Berserk Saga Project News

Deci

Avatar by supereva01 @ DA
mc ultra said:
Where there is a will there is a way haha. i just need to see the fight between Lord Mozgus and Guts. We all know they should have done it true to the manga like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood but we gotta take what we can get fellas. I know im not the only one who wants to see some animated Black Swordsman action.
At this point I go back and forth with post-Eclipse animation, particularly with this project. At least at this point I still yell, "You gotta read the manga to see what's next!"... On the other hand for personal fanservice I'd like to see them at least attempt to recreate some of my favorite scenes. The Hill of Swords, Flora's house, and Guts & co at Vrittanis for example.

I kinda shudder to think about how studio 4°C would handle stuff like the heretic orgies at Albion or Guts in the Qliphoth with Slan.. :magni:
 
They shouldn't skip the slug count story arc. I know they wanna do demonic fairies and all but I for one would prefer to see the slug count get blasted in his face with a canon first. It always amused me how the apostles are all high and mighty until Guts turns the table on them.
 
I think the existence of this edition was mentioned in this thread at some point before but anyway here is an unboxing video of a limited edition of the first film that was apparently released in Russia I'm a little cheesed we did not get this in North America also it appears to be unless I'm mistaken a DVD/Blu-ray Combo pack another thing I'm pissed we did not get

http://youtu.be/Z21x0nXXq18
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
mc ultra said:
They shouldn't skip the slug count story arc.
It's called the Black Swordsman Arc.

puppet12ca said:
I think the existence of this edition was mentioned in this thread at some point before but anyway here is an unboxing video of a limited edition of the first film that was apparently released in Russia I'm a little cheesed we did not get this in North America
Movies get licensed by a number of companies for release in their respective countries, so of course different countries get different-looking special editions. That being said, this thing is pure novelty. A wood case, from which spills forth random anime cards? That's just fucking bizarre...
 
Walter said:
A wood case, from which spills forth random anime cards? That's just fucking bizarre...
Those calendars/ cards are from the store the uploader of the video purchased the box from, as part of a pre-order bonus. The box originally comes with the first movie BR/ DVD with it's slipcover, booklet, an A1 poster and 1 Berserk postcard.

Dar Klink said:
Sakura Con is in March, Fanime is in May, and Anime Expo is in July. Oh, and San Diego Comic Con is in July as well.
Otakon's during the last weekend of July too and this year they're doing Otakon-Vegas I think.
 

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
IncantatioN said:
Otakon's during the last weekend of July too and this year they're doing Otakon-Vegas I think.
Oh fuck that would be perfect. I'll go, gamble my ass off, get all crunked up, and finally live my dream of cosplaying as Puck. Flesh colored skin suit, fairy wings, and all... First I need to gain back those 50 lbs.
 
Gobolatula said:
Oh fuck that would be perfect. I'll go, gamble my ass off, get all crunked up, and finally live my dream of cosplaying as Puck. Flesh colored skin suit, fairy wings, and all... First I need to gain back those 50 lbs.
Regular, Chestnut or Costume Chestnut(Yoda, Priest, Zupuck ect)?

personally if you can pull it off I think it would be pretty cool
 

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
puppet12ca said:
Regular, Chestnut or Costume Chestnut(Yoda, Priest, Zupuck ect)?

personally if you can pull it off I think it would be pretty cool
I always wanted to pull off a fat drunk version of "normal" puck who hasn't shaved in 3 days. Unfortunately I'm not fat anymore.
 

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
You need to go... deeper. Hone your method. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_acting
Good point. I must live like a fat elf. Then I shall become him.

Anyway, I've been wondering. Is this Berserk movie project the goriest thing Viz has released? I wonder. I bet there's going to be some problems putting out movie 3. Though I could be entirely wrong.
 
Gobolatula said:
Good point. I must live like a fat elf. Then I shall become him.

Anyway, I've been wondering. Is this Berserk movie project the goriest thing Viz has released? I wonder. I bet there's going to be some problems putting out movie 3. Though I could be entirely wrong.
I think Berserk is goriest they are doing. Naoki Urasawa's Monster,was I wouldn't say gory but more bloody than 90% VIZ has done. Since VIZ mostly does ''popular'' anime mostly ,like Naruto and other boring stuff. Berserk might even get new 16+ section for anime. Though manga's ,damn VIZ has some great and even gory stuff like Junji Ito's mangas like Gyo,Tomie,Spiral e.t.c
 
Is there a manga or even comic gorier than Berserk?

Lukis said:
I think Berserk is goriest they are doing. Naoki Urasawa's Monster,was I wouldn't say gory but more bloody than 90% VIZ has done. Since VIZ mostly does ''popular'' anime mostly ,like Naruto and other boring stuff. Berserk might even get new 16+ section for anime. Though manga's ,damn VIZ has some great and even gory stuff like Junji Ito's mangas like Gyo,Tomie,Spiral e.t.c
Subjective
 
Irvine said:
Shigurui for example.
haven't read the manga but saw the anime I remember the gore striking a cord not so much for the content itself but more for how it was presented and focused on
good anime but ended on a cliffhanger
 
Some time ago I was trying to get into Gantz, for the gore and action. Realizing that both were pretty dull I never returned to it.

So yeah, it might be gorier in comparison with Berserk but in Gantz, the action becomes too silly.
 
Johnny Apples said:
At least this is probably the best summary of this Berserk project so far :troll:
I like it better than all those articles praising its greatness. Reminds me of when Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull came out. Gawd, thinking of those reviews still gives me migraines. :schierke:
 
Top Bottom