Berserk Saga Project News

I read today fairly new review of Descent ,and I read an interesting thing in the end, The reviewer said that after credits there were this “This is only the beginning” ,It's not a surprise since there's been a speculation about which arc to cover next etc. But still ,it seems like something is in works.
http://japancinema.net/2013/06/05/berserk-golden-age-arc-iii-descent-review/

Lukis said:
http://japancinema.net/2013/06/05/berserk-golden-age-arc-iii-descent-review/

Seems like just another reviewer that thinks "The CGI is bad, they removed important plot points and characters.. but hey it was still really enjoyable!" One sentence that was interesting though was the one about adding a non-canonical back story to Skull Knight. Is this movie 3's ballroom dance scene that's just complete filler or..? :isidro: My god.. don't tell me this is gonna replace the scene where Charlotte tells the tale of Emperor Gaiseric!

I can see it now.. a condensed thirty second strobe light flash back where it basically tells the viewer that "Yep! he's definitely Skull Knight!" further screwing up how the story of Berserk is told.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maxwell said:
I can see it now.. a condensed thirty second strobe light flash back where it basically tells the viewer that "Yep! he's definitely Skull Knight!" further screwing up how the story of Berserk is told.

That is obviously how it'll be.

Opted for FedEx 1-3 day shipping when I pre-ordered it a while ago. I hope it reaches by Friday cos I used my office address! If delivery's expected on Saturday, I'll have to wait a whole weekend to see the packaging on the following Monday ... GRRRRRRRR~UUUGGGHHH. As a fellow member reminded me ... less than a week guys :guts:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I just noticed my order says "In Shipping Process." I kinda can't wait to watch this movie. I should know by now how I'm gonna feel after watching this, but still... :farnese:

Deci

Heisenberg said:
Me too, so excited :ubik:

I wonder how that works though with the actual release date being Wednesday...

This may or may not be why, but Japan is 13 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time in the US, so often it's Wednesday there while Tuesday here.

edit: I checked my status on CD Japan and for the Blu-Ray it says Processed still, while for the DVD is simply says "In Stock". :???:

Also I noticed for the first time that a poster for movie III comes with it. Nifty!

iye64p.jpg

I received email too a while ago ,though as usually I'll have to wait till friday ,in worst case scenario until monday,though your reviews will somehow keep me going on :D. I just hope that postman won't try to fit it in new mailbox since last time when I ordered a videogame it ended up like this.
a5u3q3a8uftkym13cv4.jpg

Walter said:
...This is getting a little ridiculous, don't you think?
Hey I'm excited too. If for nothing else than seeing the eclipse and SK animated well. Anyone wanna take bets on where they end it? Ive heard the black swordsman doesnt make his appearance until post credits so I'm guessing we'll get Guts slashing some ghosts in the rainy field with skully. Which is a terrible ending.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Heisenberg said:
My comment wasn't out of context with what everybody else has been saying. I'm excited for the movie, not gonna apologize for that.
How many hours now? Have you laid out a bathroom break schedule?

Walter said:
How many hours now? Have you laid out a bathroom break schedule?
You're either ignorant of the tongue in cheek nature of what I said, or you're making a deliberate over-exaggeration. Like I said, plenty of people were making comments in the same context as the one that I did. I'm aware some people are less than enthusiastic about the movies, but do I really have to use the phrase "don't rain on my parade"?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Heisenberg said:
You're either ignorant of the tongue in cheek nature of what I said, or you're making a deliberate over-exaggeration. Like I said, plenty of people were making comments in the same context as the one that I did. I'm aware some people are less than enthusiastic about the movies, but do I really have to use the phrase "don't rain on my parade"?
I understand being excited about something. I just don't think I've ever seen anyone count down the hours to the shipment of a disc release of a movie that's technically been out for months.

Walter said:
I understand being excited about something. I just don't think I've ever seen anyone count down the hours to the shipment of a disc release of a movie that's technically been out for months.
First of all, I would be surprised if you've really never seen a person count down the hours to something like that before. There's a lot of nerdy people out there who camp outside movie theaters and Wallmarts for movies, and yes even check UPS/FedEx hourly. And since this has been pretty impossible to find online, an American fan counting down as though it's the actual premier isn't that unusual.

I wasn't doing that though. I just made a single comment that my DVD was in Alaska because a) I'm bored and have nothing better to do at this hour of night, and b) that it landed in Alaska took me somewhat by surprise and I felt like commenting on it.

Even if it's been out for months, I haven't watched it and for that, I'm SUPER excited to lay my hands on the package. For one, I cannot wait to see the cover illustration by Miura right in front of me IN MY HANDS and get to see the 3rd movie as part of a marathon to watch all 3 together, something I've been waiting to have the opportunity to partake in since the trilogy was announced. A friend and I counted down the months, then weeks, then days and then hours till we potentially got our package delivered (like it was 12~ish hours till it arrived, a few hours ago) :slan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3kUPIPBDA-I#t=657s

That game's graphics looks better than the movies ^ .

Nah but seriously, when a PS3 can replicate the quality of the cgi in your feature film you know it is shit.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
SrCraneo said:
Nah but seriously, when a PS3 can replicate the quality of the cgi in your feature film you know it is shit.

Although we've talked endlessly about how mediocre the cgi/2d blending in these Berserk movies are, I'd like to say that I recently watched 'The Prince of Egypt'

Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg

and noticed it had 2d/3d blending and it looked fantastic.. in 1998!
it really made the effort look poor in the Berserk movies by comparison. Sorry I posted with nothing really new to add to the actual topic :griffnotevil:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SrCraneo said:

Studio Ghibli worked on that game.

Truder said:
Although we've talked endlessly about how mediocre the cgi/2d blending in these Berserk movies are, I'd like to say that I recently watched 'The Prince of Egypt'

Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg

and noticed it had 2d/3d blending and it looked fantastic.. in 1998!
it really made the effort look poor in the Berserk movies by comparison.

Well, first and foremost I think it's a question of budget. Then a matter of skills. Studio 4°C just isn't in the same league as DreamWorks.

Top Bottom