Berserk Saga Project News

Quite simply the best looking of the three films, it looks like there should be a fair amount packed in, but that raises the question is there too much packed in? But then, I still have high doubts over Wyald being included.

:ubik:

I only wish the trailer of the first movie had sold us on this series so well, all this wouldn't be so bitter sweet.

The third Berserk movie trailer is fantastic to say the least.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Nice trailer but.. I couldn't enjoy it because I was waiting for Wyald to pop up. I guess it's about time to put those foolish thoughts to rest.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty neat stuff. I guess one of the advantages of 3D (and using computers in general) is that you can fix stuff rather easily even late during production.

Truder said:
Nice trailer but.. I couldn't enjoy it because I was waiting for Wyald to pop up. I guess it's about time to put those foolish thoughts to rest.

Indeed. Hey, at least Silat's in it. Still, I'm curious to see how they'll handle the whole rescue segment. I'm not expecting to see both Wyald and the Bakiraka, but I wish we'd at least get one of the two.

Feels so unreal that its finally being done with this kind of quality. Oh and just cause there's no footage of Wyald doesn't mean he won't be included does it? :farnese: I'm totally in denial right now.... Seriously they CAN'T LEAVE HIM OUT. They finally gave this another shot PLEASE DON'T FUCK IT UP AGAIN! :judo:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
I'm not expecting to see both Wyald and the Bakiraka, but I wish we'd at least get one of the two.

Well I think if they have to put one of the two in the movie it'd be the Bakiraka since the fight with them is less long then the one with Wyald. Of course it would be fun to see Wyald in it but considering that there is gonna be a lot of monster action in the movie I don't think they would put him in it. Anyway just my opinion. Very nice trailer though!

Mind blown :???:

There's gonna be some epic scenes that's for sure :ubik:.

After that fiasco with the first movie, and probably with the 2nd also, they are going all out with the "last one". The new posters are also fantastic, a real work of art, can't compare them with those crappy ones for the movies 1 & 2.

So far so good... looks like the eclipse is gonna be done a good deal of justice. :femto:

My big concern is still the escape from Wyndom, since we have seen nothing even hinting that it occurs. I fear that we might get a fade to black after they escape from the tower and then we're at the prairie scene where everyone despairs. Hope I'm wrong.

I think one thing that gives this trailer such a menacing feeling is the lack of speech, there's literally nothing said by any of the characters throughout the entire trailer up until Guts screams.

JezzaX said:
I think one thing that gives this trailer such a menacing feeling is the lack of speech, there's literally nothing said by any of the characters throughout the entire trailer up until Guts screams.

Now we just need a version with the Disney narrator. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
JackQ said:
trailer was epic,but very spoilery.... I wouldn't recommend for the "soft" fans to watch because of that.
If people are concerned about spoilers in Berserk, they probably shouldn't be (aren't) browsing this forum.

What did you guys think of the CG? It bothered me at first, because it was so glaringly used, but I think it's tolerable.

Aazealh said:
Hey, at least Silat's in it. Still, I'm curious to see how they'll handle the whole rescue segment. I'm not expecting to see both Wyald and the Bakiraka, but I wish we'd at least get one of the two.
There's a strong possibility that the Eclipse stuff could wow me beyond caring about such things :void:

Walter said:
If people are concerned about spoilers in Berserk, they probably shouldn't be (aren't) browsing this forum.

What did you guys think of the CG? It bothered me at first, because it was so glaringly used, but I think it's tolerable.
There's a strong possibility that the Eclipse stuff could wow me beyond caring about such things :void:

The thought of all the CG still bothers me. Full disclosure: I haven't wanted to watch the trailer a 2nd time, largely because I was not enjoying all the CG. Fuller disclosure: I wasn't bothered much by the inferior CG when I saw the first movie in full, so I expect it won't bother me when I am watching the 3rd movie either. I just didn't like the trailer too much.

JackQ said:
trailer was epic,but very spoilery.... I wouldn't recommend for the "soft" fans to watch because of that.

Well, I did think it had a lot of spoilers too for a trailer. It will ruin some of the surprise to newcomers of the series.

As far as looks, even though visually it's seems the best out of all three movies, it's still very inconsistent to me. I can't believe how many people now seem to think the CGI is alright. For me, every time I notice it, it takes me out of the moment. But oh well, I still hope overall it will be a decent adaptation.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Nice, the CG in motion looks so much better in this movie (from the trailer at least). I also gotta hand it to whoever designed the latest poster. That's how it should be done. :femto:

The CG seems to be gradually improving. In the first film, it had moments where it was a little jarring, but nowhere near as much as the staggered framerate in Casca's flashback scene in the second film, that's a real animation issue to me.

With time the CG will blend well enough with the 2D that you would rarely notice it. If they could take cues from the people behind Initial D and use the CG to animate mostly inanimate objects or only when it is completely necessary it would make for a better experience. In this trailer though, it didn't seem to bother me, since the amount of chaos going on in the eclipse seems to be more apparent with the amount of motion that's coming from each computer animated character.

Headofbowl said:
Definitely time to say goodbye to the hopes of seeing Wyald... :judo:

Well, I'm getting skeptical about movie 3 having Wyald too, but I don't think the fact that it's R15 instead of previously mentioned R18 gives us that much more insight either way. The latest trailer shows some pretty gory things. And according to one of the forum posts on ann:

R15 (Teenagers 15 and Above May Go Unsupervised)
Examples: Battle Royale, Saw franchise, Sweeney Todd, The Descent, 300, Kill Bill

R18
Examples: Lust, Caution, Ai no Corrida, Eastern Promises, Eyes Wide Shut, Jackass: The Movie, Bully

Those movies listed in the R15 category aren't exactly what I call tame movies.

Anyhow, I'm still hoping for Wyald on my end, even though I know the chances are slim since he doesn't make an appearance in the latest trailer. Speaking of which, where is that 1080p official version?! =P

Top Bottom