Berserk Saga Project News

Seeing SK in motion has gotten me that little bit excited, I hope we see a well animated stand off between him and Zodd. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a proper trailer for the third film soon, after having seen this.

One thing that keeps frustrating me though, I wish they would give up with this crappy dropped framerate thing they keep doing. I noticed that they've used that effect again for when Guts is walking away in the snow after the duel with Griffith.

Keeping with the theme, I could definitely do without the narrator. It was refreshing to see some scenes from movie 2 and 3 though.

What struck me as odd was 2:44-45, it looked like Guts was being possessed by a demon or something. Similar to the demons he'll encounter at night after the Eclipse. Could just be the studio taking dramatic license with Guts being branded, even so it looked weird.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
What struck me as odd was 2:44-45, it looked like Guts was being possessed by a demon or something. Similar to the demons he'll encounter at night after the Eclipse. Could just be the studio taking dramatic license with Guts being branded, even so it looked weird.

If you read my comment a little earlier, you'll find that I mentioned that specific part, and it's indeed an excerpt from the scene you're thinking of, after Guts wakes up and leaves the cave, running straight ahead.

Aazealh said:
If you read my comment a little earlier, you'll find that I mentioned that specific part, and it's indeed an excerpt from the scene you're thinking of, after Guts wakes up and leaves the cave, running straight ahead.
Pays to do my homework I guess, appreciated Aazealh.

WTF? I just watched the youtube trailer posted here by Puppet12. Am I seeing things or did it show Guts dancing at the ballroom? I haven't seen the second movie yet but I'm guessing this is another inconsistency.

PS, just got volume 36 from Amazon the other day. As some mentioned on the current episodes thread it looks thinner than other volumes. I'm hoping that the content is filling (enough to last me another year). I don't read the scanned episodes so this will be new material for me (can't wait to read it after work).

Guts_100 said:
WTF? I just watched the youtube trailer posted here by Puppet12. Am I seeing things or did it show Guts dancing at the ballroom?

Yep, they do end up outside though, seems like a treat to the fans if you ask me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts_100 said:
PS, just got volume 36 from Amazon the other day. As some mentioned on the current episodes thread it looks thinner than other volumes.
It's one episode less than normal (9 instead of 10), but it's not that much thinner.... I took a comparison shot here for reference: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=7043.msg215009#msg215009

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts_100 said:
WTF? I just watched the youtube trailer posted here by Puppet12. Am I seeing things or did it show Guts dancing at the ballroom? I haven't seen the second movie yet but I'm guessing this is another inconsistency.

Yes it is, and I pointed it out in a post a few hours ago as well. Doesn't really fit their characters, both of them not being at ease at all in that situation.

JoeZeon said:
Yep, they do end up outside though, seems like a treat to the fans if you ask me.

The kind of treat you give your neighbor's dog to poison it.

Ahahahaha, for sure buds =). I just noticed Viz released a 1080p version (I used the berserkfilmtv youtube channels vid which was 720p and kinda pixelated). I'll convert another one over night using the 1080p rip. And upload tomorrow morning.

I go to sleep now... dreaming of Berserk and Susumu~~~~

AYYYYY YAAAAA YAAAAA!

Oh and PS, not sure if this was mentioned already, but the JPN Bluray/DVD is up for preorder on CDJapan now. Of course, limited edition art by Miura of Griffith that was posted here earlier is still available. Buy buy buy. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPXV-71220

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Femto777 said:
Great trailer we got to see are dark purple Femto

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that in my earlier post. Doesn't look the right color to me. :femto:

Femto-color.jpg

Femto777 said:
I was wondering who that was at the 2:34 mark and I reliesed its Ubik :ubik:

I don't think it's Ubik, it looks like Griffith plunging "underwater".

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Oh man. Skull Knight looks awesome! :badbone:

the 3rd movie footage looks great, and it makes the first movie look bad in comparison. It's nice to see that movie 3 will get to the Demon child most likely at the cost of Wyald or the Bakiraka (or both?). Wyald needs to be in this movie!!! :mozgus:

Oh the potential..
berserk-1557163-1.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
It's nice to see that movie 3 will get to the Demon child most likely at the cost of Wyald or the Bakiraka (or both?).

Let's not get ahead of yourself, for now we don't know whether the Demon Child will be shown or not.

To be fair this does seem to be the right color, or at least very close to it.
And let's not forget that the faces on the floor are also blue, unlike the anime in which they were red.
7Toyu.png

Edit: Ugh I just realized you were being sarcastic, nevermind.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SrCraneo said:
To be fair this does seem to be the right color, or at least very close to it.

That's not indicative of anything. This sequence is when Griffith's spiritual self falls down to the abyss, at which point he becomes Femto. The entire segment uses a special treatment and is mostly in a sort of black and white, so it's not representative of Femto's actual color. The part I pointed out (and posted) over shows Femto right as he's being "born", and he certainly isn't the right color there.

SrCraneo said:
And let's not forget that the faces on the floor are also blue, unlike the anime in which they were red.

That's true, but everything seems to have a dark blue hue in that sequence, even Casca and the others are tinted like that. Besides, the color of the faces on the ground isn't a sure indication of Femto's color. Furthermore, I certainly didn't mind them being red, and given that the place gets quickly covered in blood so it's somewhat appropriate. Not to mention that volume 13's cover has an overall orange-ish tint. Maybe it's just a filter they're applying to the scenes before the birth (dark blue)/after the birth (reddish), but it could also simply be that they chose to use the wrong color for both Femto and the surroundings.

Aazealh said:
That's not indicative of anything. This sequence is when Griffith's spiritual self falls down to the abyss, at which point he becomes Femto. The entire segment uses a special treatment and is mostly in a sort of black and white, so it's not representative of Femto's actual color. The part I pointed out (and posted) over shows Femto right as he's being "born", and he certainly isn't the right color there.

Neither one looks very clear to me, they're a bit too washed out or dark to give a clear indication on the colour they have chosen for Femto. Hopefully, it's more indicative of the correct colour in the following scenes.

Top Bottom