Berserk Saga Project News

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Walter said:
That's contrary to what was said earlier, that they'd do The Black Swordsman next. Unless... they're tying those two arcs together?

well of course :schierke: 1 movie, 30 minutes for each arc, duh!

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Walter said:
That's contrary to what was said earlier, that they'd do The Black Swordsman next. Unless... they're tying those two arcs together?

They really said they would do the Black Swordsman arc? I thought that was what Miura said he wished would happen, but not the producers themselves. I might have missed something though!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sammoniac said:
They really said they would do the Black Swordsman arc? I thought that was what Miura said he wished would happen, but not the producers themselves. I might have missed something though!
No, I think that's right. In my head I interpreted Miura's wishes to be the same as the production crew. How stupid of me! :troll:

Walter said:
Unless... they're tying those two arcs together?

Its what I would do. As thematically and as a narrative The Black Swordsman arc is more connected to the narrative of the Conviction Arc so it would make sense to adapt them as a single story arc. If that's what they the studio intends on doing.

Well they could do the two arcs in one if they release the rest of Berserk as OVA's. Because the audience doesnt have to wait for the next movie to be released, 6 months later. Because ova's are faster released, not? And then it seems like one big story being told at a steady pace.

jackalj said:
new interview:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2012-08-30/interview-eiko-tanaka

the 4th question:
Was there a particular arc of the manga you personally were looking forward to seeing animated?

Next will be the arc of “Lost Children”. I wish we could see Farnese animated.

The first part gives me the feeling they will cover more of berserk, but the last part ('I wish we could see Farnese animated') tells me they wont be doing anything more...

I doubt you're right, it depends on how well it does. If the arc of "Lost Children" sold a lot they wouldn't wait to do the other arcs

Oh and if they tie up Black Swordsman and Lost Children arcs in another trilogy or w/e they will do, It would be epic seeing a teaser/poster for the first time of something named " Berserk Lost Children arc I: The Black Swordsman "

In other notes, english dub trailer is up here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4109340606374&set=vb.410706485612707&type=2&theater

HAAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAH

Sorry couldn't help myself

I seriously laughed out loud. Hearing Griffith's voice for the first time : BWAHAHHAHHAA, Guts says: I'm Guts, wow that sounds good and badass, but wait, Caska speaks! AHHAHAHAHAHA
And then I'm like: This can't be more hilarious...
but then I hear Zodd :ganishka: :ganishka:

jackson_hurley said:
yeah whats up with Zodd's voice? is he a transformer in disguise? :carcus:

I remember when I was watching the old anime and I had to play the episode again at a certain part but I forgot to change it to Japanese, it was the part where Zodd says " A death you cannot escape! "
I laughed so hard

JezzaX said:
Just when you thought the movie(s) couldn't get any worse, they go and add the same old crappy voice actors...

Hey look at the bright side, It's so hilarious!

But now this pissed me off http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2012/08/review-berserk-the-egg-of-the-king-is-brilliant-and-epic-reel-anime-2012.php

Stop, fucking, misleading, people, damnit.

I want to punch twice everyone who calls this trilogy "a faithful adaption"

"This faithful film adaptation should please both fans and newcomers alike with its massive battles"

Yes, massive battles, that's what Berserk is about

Man when a Studio knows its films are so bad that they have news rags + the studio that bought the licence to release the films BS the public about how great it is you know you have to avoid it like the plague.

I just watched trailer and was laughing so hard,i actually stopped at 1min since i couldnt continue,they all sound so wrong...my friend asked me whats wrong me when i just started laughing at trailer(had headphones on)

Well the movie now getting the English dub, it feels like nothing's different. The old voice actors are back as the same characters but I feel like the effort is not there where it should be, Marc Diraison & Kevin Collins still have some push and are able to play both main characters well enough but Carolyn Keranen is still way too over the top as Casca.

I still did not like the film but I am just curious at least to hear the dub of it just to add it to the list, and to see if any change has come of these actors since 11 years.

Maybe its because I originally watched the series in English that I don't understand why everyone is hating so much on the VAs. I'm actually happy they got some of the original VAs. Can't wait to hear Gaston :ubik:

When Caska is talking to Guts shes mad so maybe her voice is a bit more high strung than normal. As far Guts and Griffith go, they still sound similar to their original voices. Griffiths VA is particularly skilled, who can forget the singing? As for Zodd, its still going to be weird no matter what. I thought it was awkward in the original since his mouth isn't moving while he talks. I don't like that at all, its SO unrealistic. Yeah, I'll complain about that...

I DO like the fact that VIZ is trying to keep in like with the original series.

On a side note, since when did fans become so jaded? The majority of what I've been hearing is that it sucks, its horrible, their faces look weird, seige towers, *insert your personal gripe here*. Its been 15 years since the original anime came out. Back then things were a lot simpler, we all were younger, and a lot easier to please. The cool thing wasn't to go on the net and complain about minute details. Yes, there are parts of the movies that are not great, but you still have the manga to praise and worship. So you think the VAs are horrible, you still have the original Japanese audio.

Actually...Griffith, at least in these few snippets sounds a LOT better to me, (which surprises me because I couldn't stand him in the original dub). I never minded Guts, so I'm sure I'll be OK with him. But Caska...wow...I just...wow...

I won't lie. Her voice made me clench my teeth.

arrowchild said:
Actually...Griffith, at least in these few snippets sounds a LOT better to me, (which surprises me because I couldn't stand him in the original dub). I never minded Guts, so I'm sure I'll be OK with him. But Casca...wow...I just...wow...

I won't lie. Her voice made me clench my teeth.

I'm sort of the opposite, I only liked Griffith's voice from the VA and didn't care for Guts. I don't really remember Caska's, but I do remember that Zodd's always embarrassed me.

lon3vvolf said:
Maybe its because I originally watched the series in English that I don't understand why everyone is hating so much on the VAs. I'm actually happy they got some of the original VAs. Can't wait to hear Gaston :ubik:

When Casca is talking to Guts shes mad so maybe her voice is a bit more high strung than normal. As far Guts and Griffith go, they still sound similar to their original voices. Griffiths VA is particularly skilled, who can forget the singing? As for Zodd, its still going to be weird no matter what. I thought it was awkward in the original since his mouth isn't moving while he talks. I don't like that at all, its SO unrealistic. Yeah, I'll complain about that...

I DO like the fact that VIZ is trying to keep in like with the original series.

On a side note, since when did fans become so jaded? The majority of what I've been hearing is that it sucks, its horrible, their faces look weird, seige towers, *insert your personal gripe here*. Its been 15 years since the original anime came out. Back then things were a lot simpler, we all were younger, and a lot easier to please. The cool thing wasn't to go on the net and complain about minute details. Yes, there are parts of the movies that are not great, but you still have the manga to praise and worship. So you think the VAs are horrible, you still have the original Japanese audio.

I remember when I first watched the series, it was a fansub, so I didn't have to deal with the English dub. I guess those of us who first watched it that way are used to it, although the original voice of Zodd was still pretty crappy, I think that's where the new Japanese voice actor wins, despite only having limited screen time... in fact, the voices are probably the best thing about the new series and now the English dub has removed that.

As for why people are picking holes in the series compared to the old one? Well, even the old series had/has it's fair share of complaints, with even Griffith doing his own re-cut on the board to specifically correct as much as he could to put it in the similar order or view of the manga, however, other than the PS2 and Dreamcast games, it was our only animated view of the series, so we tolerated it for what was there. A lot of people, such as myself, have waited a long time for the series to be done in a higher quality and in a far more faithful way, with less omissions and a more clear narrative. In the build up these movies, I have been in denial over it potentially ending badly based on the producers promise that this would be "faithful" and when it finally came to it, it's actually worse than the 97 series. So now we hold that as the not so ideal, but more faithful adaptation, simply because there are still some VERY important plot elements it doesn't skip over, despite excluding Skull Knight, Wyald and Silat from the timeline. If I were to pick one to go back and watch again, it would be the 97 series, purely because the content is mostly there, but neither of them are a great example of what you can achieve with the absolutely fantastic source material that Miura has created and if anyone thinks otherwise, they're insulting how good a story teller Miura really is.

JezzaX said:
I remember when I first watched the series, it was a fansub, so I didn't have to deal with the English dub. I guess those of us who first watched it that way are used to it, although the original voice of Zodd was still pretty crappy, I think that's where the new Japanese voice actor wins, despite only having limited screen time... in fact, the voices are probably the best thing about the new series and now the English dub has removed that.

As for why people are picking holes in the series compared to the old one? Well, even the old series had/has it's fair share of complaints, with even Griffith doing his own re-cut on the board to specifically correct as much as he could to put it in the similar order or view of the manga, however, other than the PS2 and Dreamcast games, it was our only animated view of the series, so we tolerated it for what was there. A lot of people, such as myself, have waited a long time for the series to be done in a higher quality and in a far more faithful way, with less omissions and a more clear narrative. In the build up these movies, I have been in denial over it potentially ending badly based on the producers promise that this would be "faithful" and when it finally came to it, it's actually worse than the 97 series. So now we hold that as the not so ideal, but more faithful adaptation, simply because there are still some VERY important plot elements it doesn't skip over, despite excluding Skull Knight, Wyald and Silat from the timeline. If I were to pick one to go back and watch again, it would be the 97 series, purely because the content is mostly there, but neither of them are a great example of what you can achieve with the absolutely fantastic source material that Miura has created and if anyone thinks otherwise, they're insulting how good a story teller Miura really is.

Despite having its own numerous faults, I still believe the '97 TV series does hold an edge over the current Studio 4℃ adaptation in terms of at least one factor, and I think many would agree with me here - and that is the soundtrack music. It was only after rewatching "Egg of the King" a few more times I began to realize that it wasn't just the cuts and sloppy animation that ruin the battle scenes, it was also Shiro Sagisu's clichéd and painfully generic pseudo-operatic musical score and its bloated "epic" vocalizing. Contrast that with the electronically dark and sparse instrumentation of Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack score, with its wild and unpredictable arrangements and time changes that hasn't aged at all and still sounds fresh even now after all these years.

Top Bottom