Berserk Saga Project News

Aazealh said:
Have you bought them?
No I read the manga off the internet.

Aazealh said:
Regardless, you'll call them how we tell you to call them on this forum, or your posts will be removed.
Sounds more like a dictatorship then a community.

Aazealh said:
Sounds to me like you're just being ridiculously thin-skinned here.
Sounds to me like you want to keep justifying underminding me, I asked a question and I got answered in a rude manner. End of story.

You even admit to why, several times...
Aazealh said:
Also, you could have looked it up before posting. Would have taken you about 30 seconds.
Aazealh said:
..with information you could have found on your own..
Aazealh said:
..when you willingly admit yourself that you aren't making the effort to search for information before posting about something?
Aazealh said:
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

It was no harder for you to find the information yourself. It's a habit worth taking to.

Yes I understand that I can look up my own information, I don't see what you don't understand that a forum is for people to communicate. That if I wanted to seek information about Berserk, I would go look at websites. Since I wanted to talk about it, I am on a Berserk forum. It astounds me that you can't comprehend that and have such a problem with it.

We need an icon of a Berserk character eating popcorn...

Also am I the only one who felt like the pirate saga was so drawn out in the manga? I am relieved it's over, I can't help but feel like the creator probably got a lot of influence from the Pirates of the Caribbean.
I hope I won't steal anybody's thunder by asking but, if you make no attempts to support the author financially, why do you bother to complain about the series at all?

/edit Whoops, I guess you won't be responding. It was rhetorical anyway...

Oh, this one will fit right in here, I tells ya :ganishka:

:schierke:

Icelin said:
No I read the manga off the internet.
Sounds more like a dictatorship then a community.
Sounds to me like you want to keep justifying underminding me, I asked a question and I got answered in a rude manner. End of story.

You even admit to why, several times...
Yes I understand that I can look up my own information, I don't see what you don't understand that a forum is for people to communicate. That if I wanted to seek information about Berserk, I would go look at websites. Since I wanted to talk about it, I am on a Berserk forum. It astounds me that you can't comprehend that and have such a problem with it.

After being reprimanded several times by the admins, majority of even the naive or ignorant posters usually admit their errors and avoid repeating them. And yet for all their considerate behavior, you not only continue to insult the intelligence of your fellow forum members, but to top it all off, you brazenly admit to a theft of intellectual property. Even if you may not feel like respecting this forum, there are still no excuses whatsoever for disrespecting Kentarou Miura himself and stealing his work
miura.gif

Moving along...

BerserkMJM said:
They could always jam Wyald into the eclipse!

Doesn't Guts lay waste to a couple of those guys anyway?

:troll:

As much as I really hope Wyald is retained in all of his barbaric glory as the main pursuit of the Hawks from Wyndham (Hopefully they won't escape with Griffith that easily) I think including him as a part of the Eclipse would at least be a nice nod to the source. If volume 11 is severely truncated, I hope this is what they do.

I will be severely pissed if they fight their way out of the tower only to fade to black and then cut to them in the meadow explaining to the Hawks just how handicapped Griffith is. The fight with the bakiraka and Wyald is one of the most personal battles the Hawks have, and shows them all working as a team one last time. Judea in the tunnel, Pippen holding the black dogs back, the booby traps along the way, Guts trying out his training against a massive apostle.

Plus it makes the sacrifice that much more heartbreaking after the Hawks have struggled so much to save him. :judo:

I hope that extra time they're putting into the film reflects at least some of it...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:
As much as I really hope Wyald is retained in all of his barbaric glory as the main pursuit of the Hawks from Wyndham (Hopefully they won't escape with Griffith that easily) I think including him as a part of the Eclipse would at least be a nice nod to the source. If volume 11 is severely truncated, I hope this is what they do.

I will be severely pissed if they fight their way out of the tower only to fade to black and then cut to them in the meadow explaining to the Hawks just how handicapped Griffith is. The fight with the bakiraka and Wyald is one of the most personal battles the Hawks have, and shows them all working as a team one last time.

I don't know... I think I'd rather not see it at all than have a bastardized version that's unlikely, given what we've seen so far, to be faithful in any way to the characters and/or original events. Not that everything featured isn't already bastardized in a way, but still.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
How long do you think the eclipse will be spent on? It was 2 part in the old anime if I'm not wrong? (been a while I watched it so it's not fresh in my memory)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
How long do you think the eclipse will be spent on? It was 2 part in the old anime if I'm not wrong? (been a while I watched it so it's not fresh in my memory)

Yes, the last 2 episodes. As for how long it'll be in the movie... Pretty long I guess? But less than half of the movie.

jackson_hurley said:
How long do you think the eclipse will be spent on?

Being that the movie is going to run 130 minutes, I would lean towards a bare minimum of 30-45mins.

ApostleBob said:

I will be severely pissed if they fight their way out of the tower only to fade to black and then cut to them in the meadow explaining to the Hawks just how handicapped Griffith is. The fight with the bakiraka and Wyald is one of the most personal battles the Hawks have, and shows them all working as a team one last time. Judea in the tunnel, Pippen holding the black dogs back, the booby traps along the way, Guts trying out his training against a massive apostle.

If 4c came out and said they wouldn't be continuing the Project, I would put money on them including Wylad. But if we are assuming that the Black Swordsman and Lost Children Arcs are next, then I would think the studio would focused more time and effort on characters and scenes that play more important parts later down the road. But that isn't to take away from the valuable experience the battle with Wylad gave Guts. Without it, I'd doubt he would've survived as long as he did during the Eclipse.

Aazealh said:
Yes, the last 2 episodes. As for how long it'll be in the movie... Pretty long I guess? But less than half of the movie.

Actually I think the eclipse itself happens as the end of the third to last episode. Which makes the pen pals ridiculous music in episode 24 even more inappropriate before we cut to what is essentially a hellish dimension. :serpico:

But the entire 24th episode of the anime is spent explaining the eclipse, who the god hand are, the sacrifice, and tempting griffith. The whole apostle feast and massacre of the Hawks has it's own episode devoted to it. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the build up and dialogue from the 12th volume and 24th episode of the anime are summarized for the films run time. There's a ton of ground to cover, but then again, without an appropriate amount of time devoted, the audience could be confused as hell since the Eclipse does kind of come out of nowhere. There are a lot of hints, but still I've never heard anyone claim that it was predictable. Not to say unpredictability is a bad thing.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I think since they seem to like to put "more" on the visuals than on the story (which should be as important as the visuals) the explaining will be terribly butchered and they will put a big focus on the slaughtering... I hope I'm wrong on that feeling.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
If 4c came out and said they wouldn't be continuing the Project, I would put money on them including Wylad. But if we are assuming that the Black Swordsman and Lost Children Arcs are next, then I would think the studio would focused more time and effort on characters and scenes that play more important parts later down the road. But that isn't to take away from the valuable experience the battle with Wylad gave Guts.

I don't think that's a good way to approach the question. It's not like they'll use the time they didn't spend on Wyald to more carefully craft something else, or at least I highly doubt it given their treatment of the series so far. And at this point I'm not sure they know how long the project will go on for.

ApostleBob said:
Actually I think the eclipse itself happens as the end of the third to last episode.

The beherit awakens within the very last seconds of episode 23, yes.

ApostleBob said:
There's a ton of ground to cover, but then again, without an appropriate amount of time devoted, the audience could be confused as hell since the Eclipse does kind of come out of nowhere. There are a lot of hints, but still I've never heard anyone claim that it was predictable.

There are a lot of hints in the manga, where the Occultation ceremony is the grandiose explanation to a question the reader's been asking himself for 9 volumes. In the movies it's another story; it's likely to feel even more unexpected than it was in the TV series.

I really want Wyald and the Bakiraka to be in it due to their absence in the TV anime. Well, unless they are just jerky 3-D models :schnoz:. But I have a feeling they are going to either truncate it heavily or reduce them to cameos that Guts & Co mow down in mere minutes.

I also expect much of the exposition to be heavily truncated/ I won't say "butchered" just yet in the vain hope that is not so. But we all know that Movie 3 will heavily lean toward action sequences against lackluster 3-D models and milk both the Guts/Casca sex scene and Griffith/Casca rape sequence for all they're worth. Of course, the post-Eclipse material featuring Casca's madness, the Demon Child, Godo & Co, SkullKnight, Guts' gear, Guts' remorse and subsequent birth of the Black Swordsman persona, and the prelude to Guts' wandering apostle hunt will all be crammed into roughly seven minutes of closing footage.

just a couple of tidbits for the NA release of the first film first I finally saw a listing for the first film being available for purchase on Nov 27th(its a site for Canada but the release date's the same)

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/dvd/Berserk-Golden-Age-Arc-Egg/782009242475-item.html?ikwid=berserk+king&ikwsec=Movies+%26+TV

and the Facebook page for the first film lists a photo that advertises the dubbed version of the first film being broadcast on Neon alley(a streaming service for pS3 owners) on October 28th

http://www.facebook.com/BerserkFilm?ref=ts&fref=ts

Anyone going to New York Comic Con? They will be showing the first movie. I will be attending (if my ticket comes in on time!) in my Berserk costume. If there are any new details or information about anything you better believe I will report.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's interesting. First off, I probably shouldn't be so pleased that they're writing "Kentarou" properly but I just can't help myself. Second, there's a lot of information in that trailer. The narration is somewhat inane but the footage we're shown reveals a lot. We see Griffith being transformed into Femto and I'm curious to see the full sequence of that. They obviously didn't follow the original material to a T but at least it doesn't look too bad visually (I frown at Griffith's nipples though). That being said I wish they'd hinted at the Idea of Evil and I don't think having Griffith transform into Femto instantly by splashing down is a good idea, but at this point I'm just thankful we aren't getting the Eclipse sequence from the PS2 game.

We also see the Skull Knight fighting with Zodd, the solar eclipse happening from space (not sure that adds much to the moment, actually, I'd say it detracts from it), Guts & Casca dancing together at the ball (really?). It also seems Griffith is there when Casca goes back to find Guts after the hundred men slaying battle, which is an odd choice on their part. And finally there's Guts being possessed by a specter, after coming out of the cave and before the birth of the Demon Child.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gotta say, nearly every clip from movie 3 in that trailer excited me. It looks like good stuff, visually.

Aazealh said:
at this point I'm just thankful we aren't getting the Eclipse sequence from the PS2 game.
:ganishka: (for the uninitiated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM9U_ZlCPhM)

the solar eclipse happening from space (not sure that adds much to the moment, actually, I'd say it detracts from it),
Felt the same. It actually indirectly pairs the significance of this event with Fantasia's birth, which is just a little bonkers...

And finally there's Guts being possessed by a specter, after coming out of the cave and before the birth of the Demon Child.
Yep, another exciting moment I didn't expect to see animated in this thing.

Y N Brighter? ,that video seems a bit dark or maybe my monitor isnt calibrated correctly..well aniway that narration :troll:
but overall visually it looks really neet. Im kinda satisfied,with how things are looking for 3rd part and i hope people who have seen 1st and 2nd wont give up on 3rd

Top Bottom