Berserk Saga Project News

Walter said:
Not a bad idea, but if you're serious about asking the guy, you should probably be a little more general about the question. Give him a fair out, and he might answer it. My suggestion:

You were hired as a consultant to ensure the quality of the swordplay was realistic. Did you have input on every combat scene, or did they sometimes do their own thing, without consulting you? Are you comfortable with the final product?

Yeah, I agree. I'm going to be careful to not undermine his work, especially when I don't know if he's fully responsible. I might wait on seeing more of the new film before posing the question though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Susumu Hirasawa will be doing a live performance on Saturday in Japan to commemorate the launch of Movie 2. http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv97144006

This doesn't mean he has a new song. Just that he's performing live.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Walter said:
Susumu Hirasawa will be doing a live performance on Saturday in Japan to commemorate the launch of Movie 2. http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv97144006

This doesn't mean he has a new song. Just that he's performing live.

Well it seems that there is some good news related to this project after all.
:ganishka:

The latest YA issue shares a supplement/ booklet with the usual movie promotion info. There may be some new news on these pages but I don't understand Japanese so I wouldn't know! Either way, really good incentive to purchase it as to support Miura, a bit more~so in this case because there are cut outs of Miura's art (first picture below) -

20120621_142649.jpg

20120621_142754.jpg

20120621_142807.jpg

20120621_142826.jpg

The first page I didn't post because it's a panel which has movie 1 info (has been posted earlier in this topic).

EDIT: I re-sized and turned the images before putting them up but they come up un-edited. Me and tech don't go along, I apologize.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
It's interesting to read the recent comment Miura made regarding movie 1 and movie 2. He's saying that the art quAlity in movie 2 has improved and he wants people to go see it. I guess he had some criticisms. Of course I'll be buying the blu-rays once they come out.

It's a shame these movies did a crappy job telling the story. I'd feel better buying something Miura was proud of.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
Susumu at the event: @Clara_de_Porras: http://t.co/DRlNV0HN

Seems like a cool guy :serpico:
Gahh what does that fucking poster even MEAN...?

I would absolutely love to meet Susumu Hirasawa. He is one of my favorite musicians and seems like a great guy. I doubt he's ever gonna come to the states, though. Oh well.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Gahh what does that fucking poster even MEAN...?
It's pretty gross, I agree. But the effect you're talking about is just when the posters are placed side-by-side.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Walter said:
It's pretty gross, I agree. But the effect you're talking about is just when the posters are placed side-by-side.
Naah I meant I don't get why it's Guts and Griffith on each side then Casca in her pretty dress in the middle with the activated Crimson Beherit in the background. It just seems like they took random images and slapped them together, not even trying to go for any particular theme.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
Kotaku reviews Berserk: The Egg of the King, in preparation for the second movie:

http://kotaku.com/5920418/berserk-the-egg-of-the-king-is-an-ugly-inferior-rehash

Best quote:

So while this means that The Egg of The King is a very true adaptation of the source material, I couldn't help but wonder why I wasn't just watching the TV series or reading the manga.

lol

Another guy who knows the manga so well he doesn't mind the missing parts. Nor notices them.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Every good review of the movie I've seen so far boils down to "Finally I can see the characters moving on their own, without having to employ my imagination!" :azan:

Aazealh said:
Another guy who knows the manga so well he doesn't mind the missing parts. Nor notices them.
Which's why there's no credibility to either review - this one or the AnimeNews one. It's sad because they're both popular websites with a lot of people checking it. Given the timing of the review and of Miura's recent statement, it would really help if the review would give an indication of Miura's statement after writing of movie 1's CG-specific flaws - giving possible hope to readers that if CG on A was found bad, hang on we have word from Miura indicating B has improvements so go check it out/ try it.

I haven't checked other review sites and I'm hoping they're encouraging, for Miura's sake.

Well, he does say that the film version is abridged in comparison to both the manga and TV series, so I'm guessing in that quote he means that it is "very true" in the sense that there is no filler

That was a pretty negative review overall.

I just saw the second movie. Any questions?
#Maybe spoilers#

The theater I went to was not in Tokyo because I couldn't find a theater with the movie in my area when I was in Tokyo today, so I went back to my place and went to the theater nearby. There was about 20-30 people total. It was the last showing of it.

#spoilers#

I really enjoyed the movie, but they cut a lot of things that I enjoyed from the manga. It was basically a movie with two long battle fights. . . and that's about it. The best part was actually the sex scene with Griffith. They cut out a lot of what I thought were the most important lines. The next movie comes out in Winter.

I will expand if anyone is interested about details in the movie.

Roderick said:
Well, he does say that the film version is abridged in comparison to both the manga and TV series, so I'm guessing in that quote he means that it is "very true" in the sense that there is no filler

That was a pretty negative review overall.

Exactly! I think taking that one line out of context and saying that the reviewer doesn't know what he/she is talking about is pretty unfair. That particular review seems pretty darn accurate overall.

Tabegoro said:
I just saw the second movie. Any questions?

Yes please! Did the Griffith/Gennon flashback make it into the film? I've been wondering how much of that they were going to include considering the strange, jittery flashback sequences involving Guts and Casca

How about the scene where Guts talks to Casca about the band of the hawks and dreams after 100 man battle.
EDIT : So did Zodd throw his sword after all or not ? :zodd:

Tabegoro said:
The best part was actually the sex scene with Griffith.

Interestingly, that's one of the few parts that the TV anime truncated/skipped, along with the fallout with the King of Midland. I'm looking forward to seeing those adaptations solely because the TV adaptation did not cover it at all.

What about the court intrigue? Is there any at all this time, or has it supposedly ended with the assassination of Julius?

H

hellrasinbrasin

I have a question for those who saw film 2 was it as perfunctory as the 1st.

Movie Spoilers!

No, they did not show the Griffith/Gennon flashback, so the viewer had to guess a little about their relationship before Griffith killed him. The movie had very little character development or character interaction in my opinion. I still enjoyed it though.

Guts does talk to Casca about leaving the band and about his dreams on the balcony of that dance hall. I don't remember if it was cut so much because I haven't read the manga in years. I would have to brush up, which I will do later this week. The scene also had some cameos.
Zodd never threw his sword. . . why did they cut this? Guts just cuts through the guy after a pretty cool battle like he did with everyone else for the first hour of the movie.

The court intrigue thing apparently ended with Julius. That was a little disappointing.

The movie starts off with the fight with Adon, then goes to another fight with Gennon, and then ends with Guts leaving the band and not saying those famous last words.
It was as perfunctory as the first if you consider the first perfunctory. If you didn't like the first, then you will probably not like this.

I enjoyed both of them I was just disappointed with some parts. But hey, it's better than nothing.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Tabegoro said:
But hey, it's better than nothing.

If I had to choose between this perfunctory film project and the 97 series as well as the manga I would choose "the 97 series & the manga" just on principle alone.
:ubik:

Top Bottom