulling out Griffith from a bag or what? :troll:) I hope if they cut out Wyald they will do the scene in a similar way as in the old anime, with some random soldiers.
Or maybe just don't cut out Wyald, or anything else, and everything would be much easier?? Seriously, I still don't get what they benefit from altering the story.

But at least we have Silat animated.
And the CG looks way better. I don't know why do many of you enjoy mocking it... Of course it will probably look weird on a screenshot, because it's supposed to look good in motion. And I think it does.
 
Aazealh said:
In the context of the general cutting down of material and trimming down of every scene, adding such gratuitous and over the top material when the original scene conveyed what was going on more than effectively makes it pretty bad in my book.

I stated pretty clearly that I considered it gratuitous and that I would prefer that they include scenes like Bonefire etc in place of it. However, from dramatic reactions everybody seemed to be having, I honestly expected Charlotte to throw herself onto the floor and have a Meg Ryan When Harry Met Sally orgasm moment :serpico: Quite frankly, I found the reactions that clip was getting here to be more over the top than the clip itself.
 
arrowchild said:
I stated pretty clearly that I considered it gratuitous and that I would prefer that they include scenes like Bonefire etc in place of it. However, from dramatic reactions everybody seemed to be having, I honestly expected Charlotte to throw herself onto the floor and have a Meg Ryan When Harry Met Sally orgasm moment :serpico: Quite frankly, I found the reactions that clip was getting here to be more over the top than the clip itself.
....Seriously? That was more overdone than any animated porn out there.He didn't squeeze her nipples that hard (from I could see he just had his hand on her breast no fondling), but she moaned like he was biting them or something.Besides they clearly changed the scene. The way it was portrayed in the manga or the anime series wasn't nearly as bad as this. I mean Griffith acts like a robot while making love to her, and she's pretty passive.Yes she moans but not just from getting her breasts fondled. I could understand that it's her first time, and that she prolly didn't have any previous contact with a man.But this? It wasn't necessary, and they prolly changed the significance of the whole scene, if it turns out that Griffith isn't acting like a robot like he should, just to make it look like it was consensual.
For us Berserk fans, to deviate from the source material just to appeal to a larger audience isn't something we accept that easily.To delete important scenes like the ones with Wyald, or the Bonfire of dreams and then make some more insignificant scenes longer is unforgivable. Maybe you don't have a problem with that, and that's your right, but for the majority of us it's not something we easily accept.
 

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
arrowchild said:
dramatic reactions everybody seemed to be having [...] I found the reactions that clip was getting here to be more over the top than the clip itself.

We must not have the same definition of "dramatic" or "over the top".

Lukis said:
kinda hated how charlotte was overreacting
pirkaf 2000 said:
LOL at Charlotte, pure comedy
Draculoid said:
Haha oh wow....she has very sensitive breasts no??
Gobolatula said:
Oh dear that scene was silly.
BerserkMJM said:
So what did they have to cut out to make time for Charlotte's oversensitive boobs?
ApostleBob said:
This was just ridiculous.
Devilwoman said:
That was ridiculous.
 
Gill said:
Oh god, that clip... I still can't get over Charlotte's chipmunk voice, I know this is what Japanese like, but this whole boob-grabbing scene was so ridiculous and disturbing, as if he was assaulting a kitten or something :magni:

Devilwoman said:
....Seriously? That was more overdone than any animated porn out there.He didn't squeeze her nipples that hard (from I could see he just had his hand on her breast no fondling), but she moaned like he was biting them or something.

It was as if Charlotte was either suffering from some sort of extreme vitamin deficiency disorder that makes a person's skin become painfully hypersensitive to touch, or all of her body's erogenous nerve endings were concentrated on her breasts :ganishka: :void:

Gill said:
And poor Wyald... I just can't imagine how will they do that Griffith scene without him... I'm just really hoping that it won't be Silat who says that line, for many reasons (which includes messing up the storyline, his personality, and also, it would just look stupid, Silat jumping and doing his acrobatic stuff and then suddenly pulling out Griffith from a bag or what? :troll:) I hope if they cut out Wyald they will do the scene in a similar way as in the old anime, with some random soldiers.

Eliminating and conflating of the characters and their roles is something that has already been done numerous times with this Berserk "project." Just one good example of this would be the making of count Julius the sole guilty party in the anti-Griffith conspiracy, due to Queen and Foss being written out of the movie # 1. Sadly, it looks like the Studio 4°C will repeat this process all over again.

Gill said:
Or maybe just don't cut out Wyald, or anything else, and everything would be much easier?? Seriously, I still don't get what they benefit from altering the story.
Gill said:
But at least we have Silat animated.

Right there, you've answered your own question. When it comes to getting the fans of the original manga to buy their movie adaptation, no matter how bad it keeps turning out to be, that is the main strategy Studio 4°C seems to be putting their hopes on - "At least *insert the name of Berserk character previously omitted from the TV series* is going to be animated."

Gill said:
And the CG looks way better. I don't know why do many of you enjoy mocking it... Of course it will probably look weird on a screenshot, because it's supposed to look good in motion. And I think it does.

As it has been pointed out many times with Berserk films, while CGI backgrounds and non-living objects such as rocks and water may look good, the CGI-made humans, animals and apostles and other living things will come out looking disastrously sloppy and unnatural. Just look at this recent screenshot of CGI Guts



Note how ridiculously narrow his head is in proportion to the rest of his body, it's almost rice grain-shaped. And just like a character from video game, Guts' face itself has that one-dimensional facial expression. Then there's that unnatural way Guts' body is contorting itself, as he's swinging his sword or whatever that it is he's holding in his hand. Screenshot or in motion, this sort of computerized imagery of Guts or any other character is supposed to look good in a video game, perhaps. But in an animated movie of the Berserk's level and scope - it does not, even if they can get it to sing and dance.
 
Devilwoman said:
....Seriously? That was more overdone than any animated porn out there....Maybe you don't have a problem with that, and that's your right, but for the majority of us it's not something we easily accept.

Clearly you haven't watched enough 'animated porn' :serpico:

And, obviously I DO have a problem with that. I have stated repeatedly that I found the scene gratuitous and unnecessary and that I would much prefer it if they had replaced those precious few minutes of screen time with scenes of substance. I, obviously, don't like or approve of the inclusion of that little chunk of fan service as it came at the expense of valuable screen time, so I'm not exactly certain where in any of my posts you gathered that I didn't 'have a problem with that'..?

And, Aazealth...obviously, we must! But that's OK-I love you anyway, man. :guts:
 
So, the US version of Egg of the King was released today, has anyone picked it up to see what the dub is like or if there's anything of interest on the disc?
 
Herbert said:
When it comes to getting the fans of the original manga to buy their movie adaptation, no matter how bad it keeps turning out to be, that is the main strategy Studio 4°C seems to be putting their hopes on - "At least *insert the name of Berserk character previously omitted from the TV series* is going to be animated."
Wyald belongs to the "character previously omitted from the TV series"-group, doesn't he? :???: But following their logic, Wyald does not fit in this cute fantasy story about love, friendship, sparkly elves, hypersensitive boobs, and bloodshed for fun :troll:
Herbert said:
Note how ridiculously narrow his head is in proportion to the rest of his body, it's almost rice grain-shaped. And just like a character from video game, Guts' face itself has that one-dimensional facial expression. Then there's that unnatural way Guts' body is contorting itself, as he's swinging his sword or whatever that it is he's holding in his hand. Screenshot or in motion, this sort of computerized imagery of Guts or any other character is supposed to look good in a video game, perhaps.
I don't think it's that bad, if the 3D model spends like 0.05 minutes on screen while moving rapidly, then you probably can't even notice it's badly done 3D, but it still saved some money for the studio. Of course, during a "slower" scene, like a conversation, it's unaccaptable, like the way they did it in the first movie was horrible. However, I still have no problem with it used in action scenes.
 
Top Bottom