Berserk Saga Project News

frankencowx said:
Uhhh the quality on the trailer sucks but from what I'm perceiving its consistent with the same stuff we've been getting...

Even though the trailer is not HD, I think it's enough to see that the animations look smooth, the lightning effects are well achieved and some decisions like camera movement and framing are pretty good.
At least to my taste.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks to me like their version of the eclipse will be more blue-ish. Weird.

movie3-1.jpg

movie3-2.jpg

movie3-3.jpg

And of course:
movie3-4.jpg

Cool teaser. Hope Full trailer will be up in coming months too..lack of apostiles is killing me :judo: ..also upped teaser in same quality in YT..spread the word!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0m4d2sxmqA&feature=youtu.be

Gill said:
Is this a new trailer?

http://special.movies.yahoo.co.jp/detail/20120828112468/

I think it's actually pretty awesome - except that I didn't see any signs of Wyald nor Silat :judo:

YES YES DOUBLE YES!!! I like how they're keeping with the theme of not showing too much, both in the poster and the trailer. BTW Zodd and Skull Knight!!!!!

Femto777

may you bring pain or salvation to mankind
DSC_0015.JPG
I think only part of the eclipse will be blue it will probably turn red when Griffith sacrifices everybody. And I don’t think wyald is going to be in movie they will probably cut him out like they did in the TV series. They don’t have a nuff time for him did anybody notice that episodes 20 to 25 of the berserk TV series adds up to 108 minutes(which is were the 3rd movie takes place) excluding OPs,EDs,etc and the movie was a 110 minutes. I really don’t think he will be in the movie unfortunately thank god for the extra 20 minutes that been added recently thou.

Femto777 said:
I think only part of the eclipse will be blue it will probably turn red when Griffith sacrifices everybody. And I don’t think wyald is going to be in movie they will probably cut him out like they did in the TV series. They don’t have a nuff time for him did anybody notice that episodes 20 to 25 of the berserk TV series adds up to 108 minutes(which is were the 3rd movie takes place) excluding OPs,EDs,etc and the movie was a 110 minutes. I really don’t think he will be in the movie unfortunately thank god for the extra 20 minutes that been added recently thou.

I was thinking the same too, that it will turn red when blood starts shedding.

Also I saw someone on animenewsnetwork comment that the "2" in the poster does not stand for February and there are kanjis there saying January, 2nd January maybe?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
Also I saw someone on animenewsnetwork comment that the "2" in the poster does not stand for February and there are kanjis there saying January, 2nd January maybe?
It says second new year, which sounds like a riddle but likely means the cultural new year celebrated by China/Japan/Vietnam, which will be Feb. 10. But the actual release date isn't that important to us anyway...

Walter said:

The blue is a really odd choice. Everything seems washed out. Perhaps it's supposed to appear "heavenly" at first. Not sure I really dig the look.

Nor do I like the weird russian doll animation of the beherit screaming. It's not creepy it just feels like a tired anime trope. It was much creepier in the original anime with the detailed animation of the features shifting, it screaming and crying blood. The original was simple but very effective.

I do however like the look of Griffith pulling the beherit out of the water. Very effective, very cool.

From the having seen the trailer I can't give off any impression to a few things except there are a couple of things that rub me the wrong way. The scene with Griffith dramatically lifting the Behelit up as well as the Skull Knight vs Zodd are impressive and rather interesting, but I am completely 100% unsure about when the eclipse happens everything suddenly becomes a weird color of blue. When the eclipse happened and everything turned a horrific red color you can really get a sense of fear and dread out of that, I don't see that with Blue.

Also just one minor thing, the Behelit screaming animation is by far the weakest. The same shot being played in a dramatic way doesn't do anything for me when you can barley see any detail forming on the face when the eyes open and begin to cry blood just like you saw in the original anime, I'm somewhat off and on with this trailer for a couple of things but as a whole it was an Okayish trailer.

pirkaf 2000 said:
Very nice trailer, I'm hoping they will make a decent movie this time. To bad move 1 and 2 suck badly.
In a way I hope the Golden Age Arc end's up like the Star Wars prequels. The first two being dumpster fires while the third at least end's the series on a good note.

I'm not going to lie...I literally squealed like a school girl after watching that trailer. :serpico:

I actually like the use of blue, (what little we can see of it anyway).

That was just a teaser including scenes we all knew would be in it. I'm not too worried about pre-eclipse material yet because they are obviously selling the eclipse part of it.

So yeah, how much of the pre-eclipse material will we get? Post-eclipse material? Nothing new on those fronts. All the magazine snapshots possibly confirm is that the scene in which Rickert witnesses the apostle gathering is included. But it could just be from when Rickert gazes in awe at Zodd & Skullknight outside of the Eclipse.

But, yeah, Silat? Wyald? Assassins? Godo? Guess we might get a clue in the next chapter, but judging by the berserkfilm.com character chart, the only confirmed introductions (outside of the God Hand and Skullknight) are that of Erika and Silat. I really hope that isn't the case.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well i figured if we get Erika we get by "default" Godo. As for the blueish color, it might be just at the beginning (when the beherit activates and just a few moments while the eclipse is setting up the environment) but I'm more of the same opinion as Femto777 that it'l turn red when Griffith sacrice everyone. We can see tears of blood on the beherit. Doesn't mean that we won't get to see it form is face when it'll happen. After all it is a teaser, so a few things can get fixed.

JoeZeon said:
In a way I hope the Golden Age Arc end's up like the Star Wars prequels. The first two being dumpster fires while the third at least end's the series on a good note.

Having the last entry in a Trilogy be the high mark of 2 wasted opportunities is nothing to pat yourself on the back over. While I hate the SW Prequels Episode(s) 1 - 3 had the film time necessary to establish plot, theme, and character development despite being a complete disaster to fans of the OT. With these films the Studio has run in the opposite direction on the train tracks. But like everyone else has been saying since this projects inception and each film release they just didn't care about the project on any level.

I'm liking the teaser so far can't wait for more with some pre or post eclipse images hopefully

also just a random thought but I wonder if to reduce time and still introduce Silat and the Bakiraka if they would just have Silat lead a group of (conviction ark style)Bakiraka when he attacks the Hawks encampment and have Judeau ID them. Then skip the sewer scene later and come up with some other reason for Charlotte and Anna to be left behind

puppet12ca said:
Then skip the sewer scene later and come up with some other reason for Charlotte and Anna to be left behind

Not to mention they need a good reason for Guts not to hive his sword during the Eclipse. That was one big aspect of the '97 Anime that made no sense.

But I'd be surprised if they didn't have some type of pursuit after rescuing Griffith, even if it's something stupid like a bunch of random Midland knights again. The efforts the Hawks go to to rescue him make the Eclipse that much more tragic. Without that struggle, I don't know, it just loses potency. :sad:

Here's hoping it's Wyald.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I'm curious to see more scenes from this 3rd movie. The stuff in that trailer was pretty cool.

I hope that they have a different effect for the brands being administered by Void, though.

ApostleBob said:
Not to mention they need a good reason for Guts not to hive his sword during the Eclipse. That was one big aspect of the '97 Anime that made no sense.

Wow you know I never realized that he was suddenly missing his sword. To be fair I only saw the anime once and it was before ever reading any of the manga.

Walter said:
It says second new year, which sounds like a riddle but likely means the cultural new year celebrated by China/Japan/Vietnam, which will be Feb. 10. But the actual release date isn't that important to us anyway...

In Japan, in movie terms, "second new year" refers to the time from the second half of January to February.

I know everyone is ripping on the movies (including me), but I am going to go see this one when it comes out as well.

new interview:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2012-08-30/interview-eiko-tanaka

the 4th question:
Was there a particular arc of the manga you personally were looking forward to seeing animated?

Next will be the arc of “Lost Children”. I wish we could see Farnese animated.

The first part gives me the feeling they will cover more of berserk, but the last part ('I wish we could see Farnese animated') tells me they wont be doing anything more...

The fact that the producer never was a fan of the series before taking on this project helps explain why a lot of the smaller, yet important, details aren't faithfull to the series. *Shakes head*

But then again, Lost Children Arc? Sign me up.

Hopefully they have learned the tech to mix the CG and traditional anime better.
" I am afraid that there are some parts which we could have done better." <-- Ain't that the truth! :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
Next will be the arc of “Lost Children”. I wish we could see Farnese animated.
That's contrary to what was said earlier, that they'd do The Black Swordsman next. Unless... they're tying those two arcs together?

Top Bottom