Berserk Saga Project News

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Cool. So what'd you tell those producers once you were face to face? "I loved every second!" ? :ganishka:
I wish I could have gone! I would have asked a looot of questions about the project.
 
H

hellrasinbrasin

Guest
Walter said:
Cool. So what'd you tell those producers once you were face to face? "I loved every second!" ? :ganishka:
After the train wreck we all know the Project has become and as pissed off as we still are about the whole matter I didn't see a need to embarrass anyone. All I asked was this: "As a product has BERSERK met your expectations"?
 

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
"Why was so much of the source material completely disregarded?" Was this question or anything like it asked at any point?

Actually to be honest, I'm curious if anyone asked if they're going to animate beyond these 3 movies. Odds are, the answer would be "That all depends on sales ha ha"
 
Gobolatula said:
"Why was so much of the source material completely disregarded?" Was this question or anything like it asked at any point?

Actually to be honest, I'm curious if anyone asked if they're going to animate beyond these 3 movies. Odds are, the answer would be "That all depends on sales ha ha"
Well they have said before that it depends on how much the first movie makes, so if they're going to do it or not might be already decided. For some reason I doubt they are not going to
 

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
SuperVegetto said:
Well they have said before that it depends on how much the first movie makes, so if they're going to do it or not might be already decided. For some reason I doubt they are not going to
I don't remember them actually saying this though, when did they? This thread gets so boggled in my mind that I can't remember what is rumor and what is an actual quote anymore. :slan:

I do remember them initially saying they wanted to faithfully animate the whole manga. :mozgus:
 
Dar Klink said:
I don't remember them actually saying this though, when did they? This thread gets so boggled in my mind that I can't remember what is rumor and what is an actual quote anymore. :slan:

I do remember them initially saying they wanted to faithfully animate the whole manga. :mozgus:
I don't remember where exactly either, but pretty sure they did
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's in one of the promotional videos where the director and producer were interviewed. Pretty sure it's the one with the obnoxious black dude that speaks Engrish.
 
Walter said:
It's in one of the promotional videos where the director and producer were interviewed. Pretty sure it's the one with the obnoxious black dude that speaks Engrish.
Yeah it makes sense I heard it there. More than the obnoxious Engrish speaking black dude I identify it with that annoying woman who terribly acted like she had known about Berserk before and that she's soooo exciiited about the movies
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Turns out it's actually in one of the text interviews from earlier in the year. Here's the full post:

Walter said:
Puella graciously translated the interview with the movie's director about what may be animated next.

In brief: Miura would like The Black Swordsman Arc to be next, pending success of the three Golden Age movies.
Original Japanese:

――黄金時代篇以降の可能性もあるのでしょうか。
映画の興業成績など条件はあるかもしれませんが、プロジェクトとしては、やる気まんまんです! 三浦先生からも、「黒ガッツ(黒い剣士)」をやってくれという話は出ていました。
 
Just bumped into this horrible thing... I don't know what the source is, but someone please assure me that it isn't official (because it scarily looks like it is) :judo:



It's far worse than that fast food thing...
 
Gill said:
Just bumped into this horrible thing... I don't know what the source is, but someone please assure me that it isn't official (because it scarily looks like it is) :judo:

<<image snipped>>
I'm afraid it is. This picture was originally posted on the film's website a few days ago, on the "news" section. Here's the original post
http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=867


Gill said:
It's far worse than that fast food thing...
At least unlike how they did with the movies, Studio 4°C was kind enough to not cram their CGI into this one :void:
The crass commercialization aside, it's actually pretty decently drawn. And to second Gobolatula, it's nice to see Casca semi-nude and in color :ganishka:
 
Found these two pictures on a German Berserk forum.

The guy who posted this was at the San Diego Comic Con. Which makes me wonder why nobody else posted this before.

From what my crappy Google Translate could find:
3rd movie is still in produce
Zodd was the most difficult character to animate
3rd movie will be 130min long and not 110 - so we will get 20 minutes more material to watch!
they promised that the faces of 3D models will look better in 2nd movie, so technic was refined
Berserk movie will come to US cinemas
3D/2D technics will be handed down to others - also PS3 (dunno what this actually means)




Couldn't see any pics of Wyald, but still keeping my hopes up!
 
Oburi said:
Because none of us care enough anymore.
I certainly do. Thanks for the info and pics JoeZeon! Cool news that the movie is 130 minutes! Interesting to see how different the models/faces will be in comparison to the first. And finally, the mention of PS3 has got me curious... Although last time they mentioned PS3 it ended up just being the little Berserk weapon feature in Dragon's Dogma, which was very anti-climatic for me!

JoeZeon said:
Couldn't see any pics of Wyald, but still keeping my hopes up!
Me too... Crossing mah fingaz!
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
3rd movie will be 130min long and not 110 - so we will get 20 minutes more material to watch!
Three months before release:

Producer: "Uhhh, guys? There's a LOT of stuff we have to cram into Movie 3."

:ganishka:
 
DirectDK said:
I certainly do. Thanks for the info and pics JoeZeon! Cool news that the movie is 130 minutes!
Seconded, I still am not keeping my hopes about the trilogy since we know things have been confirmed cut from the 2nd movie, but it is always good news that they are adding more run time.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Not sure why you're posting in this topic then.
It was a valid answer to the guy's query. Interest has died down since most people have seen Movie 1. The proof is in the number of posts here these days.
 
Your point is valid now that I notice the page number. Apologies Oburi. I wish I had access to movie news so I could post it on here. I'm being hopeful that the product would be more or less decent if viewed back to back (all 3 movies together). I'm itching to watch movie 2.
 
Walter said:
Three months before release:

Producer: "Uhhh, guys? There's a LOT of stuff we have to cram into Movie 3."

:ganishka:
:ganishka:

There does seem to be a longer gap between the release of Movie 2 and Movie 3. The preview cut must have looked something awful. The extra 20 minutes should help somewhat, though it seems a bit obvious that they bit off more than they could chew and the finished product may barely make any sense.
 
Thanks for the pics and info JoeZeon!! I squinted really hard at all those pics but no Wyald...I read the extended run time part first so it raised my hopes but they quickly dropped again not seeing even one of him. On the plus side I feel like the Eclipse (though most likely changed for the worse) will still hold up on its own as a very interesting and viseral piece of animation...I HOPE!
 
Top Bottom