Berserk Saga Project News

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
It looks like the battle between Guts and Griffith in the snow has no dramatic build up, this upsets me. I hope I'm wrong :judo:
That just looks like editing. It's a trailer, afterall.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
Time to rev the hype engine up!! Hopefully we'll get an improvement over the last one. One can dream :schierke:

Those highlights aren't making me dream, that's for sure. Some of the battle scenes are promising but the exaggerated motions annoy me (like Guts leaping to slash down an attacker). And why change some of the characters' hair color randomly? They've made one of the generals a redhead instead of just having black hair. It doesn't matter much but it's just puzzling.

JezzaX said:
It looks like the battle between Guts and Griffith in the snow has no dramatic build up, this upsets me. I hope I'm wrong :judo:

If the first movie is anything to go by, you should expect everything to move at a brisk pace. I'm pretty sure the introspection of the two characters is going to be cut down.

Lukis said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkF5F73Ty6w&list=UUp3vCe6yLvuBfH_9kLPNPow&index=2&feature=plpp_video :ubik:

That's a pretty neat trailer for a change.

Lukis said:
mhm,since Berserl is releasing globally it still will have decent sales,so we shouldnt worry too much

With all the people downloading it illegally off the Internet I wouldn't be so sure about international sales.

Aazealh said:
Those highlights aren't making me dream, that's for sure. Some of the battle scenes are promising but the exaggerated motions annoy me (like Guts leaping to slash down an attacker). And why change some of the characters' hair color randomly? They've made one of the generals a redhead instead of just having black hair. It doesn't matter much but it's just puzzling.

If the first movie is anything to go by, you should expect everything to move at a brisk pace. I'm pretty sure the introspection of the two characters is going to be cut down.

That's a pretty neat trailer for a change.

With all the people downloading it illegally off the Internet I wouldn't be so sure about international sales.

That happens a lot in anime. Not just hair but even other things like eyes or clothes have a different colour from the manga

Berserk selling 7200 copies is considered to be decent in Japan, believe it or not. It's not a runaway hit like Kara no Kyoukai, the Zeta Gundam movies or K-ON!, but assuming Studio 4C doesn't blow their budget or if the sales of films 2 and 3 drop like a rock, Berserk will be okay sales wise.

H

hellrasinbrasin

I wonder what the North American sales figures are going to look like once its released in the fall.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kavaron said:
Is there any chance that the movies will keep coming out until it catches up with the manga?

I don't think so. I don't think they'll stick with the movie format past the trilogy, for starters, and beyond that I don't see them doing all of the story in that manner. That being said, if they keep skipping content like they did with the first movie, I guess they could catch up in just a few years.

anyone knows what this tears of Griffith thing is?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394416607276397&set=a.248799191838140.76735.197046067013453&type=1&ref=nf

H

hellrasinbrasin

Aazealh said:
That being said, if they keep skipping content like they did with the first movie, I guess they could catch up in just a few years.

I would say that in under 10 Years Aazealh we will have the clip show saga
we've always wanted (sarcasm).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
anyone knows what this tears of Griffith thing is?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394416607276397&set=a.248799191838140.76735.197046067013453&type=1&ref=nf
Nothing worth bothering over. It's a shopping bag promotion.

Never mind then, maybe they should put some more money and time in the actual project instead of these things.
Making people aware of Berserk is one thing but the just do it in the form of CM's like they used to do.

why don't they just make a Berserk Game like SOT: Berserk some new story that's still ture to the manga but a new story and just have like some add saying Berserk The Move !! in the corner or something

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
berserk36 said:
why don't they just make a Berserk Game like SOT: Berserk some new story that's still ture to the manga but a new story and just have like some add saying Berserk The Move !! in the corner or something

You mean a game like the one that was released on the Dreamcast. Well that costs a lot of money to produce, on a level not comparable to a phone game. It would also require Miura's involvement, and he's busy with other matters these days (and might not want to write a special chapter for a game).

Am I the only one who has taken a look at the new clip on the DVD that came with their latest Young Animal? I've just got mine through today and the flashback scene for Casca where Griffith saves her is painful to watch, as it's done a similar fashion to Guts' flashback scene in the first film, in the sense that they stagger the frames in slow motion. :schierke:

EDIT: I've taken the liberty to put it up on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5YfFyn0N0&feature=youtu.be If any mods deem this as unsuitable for any reason, please do accept my apologies and remove as necessary.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
Am I the only one who has taken a look at the new clip on the DVD that came with their latest Young Animal?

Seems so. :ganishka:

JezzaX said:
I've just got mine through today and the flashback scene for Casca where Griffith saves her is painful to watch, as it's done a similar fashion to Guts' flashback scene in the first film, in the sense that they stagger the frames in slow motion. :schierke:

Geez, you didn't lie. It IS rather painful to watch since it goes on for a while (even though it's amputated of the context of her childhood). And they have her dream of it, instead of telling it to Guts... Another puzzling change that lessens the depth of their relationship. Also couldn't help but notice that they have her throw her fucking sword at Guts who's standing 10 meters away while she's in a weakened state (in the manga she throws his dagger, which is a lot more plausible). Always the need to exaggerate everything. Same goes for Griffith's rescue during the flashback sequence. In the manga he slashes the man's ear from behind, then throws his sword down next to Casca, telling her to save herself. But here he just throws his saber down like a spear from what? 25 meters away? And in doing so the scene loses some of its meaningfulness.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
In the manga he slashes the man's ear from behind, then throws his sword down next to Casca, telling her to save herself. But here he just throws his saber down like a spear from what? 25 meters away? And in doing so the scene loses some of its meaningfulness.
Came here to post this :ganishka: Yeah, quite an absurd and unnecessary tear in the suspension of disbelief—just like his Superman flying skills in the first movie.

The shaky-cam memories are also quite bad, visually. Again, unnecessary and jarring.

I was about to say that the pacing at least seems to be a little less frantic, and then I noticed they cut out the Gennon side of Casca's flashback completely. And, of course, Griffith bathing in the pond, which has allusions to what happens at the Eclipse. *FLUSSSSHHHH*

H

hellrasinbrasin

I can only imagine the production team doing the same thing with
Casca's rape during the Eclipse by making Guts look in the opposite direction

:magni:

Top Bottom