Berserk Saga Project News

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
For those who preordered the Japanese DVD and BluRay, please leave some detailed reviews of your impressions in this review thread: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13694

The official facebook page has just put these up. I won't attempt to translate the text

59327_470780982973292_2067659538_n.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Those look great. Pretty sure I've seen them before though, and I'm not sure they're official products or will be mass produced. Can't remember.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I've definitely seen those somewhere. I want to say the artofwar website, but can't be sure. I would get the group one in the lower right, just for Pippin. :D

Just picked up my Jap Bluray preorder, its M*****F*****G BERSERK TIME TONIGHT! :ganishka:

Couldnt resist so I opened it here at work. Figured I might as well take some pics while a was at it but just saw that you guys already got that covered in the review thread, Im late as usual, go figure :iva:

Around week after I get mine copy,figures why damn Europe..those chibi figures look cool,i wonder if they would be available as part of us merchandise,they could throw in some Heroism t-shirts too :ganishka:

Femto777

may you bring pain or salvation to mankind
Sorry I haven't commented I had to get my monitor replaced and I was dealing with some things . Any way as far as Charlotte's breasts being oversensitive I simply agree with arrowchild & Death May Die. Also here is some pictures.
story_img_04.jpg

30860_02_l.jpg

story_img_06.jpg

story_img_07.jpg

berserk_1119main-620x263.jpg

f9-620x447.jpg

Hmmm, from that first image it looks like the third film is taking a cue from the anime as far as Charlotte's involvement in the rescue of Griffith. The cue being that she isn't directly involved as she is in the manga. This being the case, it hurts the chances of the bakiraka being involved in the chase. Without her, the scene loses some plot and just becomes an action scene. Then again, it's not as if these films haven't done action for its own sake before.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
Trailer from the end of the second movie http://vimeo.com/55356355
Wow, we get to see quite a bit in that clip. Everyone being branded, for one... That sound effect, while too modern-sounding, I liked.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
We see many things indeed. Like the rescuing party in a wagon while inside Wyndham, meaning no passage through the sewers, so no Bakiraka. There's also a scene between 00:28 and 00:30 with soldiers swarming a position that I imagine will replace Wyald's segment.

I saw on another forum someone posted pics of the more explicit scenes in the movie and they censored Casca's naked body for example or Charlotte and Griffith's sex scene (Griffith's penis in the scene when the King whip slashes him is shown though, wtf) with white color, and that poster was wondering if it was the fansubbers who did it, but someone else said there is a rumour in 2chan that they didn't uncensorize them in the BD so younger people could buy it

Can someone who bought the BD and watched the movie confirm?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Well in the WB release of the first movie they sure didn't censor nekkie Caska when she got up after keeping Guts warm.

SuperVegetto said:
I saw on another forum someone posted pics of the more explicit scenes in the movie and they censored Casca's naked body for example or Charlotte and Griffith's sex scene (Griffith's penis in the scene when the King whip slashes him is shown though, wtf) with white color, and that poster was wondering if it was the fansubbers who did it, but someone else said there is a rumour in 2chan that they didn't uncensorize them in the BD so younger people could buy it

Can someone who bought the BD and watched the movie confirm?

I don't believe Griffiths penis is shown, no.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Hot damn. Whoever is working on these trailers should get a nice Christmas bonus for making it look so watchable. :ganishka: As far as censorship goes, they haven't been very shy about showing bits and bops from what I've seen so far, and they're clearly not skipping over Guts and Casca's scene like they did in the anime. I wonder if they'll have time to do those episodes justice? :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
I saw on another forum someone posted pics of the more explicit scenes in the movie and they censored Casca's naked body for example or Charlotte and Griffith's sex scene
Those are from a pirated version of the movie released in China.

Can we all drop the penis and nipple talk now?

Walter said:
Those are from a pirated version of the movie released in China.

Can we all drop the penis and nipple talk now?

Thanks for making it clear Walter. Just have to say more about the penis to Jezzax, yes that one is shown actually, saw a pic of it myself
Ok, done with that talk now.

Just saw this clip of Boscone in the related videos for the trailer http://vimeo.com/55362937

The flag crap is a real shame..they even threw in that weird stuttering slow-mo framerate thing I don't understand and hate. What the hell! They made Boscone look pretty damn powerful, sending multiple bodies/parts literally fifty feet in the air :ganishka:. Some of the animation still looks really jerky to me though, and it almost sounds like there are missing sound effects, like what the hell is up with Boscone after the parts come raining down. Looks like he laughs or does something but there is no sound. The editing just seems...strange, unless it's just the clip for some reason.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
They made Boscone look pretty damn powerful, sending multiple bodies/parts literally fifty feet in the air :ganishka:.

It's because he built up speed with that useless whirlwind motion he performed before cutting them "up"!

Notice how the changes overall end up making Guts less impressive. He has trouble against Boscone even though his sword doesn't break, and ends up beating him through a hard to believe diversion/dodge act instead of parrying his attack at the last moment. Also amusing to see how Boscone stops his horse dead in its track to strike at Guts instead of more realistically attacking him while moving, which is what happened in the manga.

Draculoid said:
it almost sounds like there are missing sound effects, like what the hell is up with Boscone after the parts come raining down. Looks like he laughs or does something but there is no sound.

Yeah he's supposed to be laughing maniacally like the BAD GUY he is, but the voice acting is missing. Whoops!

I'm sure it's been mentioned but the exclusion of Zodd is pretty funny/timely considering the discussion taking place recently about his appearances at Doldrey and during the Wyald fight. Now we get neither! Guess it really wasn't important guys. :zodd:

Also I agree with you Walter on the sound effect. Though modern it does sound very...off-putting. I wonder if it will actually be used outside of the trailer.

Top Bottom