Berserk Saga Project News

RaffoBaffo said:
Silat - Yuuichi Nakamura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjqb2N5dJQI
Thanks for the video! Not bad, kinda what I imagined... Yay, this third movie seems to get better and better (I guess I'll change this opinion when I see how much stuff got cut out :troll:)

For what its worth, I saw the official VIZ sub in Philadelphia on Saturday. Drove 2.5 hours even though I have the japanese bluray of it. Time well spent. From what I can tell the subs are as accurate to whats happening. It was nice to see it on a somewhat big screen too. It was at a college theater.

Also... yes Silat!

Ok so, the whole reason I joined this forum is because this was the place I found out about the new anime saga for Berserk. I have watched the first one, I still haven't found the second one with subtitles. I am hoping it is out.

They make it seem like there is only going to be 3 episodes, does anyone know if that is true? Or are they actually going to continue with the manga. I know it gets a bit graphic and I think that's why they stopped the origanal anime series. It had like 21 episodes or so.. I would really like for it to continue though, does anyone know if this is going to happen?

Also am I the only one who felt like the pirate saga was so drawn out in the manga? I am relieved it's over, I can't help but feel like the creator probably got a lot of influence from the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Icelin said:
Ok so, the whole reason I joined this forum is because this was the place I found out about the new anime saga for Berserk. I have watched the first one, I still haven't found the second one with subtitles. I am hoping it is out.

The second movie will be out on dvd/blu-ray in Japan on December 5th.

They make it seem like there is only going to be 3 episodes, does anyone know if that is true? Or are they actually going to continue with the manga. I know it gets a bit graphic and I think that's why they stopped the origanal anime series. It had like 21 episodes or so.. I would really like for it to continue though, does anyone know if this is going to happen?

From what they've seen, the plan from the beginning was to continue with the rest of the manga, which is probably why there are characters like Farnese shown in the opening credits. Whether or not that's actually going to happen is another story. The movies seem to be doing well enough so far (I suppose), but who knows. I wonder how long it will take them to announce what they're doing next, assuming they continue with the project.

Also am I the only one who felt like the pirate saga was so drawn out in the manga? I am relieved it's over, I can't help but feel like the creator probably got a lot of influence from the Pirates of the Caribbean.

I think a lot of people feel the same way. It was especially annoying for me because that's where I ended up in the story after catching up with twenty years worth of material. It's not really the most interesting part of the story to be reading when you finally have to start waiting for new chapters to come out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Icelin said:
They make it seem like there is only going to be 3 episodes, does anyone know if that is true?

Maybe you should search on the forum. Maybe you should read the first page of this thread.

Icelin said:
I know it gets a bit graphic and I think that's why they stopped the origanal anime series.

You're wrong. They always planned to stop when they did, and they ended during one of the most difficult moment of the series, so being graphic had nothing to do with it.

Icelin said:
It had like 21 episodes or so..

Icelin said:

There's no "pirate saga". The part of the story revolving around the Sea God lasted for under 3 volumes, which isn't particularly long. And I for one didn't feel like it was drawn out in any way. Furthermore, I don't believe it bears any similarities with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies aside from the fact they both feature pirates. The character of the "boss" is both forged after the archetypal pirate captain one can find in old adventure novels, and fashioned as a sort of whimsical tragicomedic character by Miura. Rather unique. The Sea God itself and the entire segment taking place on the solitary island are pretty clear references/homages to the Cthulhu Mythos, the myth of the Leviathan and dare I say the tale of The Little Mermaid. As for this sea voyage, it's something that we've known would happen since 2001.

SamNeillium said:
It's not really the most interesting part of the story to be reading when you finally have to start waiting for new chapters to come out.

They're called episodes, not chapters. And actually I'd say it was at least as interesting as any other part of the story to be reading on an episodic basis. Biggest enemy Guts has ever fought and all. I think you're just hung up over having to read the series episodically. And if you don't get over it, I guarantee you that you won't enjoy much of the series.

Aazealh said:
Maybe you should search on the forum. Maybe you should read the first page of this thread.
Sorry for my first reaction to the first post on this topic when I saw it, was to see if it was true and to go look for the episodes not read 91 pages of posts.

Aazealh said:
You're wrong. They always planned to stop when they did, and they ended during one of the most difficult moment of the series, so being graphic had nothing to do with it.
I never said it was set in stone it was just an presumption, "I think" not "I know". I know when I first viewed the old anime saga, I thought to myself What the hell is going on??? The last 2 episodes got very graphic and I was not expecting any of that. I thought maybe it caused them to cut short the series because it ended so abruptly. I knew it couldn't be the end, so I searched for mangas and they were there.

Story of my discovery for Berserk. Everyones is going to be different, so let's try to not criticize me about that as well.

Aazealh said:
I watched the Berserk anime back when I was 15, sorry I couldn't remember how many episodes there was exactly.

Aazealh said:
There's no "pirate saga". The part of the story revolving around the Sea God lasted for under 3 volumes, which isn't particularly long. And I for one didn't feel like it was drawn out in any way. Furthermore, I don't believe it bears any similarities with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies aside from the fact they both feature pirates. The character of the "boss" is both forged after the archetypal pirate captain one can find in old adventure novels, and fashioned as a sort of whimsical tragicomic character by Mira. Rather unique. The Sea God itself and the entire segment taking place on the solitary island are pretty clear references/homages to the Catholic Myths, the myth of the Leviathan and dare I say the tale of The Little Mermaid. As for this sea voyage, it's something that we've known would happen since 2001.
Alright Berserk guru, I am just saying when those chapters came out there was a whole craze about Pirates of the Carribean was happening. It probably felt extra drawn out for me because the manga has been published on an irregular schedule for quite a while. So a long wait in between.... to fight more pirates!

Aazealh said:
They're called episodes, not chapters. And actually I'd say it was at least as interesting as any other part of the story to be reading on an episodic basis. Biggest enemy Guts has ever fought and all. I think you're just hung up over having to read the series episodically. And if you don't get over it, I guarantee you that you won't enjoy much of the series.
Mangas are comicbooks created in Japan. So I am going to call them chapters not episodes. You can call them whatever the hell you want.

Second time you have lunged at me out of nowhere, I am entitled to speak my opinion. Maybe you should figure out why your so angry and argue with random people, instead of explaining whats on your mind in a civil manner not with disdain and sarcasm. You need a hug or something??

Oh thank you for NOT answering my question also, I really appreciate that.

Icelin said:
Alright Berserk guru, I am just saying when those chapters came out there was a whole craze about Pirates of the Carribean was happening. It probably felt extra drawn out for me because the manga has been published on an irregular schedule for quite a while. So a long wait in between.... to fight more pirates!
Please stop.

Icelin said:
Mangas are comicbooks created in Japan. So I am going to call them chapters not episodes. You can call them whatever the hell you want.
You are simply wrong. Let me quote something from the Berserk enncyclopedia ( Source => http://www.skullknight.net/encyclopedia/information/index.html )
Episode? Volume? Chapter? Wha-?

It can be a little confusing at first, but it's best to be well-educated. An EPISODE refers to the ~20 pg sequences published semi-monthly in Young Animal. A Volume contains 10-11 episodes. A Chapter can contain from less than one to several volumes ( for example: "Chapter of Lost Children," "Chatper of the Binding Chain," "Chapter of the Birth Festival"). Finally, an Arc encompasses several chapters, and marks a definite period, or story arc in the manga.

Icelin said:
I watched the Berserk anime back when I was 15, sorry I couldn't remember how many episodes there was exactly.
No need to get sore, he's simply correcting you as this is a public forum.
Icelin said:
A whole lot happened since they left, and from a pacing perspective, it works fine. Would it really feel natural for the Gut's party to leave Vrittanis (sp?) and immediately arrive in Elfhelm. Especially after the merging of worlds? They needed to experience what this new world entails. It's not as if there hasn't been action and excitement to move it along as well.

Icelin said:
You can call them whatever you want, but just know by the author's definithion and this community's perspective, you are in error.

Icelin said:
Second time you have lunged at me out of nowhere, I am entitled to speak my opinion. Maybe you should figure out why your so angry and argue with random people, instead of explaining whats on your mind in a civil manner not with disdain and sarcasm. You need a hug or something??
You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. This forum has a fantastic search feature which I encourage you to use. You do not need to sift through 100+ posts. Posting blind just makes you appear like an ignorant bumpkin, so don't act surprised.

Icelin said:
Oh thank you for NOT answering my question also, I really appreciate that.
Yeah the next film comes out in December, so don't expect any release until then.

ApostleBob said:
No need to get sore, he's simply correcting you as this is a public forum.
With arrogance.

ApostleBob said:
A whole lot happened since they left, and from a pacing perspective, it works fine. Would it really feel natural for the Guts party to leave Vrittanis (sp?) and immediately arrive in Elfhelm. Especially after the merging of worlds? They needed to experience what this new world entails. It's not as if there hasn't been action and excitement to move it along as well.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

ApostleBob said:
You can call them whatever you want, but just know by the author's definithion and this community's perspective, you are in error.
I was mistaken, shove my nose in it.
I guess this community is very fickle and takes Berserk way to seriously then.

ApostleBob said:
You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. This forum has a fantastic search feature which I encourage you to use. You do not need to sift through 100+ posts. Posting blind just makes you appear like an ignorant bumpkin, so don't act surprised.
No I am entitled to my opinion period. Are people on this forum not suppose to ask questions or talk about Berserk? I was under the impression this is what this forum was made for.

ApostleBob said:
Yeah the next film comes out in December, so don't expect any release until then.
Thank you, you could have said that without calling me a bumpkin. Another person posted back and he was polite about it. You know civilized? I'm not feeding trolls any longer.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think everyone been pretty patient with you, Icelin. If you'd re-read the posts here with a level head, I think you might see it differently. Yes, we do take Berserk very seriously, and accuracy is very important to us. When you're corrected on something, it's not personal.

As for your questions, you should use the search feature because these questions have all been addressed multiple times. But for your convenience, here are the answers in a succinct fashion:

The Golden Age 2: Capture of Doldrey, is due out on DVD/BluRay in Japan in December. No confirmed date for Viz' edition in the USA.

Only three Berserk movies have been announced. There is no confirmed movie beyond Golden Age 3: Descent, which is due out in Feb 2013. Before the project formally launched, the staff said their intent was to faithfully animate the full series. However, things may have changed due to mediocre-to-poor theatrical reception. That being said, we don't really have solid numbers on how it's performed beyond the first weeks of the box office for Movies 1-2, which wasn't too hot.

Walter said:
The Golden Age 2: Capture of Doldrey, is due out on DVD/BluRay in Japan in December. No confirmed date for Viz' edition in the USA.

Only three Berserk movies have been announced. There is no confirmed movie beyond Golden Age 3: Descent, which is due out in Feb 2013. Before the project formally launched, the staff said their intent was to faithfully animate the full series. However, things may have changed due to mediocre-to-poor theatrical reception. That being said, we don't really have solid numbers on how it's performed beyond the first weeks of the box office for Movies 1-2, which wasn't too hot.

Thank you, I don't see why that was so hard to answer. I'll make a note of it to not ask any Berserk questions here since it's so intolerable.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Icelin said:
Sorry for my first reaction to the first post on this topic when I saw it, was to see if it was true and to go look for the episodes not read 91 pages of posts.

I'm not excusing you.

Icelin said:
I never said it was set in stone it was just an presumption, "I think" not "I know".

Well you presumed wrong. No big deal, right? Didn't you want to know the truth?

Icelin said:
I knew it couldn't be the end, so I searched for mangas and they were there.

Have you bought them?

Icelin said:

Sorry for telling you exactly how many there were? Did that hurt your feelings? Also, you could have looked it up before posting. Would have taken you about 30 seconds.

Icelin said:
Alright Berserk guru, I am just saying when those chapters came out there was a whole craze about Pirates of the Carribean was happening.

The episodes concerned were actually published a few years after the Pirates of the Caribbean "trilogy" was concluded and, for most of them, before the fourth movie came out. So I'm not sure there was much of a "craze" at that specific time. Anyhow, when people read the story in 20 years you can be sure that no one will associate the two. And on a side note, I like it when you call me "Berserk guru". :casca:

Icelin said:
It probably felt extra drawn out for me because the manga has been published on an irregular schedule for quite a while.

Probably, yeah. It's still being published on an irregular schedule though, so like I told SamNeillium you'd better adjust to it, else you won't enjoy much of what's to come.

Icelin said:
So a long wait in between.... to fight more pirates!

That's quite a reductive and deprecatory way to describe the past 3 volumes.

Icelin said:

I was replying to SamNeillium here, not to you. Regardless, you'll call them how we tell you to call them on this forum, or your posts will be removed.

Icelin said:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And everyone is entitled to correct you if you're mistaken. That's how it goes on a discussion forum. Better get used to it.

Icelin said:
I was mistaken, shove my nose in it.

He simply provided you with information you could have found on your own after you saw me reminding someone else about it. Sounds to me like you're just being ridiculously thin-skinned here. Can't anyone challenge what you say, when you willingly admit yourself that you aren't making the effort to search for information before posting about something?

Icelin said:
Thank you, I don't see why that was so hard to answer.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

It was no harder for you to find the information yourself. It's a habit worth taking to.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Icelin said:
I don't see why that was so hard to answer. I'll make a note of it to not ask any Berserk questions here since it's so intolerable.
Your questions were answered by Sam within 30 minutes of your post, so please don't misinterpret things. It was everything else in your post that caused such a disturbance and required addressing.

It'd be great to get back on topic now, guys.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
They said on a facebook page that they should release other pictures of part III Advent at some point soon. I wonder what glimpse we're gonna get this time...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
They said on a facebook page that they should release other pictures of part III Advent at some point soon. I wonder what glimpse we're gonna get this time...
Speaking of which, I mentioned it on Twitter, but forgot to post it here. Hirasawa will perform Aria live on NicoNico 11/22 and there will be some new footage shown from movie 3. Unsure if it's subscribers only, but it probably is.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:

Wyald? The Bakiraka? :schnoz:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
Speaking of which, I mentioned it on Twitter, but forgot to post it here. Hirasawa will perform Aria live on NicoNico 11/22 and there will be some new footage shown from movie 3. Unsure if it's subscribers only, but it probably is.

Yeah I forgot to mentioned that part since I don't have access to facebook right now (tehy said something about that too)
Aazealh said:

That, I would be happy to see my friend! Though I'm not setting any expectations just in case I get disappointed

Aazealh said:
That would be awesome, but I think that they won't have enough time to show them properly. So my guess is that it will be either a total act of disappearance on their part, or they will get very little screen time.
Maybe they'll follow the 90s anime's idea in that regard?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
That, I would be happy to see my friend! Though I'm not setting any expectations just in case I get disappointed
Arles said:
That would be awesome, but I think that they won't have enough time to show them properly. So my guess is that it will be either a total act of disappearance on their part, or they will get very little screen time.

Agreed, I'm also quite pessimistic about it. Considering the first two movies my expectations for the third are pretty much inexistent anyway. A man can dream, though.

I've lowered my expectations so far for the third film (and the second for that matter) that I might even end up being mildly surprised.

Top Bottom