Berserk Saga Project News

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Aazealh said:
It's not weird, it's like you said: just not the same public. Same guys who loved Transformers 2 and Resident Evil: Extinction. Needless to say, these are also probably not going to become big fans of the manga.

I have a hard time going back and watching the original anime just because it lacks a lot of the darker fantasy elements the comic dives into, especially towards the Eclipse. It's also aged poorly and the dialog is awful. Regardless, it got me into the comic. This new series might be even more loose with the story, and the animation has fits of terribleness (i.e. anytime everything switches to CGI), but I wouldn't doubt its ability to turn people on to the manga.

edit: what i'm saying is the berserk movie is a gateway drug

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MrWeatherby said:
I wouldn't doubt its ability to turn people on to the manga.

I stand by what I said: I don't think the people who laughed at Adonis' death in the movie are going to become big fans of the manga.

Aazealh said:
I stand by what I said: I don't think the people who laughed at Adonis' death in the movie are going to become big fans of the manga.

I would still classify the films as an advert for the manga, albeit a horrible and inaccurate advert but it still has potential to bring new people on board. I remember thinking how good the original anime was until I read the manga, looking back on it, I don't have any regrets about watching the anime as it opened the door to draw me into the manga. Much like me, anyone who joins a forum based on their interest in the movies will soon become educated.

Walter said:
That reminds me, we should already know about the so-called dance scene. It's in movie 2, right? We've had members here who have seen movie 2... They should weigh in on this!

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, the scene with Casca and Guts dancing in the ballroom was in the second movie. It was just like the movie Titanic, where the two of them hold hands and spin around..... for an uncomfortably long time. Seriously, that scene felt really long and overstayed its welcome. Couldn't help but wonder how they could make the ball scene so long, but not be able to spare any time for Zodd. :badbone:

Any other questions, please let me know! :casca:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
StarKodama said:
Sorry for the late reply! Yes, the scene with Casca and Guts dancing in the ballroom was in the second movie. It was just like the movie Titanic, where the two of them hold hands and spin around..... for an uncomfortably long time. Seriously, that scene felt really long and overstayed its welcome. Couldn't help but wonder how they could make the ball scene so long, but not be able to spare any time for Zodd. :badbone:

Makes me feel sick.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
I would still classify the films as an advert for the manga, albeit a horrible and inaccurate advert but it still has potential to bring new people on board.

Maybe, but it's not what my point was about.

StarKodama said:

Any other questions, please let me know! :casca:

I have a question! :ubik:

I've heard very different things regarding characters like Judeau and Rickert in the second movie. Some people say they're treated basically the same as they were in the first movie: very minor characters with just a few lines here and there. While some people say it's even worse in the second movie, and that they're completely ignored. And then there are some other people that say a couple of them are brought out from the background a little bit and made into slightly more distinct characters this time around.

I want to believe the last one is true, but I have a really hard time believing it based on what's been cut...

SamNeillium said:
And then there are some other people that say a couple of them are brought out from the background a little bit and made into slightly more distinct characters this time around.

I want to believe the last one is true, but I have a really hard time believing it based on what's been cut...

Yeah, maybe Judeau was juggling his knifes or something at the ball scene, wouldn't be surprised :ganishka:

SamNeillium said:
I have a question! :ubik:

I've heard very different things regarding characters like Judeau and Rickert in the second movie. Some people say they're treated basically the same as they were in the first movie: very minor characters with just a few lines here and there. While some people say it's even worse in the second movie, and that they're completely ignored. And then there are some other people that say a couple of them are brought out from the background a little bit and made into slightly more distinct characters this time around.

Hey there! It's been months since we saw it so my report shouldn't be considered 100% accurate, but my husband and I seem to agree that there were slightly more scenes of Judeau etc talking and fleshing out their characters... but not much at all.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Well I'm late to this whole thing, partly because I've lost interest, but also partly because I'm surprised at how darn long it's taking them to release the movies on Blu-ray. I can't believe I last saw the first movie in June. Geez.

Anyway I won't beat a dead horse, other than to chime in with the popular annoyances. I have to give them credit for one thing though: the visuals for the 3rd movie look really good. I'm excited for the Eclipse.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Both Clara and her general Berserk Twitter counterpart have been silent for the past 12 days. Hmmm....

https://twitter.com/Clara_de_Porras
https://twitter.com/berserk_project

Walter said:
Both Clara and her general Berserk Twitter counterpart have been silent for the past 12 days. Hmmm....

https://twitter.com/Clara_de_Porras
https://twitter.com/berserk_project

I realized that too, I think the next tweet is going to be big news for those following the project

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
I realized that too, I think the next twitter is going to be big news for those following the project
It seems like a long time for these chatterboxes to stay so silent, but I think it's probably just a lull in their news cycle. Movie II isn't due out for BluRay/DVD release until December, as I recall, and they _just_ released a new trailer for Movie III, so...

DirectDK said:
Oh and PS, not sure if this was mentioned already, but the JPN Bluray/DVD is up for preorder on CDJapan now. Of course, limited edition art by Miura of Griffith that was posted here earlier is still available. Buy buy buy. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPXV-71220
Pre-ordered *PHEW*

Thanks for the link! I completely missed seeing this.

Guess they created a bunch of CG assets for that ballroom scene and then felt the need to get all they could out of them.That's a real problem with CG. Once you create something and can cycle it from any angle (like a dance) it makes laziness verrrryy tempting.

I haven't been too pissed off with the adaption yet, as I tend to be lenient, but getting rid of the bonfire of dreams scene is a real shame. That's a great bit, one where the original anime really shone, and could have really strengthened the overall theme of the movie. Poor decision making.

Not exactly a major news update, but the official Facebook page has uploaded a new image of more artwork files to be released.

69553_459215020796555_867882225_n.jpg

The two right hand images look new to me. Or at least, I can't recall seeing them before. :???:

JezzaX said:
Not exactly a major news update, but the official Facebook page has uploaded a new image of more artwork files to be released.

69553_459215020796555_867882225_n.jpg

The two right hand images look new to me. Or at least, I can't recall seeing them before. :???:

As far as I know the one all the way on the right is new, and 'from afar' I dont think it's from Miura but I could be wrong.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
jackalj said:
As far as I know the one all the way on the right is new, and 'from afar' I dont think it's from Miura but I could be wrong.
The one on the far right seems to be a colored version of an image from volume 10 (Sneaking into/Infiltrating Windham (2)), though Charlotte's face and hair seem to be a bit different. Maybe the movie folks are doctoring artwork for the movie? :ganishka: Also, I know that I've seen the one to its left somewhere before, but I'm not completely sure where. :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
The one on the far right seems to be a colored version of an image from volume 10 (Sneaking into/Infiltrating Windham (2)), though Charlotte's face and hair seem to be a bit different. Maybe the movie folks are doctoring artwork for the movie? :ganishka:

I'm pretty sure some guy just recreated the scene with his own style. It's not a simple coloring though, that's for sure.

Grail said:
Also, I know that I've seen the one to its left somewhere before, but I'm not completely sure where. :judo:

It's from volume 9, episode 37 (first one of the volume). When Guts reminisces about his time with the Band of the Falcon. Redone as well.

Top Bottom