Berserk Saga Project News

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Aazealh said:
Liking the character or not isn't the issue here. Don't try and use that to make yourself look rational and reasonable when in reality you have no arguments.

Laughable. Guts breaks his sword during the escape against soldiers, Griffith finally snaps when he realizes he was his own undoing by the words Guts overheard, Skullknight cryptically mentions the Eclipse, and how the Egg of the King functions is well enough inferred by Griffith's failed suicide and mental collapse.

There, I just took care of everything Wyald did for the story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MrWeatherby said:
Guts breaks his sword during the escape against soldiers, Griffith finally snaps when he realizes he was his own undoing by the words Guts overheard, Skullknight cryptically mentions the Eclipse, and how the Egg of the King functions is well enough inferred by Griffith's failed suicide and mental collapse.

Laughable is the word, yes. You "took care" of nothing. Everything can done away with when you approach it this mindlessly. But as exemplified by the first two movies, the result then sucks. Just like the escape scene in the TV series sucked. I guess that's not a problem for you, but unfortunately it is for some other people. I sure as hell wouldn't want to read your version of Berserk.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Aazealh said:
Laughable is the word, yes. You "took care" of nothing. Everything can done away with when you approach it this mindlessly. But as exemplified by the first two movies, the result then sucks. Just like the escape scene in the TV series sucked. I guess that's not a problem for you, but unfortunately it is for some other people.

Be aware that the narrative structure of a comic and that of a film are two totally different things, and that when the pre-production process starts for an adaptation the value of "important" plot elements begins to be reassigned. This is to say nothing of the time in which you have to build worlds in either.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to read your version of Berserk.

You would literally read the same comic because not once did I say anything about altering the books themselves.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MrWeatherby said:
Be aware that the narrative structure of a comic and that of a film are two totally different things, and that when the pre-production process starts for an adaptation the value of "important" plot elements begins to be reassigned.

You don't say?! :schierke: Yes, thank you very much I am aware of this, as I have told the legion of armchair filmmaking experts who've reiterated ad nauseam in this thread, for most before they even saw a trailer, that any and every change made to the story would be 100% appropriate and absolutely necessary because of the differences between the media. However, as it was made glaringly obvious by the first two movies, the removal of many story elements and cutting down of the remaining ones to bare bones did not help the pacing. And removing even more stuff wouldn't have helped either, because that's not where the problem lies.

Aside from that, I fully understand that there are time constraints, but if anything the production is to blame for not having had any foresight when they planned the adaptation. Going from a single movie to a trilogy and even then still not realizing until they were halfway through that they'd bit way more than they could chew? Is that professional? I made my stance clear from the very beginning on the format they'd chosen (that it would be a mess) and so far I believe I was unfortunately correct. We'll see if third time's the charm, but I remain dubious, as I've said on the latest podcast.

In conclusion, I'm not saying a movie without Wyald will inevitably be terrible, but that I honestly believe it will be lessened by his omission (not just the character himself but everything in that part of the story), just like the other movies were lessened by other omissions. Especially if they end up replacing his segment with a nondescript one that turns out to be half as long as the real thing would have been anyway. Can't wait to see Guts break his sword on some random guy's shield. What a badass.

MrWeatherby said:
You would literally read the same comic because not once did I say anything about altering the books themselves.

You didn't say so, but your line of argumentation about how little Wyald did for the story ("nothing about him was really essential"), how easily that segment's exclusion could be palliated and how those wishing for it to be featured are only motivated by their love of the character seem to go beyond the scope of the movie adaptation.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Aazealh said:
as I have told the legion of armchair filmmaking experts who've reiterated ad nauseam in this thread

QKCFy.jpg

Oh Aazealh, I love it when you talk ad hominem to me.

You didn't say so, but your line of argumentation about how little Wyald did for the story

Yep. So it's perfectly reasonable to make an exaggerated assumption that given the core material I would strike Wyald from the record. Perfectly normal, perfectly reasonable.

edit: this is also pretty pointless, much like all arguments where neither side gives an inch. So whatever, you can think whatever you want about my opinion and me for that matter, but I'm not going to exhaust myself on an argument to nowhere.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Be aware that the narrative structure of a comic and that of a film are two totally different things
Please be aware that we have all heard this crap over the past 2 years from people trying to validate changes made in the adaptation process. But I wouldn't wish anyone to read through all 100 pages of it. That being said, I think you picked a pretty poor example in trying to justify Wyald as a "good" exclusion.

MrWeatherby said:
Laughable. Guts breaks his sword during the escape against soldiers, Griffith finally snaps when he realizes he was his own undoing by the words Guts overheard, Skullknight cryptically mentions the Eclipse, and how the Egg of the King functions is well enough inferred by Griffith's failed suicide and mental collapse.

Well, at least you tried to cover your bases, but you're still minimizing what Volume 11 brings to the table. It's the first time Guts sees the vortex of souls, and also introduces us to the notion that apostles return to human after they are killed.

But to me, Wyald's importance is more than just these. The battle against him demonstrates just how far Guts has come as a human, while also setting the stage for the Eclipse. Taking down Wyald took everything Guts had, and that was just one apostle. How about when a horde of apostles arrive?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MrWeatherby said:
Oh Aazealh, I love it when you talk ad hominem to me.

You realize that I wasn't referring to you in that particular sentence?

MrWeatherby said:
Yep. So it's perfectly reasonable to make an exaggerated assumption that given the core material I would strike Wyald from the record. Perfectly normal, perfectly reasonable.

It's hardly exaggerated. And maybe you should have worded your opinion more carefully if you didn't want people to come to that conclusion.

jackalj said:
Anyone recorded the show?

No but got some low quality movie 2 pics. Also do yourself a favor and do not watch that broadcast no matter what if you're a fan of the epic song that is Aria.
Some submissions had it singing it in baby voice
Some had it with ridiculous drawings that although some were funny, Aria is not a song for funny drawings! Seriously!
And the worst was some American/European woman who sang Aria while doing a thai dance and although her lyrics seemed good to me Aria being sung in that voice was just ehh... need to erase it from memory asap

Here are the pics, resolution is bad but that's all I could get

j7wc5t.jpg

23m0vbc.jpg

ofaavl.jpg

8xisrq.jpg

Edi

Sorry for my bad English...
SuperVegetto said:
No it's over, don't think it can be watched again
I can watch again. :)
"This program can be viewed on timeshift.
usage period ends: 2012/11/24(SAT) 06:33:28"

Here you have a new scene from the second movie: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv110300877#2:38:33 Charlotte+Griffith(boob grabbing :carcus:)

Edi said:
I can watch again. :)
"This program can be viewed on timeshift.
usage period ends: 2012/11/24(SAT) 06:33:28"

Here you have a new scene from the second movie: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv110300877#2:38:33 Charlotte+Griffith(boob grabbing :carcus:)

I'm not able to see anything, the video isn't on the page :???:

the blueray for the second movie is coming in a few days now,hopefully they extended it bit,I don't except
the queen to be coming back though
:judo:

With Wyald and his Black Hounds gone, will it be safe to assume that Studio 4°C will simply give some of his lines to Silat and make him be the one giving the Hawks the demoralizing bad news about Griffith's physical condition?

Hmm' I really hope not. Although I suppose that instead of Guts fighting Silat 2x before the rescue, they skip their first encounter at the arms tournament in favor of having Silat pursue the hawks with the rest of the Bakiraka. But I hope not.

Jaze1618 said:
Hmm' I really hope not. although I suppose that Guts fighting Silat 2x before the rescue, they skip their first encounter at the arms tournament in favor of having Silat pursue the hawks with the rest of the Bakiraka. But I hope not.

Yeah, I just can't imagine Silat pulling up Griffith's mutilated and emaciated body in front of the Hawks, and proceeding to describe to them with a sadistic glee every trauma that he had endured during his year-long stay at the Tower of Rebirth. That would be so unlike Silat in any way imaginable. Then again, since Studio 4°C were able to re-make Guts into a ballroom dancer, then certainly, re-making Silat into something very different than what he was in the manga would be an easy matter :sad: :void:

Haha oh wow....she has very sensitive breasts no?? :ganishka:

I know these scenes are all important but I was really feeling that the entire sequence seemed a little ...long. I know that it's important to not rush things but when things are being cut it's more noticable when things seem to drag.

Top Bottom