Berserk Saga Project News

The best thing about that scene is Skull knights voice. Fitting it in after the sex scene doesn't even surprise me now, Studio 4C just do whatever the hell they want.

Skully just couldn't wait for Guts to put on some pants. As it is it looks like he was had a good view of the Guts/Casca sex scene and didn't have the patience to wait for Guts to get dressed afterward. :SK:

Walter said:
My favorite part is how Guts' sword goes flaccid at the end of the encounter. :ganishka:

That really was perfectly hilarious. Guts' sword/hilt placement, and the moment Skullknight is gone...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
And why is he on the ground?

This has been bothering me since you brought it up earlier today (I guess we're two sides of the same coin on this =), so I reexamined the scene to confirm and to be fair he could have just been standing at the top of a natural embankment. As a matter of fact, that's always been my default interpretation of the scene (which is why your comment struck me). I don't think floating came up until you went deep into the fog, and look at this image from that post:

skullyfloat.jpg

Floating... or merely higher ground?

The trees in the background are telling, the trunks are clearly higher to the left, the same plane as Skully, and not just due to perspective because the fallen one is actually resting at the base of another, indicating an incline in the terrain itself. You can also see that characteristic in the land when Guts sees the wolf before that. Also, it's not like idly hovering in place is a recurring trait of his character. So, we should probably be wondering why the ground is so flat in the movie version (I'm sure the three of will discuss it further on the podcast tomorrow, when I'm told what I missed =). Though, like I said, not my chief concern about their interpretation of that scene...

jackson_hurley said:
Okay so they put Skullknight after the sex scene with Guts and Casca? :???:
Gobolatula said:
Skully you PERV!! :badbone:
Aazealh said:
Yet another brilliant move.

Yeeeeaah... it literally perverts the whole vibe; now it's intimate, surreal, and creepy for all the wrong reasons. :schierke:

"SECRET NAKED MEETING! SHHHH, DON'T WAKE THE GIRLFRIEND!" :SK: :???:

We could all go on about how many ways it skews it, but it's not like it really shocks me anymore, after the cuts and changes in last movie I'm almost numb. I'm sure these guys didn't put half us much thought into this scene as the rest of us clearly are, and that goes for any of it really. All that said, I can't help but get a kick out of seeing Skull Knight animated, just as he can't help but look good. :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
What I'm more bothered about is what Skullknight dialogue will be?! "in a couple of days shit will hit the fan!" not as cool as "in a year the eclipse will come"

Of course, most of the power of his ominous, cryptic warning is gone.

jackson_hurley said:
Darn! I bet he's gonna "lose! his sword absurdly for the eclipse...

Most likely. Or he'll throw it like a spear and won't bother picking it up, or who knows, maybe he'll just keep it during the Eclipse.

Griffith said:
This has been bothering me since you brought it up earlier today (I guess we're two sides of the same coin on this =), so I reexamined the scene to confirm and to be fair he could have just been standing at the top of a natural embankment. As a matter of fact, that's always been my default interpretation of the scene (which is why your comment struck me).

I agree, that comment also struck me because I definitely don't think the Skull Knight is meant to be "floating" in that scene. There's clearly a slope there, and so the Skull Knight has higher ground. But he's on the ground, as shown by the hoof mark Guts notices after he's gone, confirming that he was indeed physically there.

Griffith said:
So, we should probably be wondering why the ground is so flat in the movie version

Oh that's easy. There were lazy/didn't care, and they switched the location of the scene to where Guts & Casca make love after their reunion anyway, so no need to keep the terrain intact.

I hate to keep piling on, but I just don't understand why anyone ever thought that adapting the series in this way was ever a good idea. Now we're never getting those Black Swordsman movies/ovas, and it just really bums me out. :judo:

EDIT: Can someone clarify for me as to whether Miura had any involvement in these films at all? I can't imagine he's happy with all this. I went back to the thread from the beginning, and his role seems a bit fuzzy.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
he's on the ground, as shown by the hoof mark Guts notices after he's gone, confirming that he was indeed physically there.

Oh sure, take the easy way out, but I had it figured fourteen pages sooner! :griffnotevil:

"...by calculating the angle of the trees..."

:ganishka:

Aazealh said:
Oh that's easy. There were lazy/didn't care, and they switched the location of the scene to where Guts & Casca make love after their reunion anyway, so no need to keep the terrain intact.

So now the million dollar question... Did Skully watch them FUKK!? :SK:

skulleyes.jpg

We know the filmmakers like to liven up those sex scenes, this would add that voyeuristic quality while faithfully establishing his character, "He likes to watch." It'll also add suspense and titillation as you won't know if he's friend or foe, if Guts and Casca are in danger or if he might join in! Barring that, they could have him indirectly participate by masturbating in the bushes. That'll do him justice. As for the dialogue, don't worry, they could easily and seamlessly incorporate these sorely needed additions into his insights, "I like the way you fuck, you're a struggler..." This will really be an improvement to the original scene; faithful fans of the Berserk film saga will absolutely be on the edge of their bean bag chairs!

bonenightsml.jpg

Just change the title on that film slate to Berserk: Descent. Indeed.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TelegramSam said:
EDIT: Can someone clarify for me as to whether Miura had any involvement in these films at all? I can't imagine he's happy with all this. I went back to the thread from the beginning, and his role seems a bit fuzzy.

The extent of his involvement isn't known, however given the result I can't imagine it was much. What we do know is that he'd have liked to see the Black Swordsman arc animated as well.

Griffith said:
Oh sure, take the easy way out, but I had it figured fourteen pages sooner! :griffnotevil:

"...by calculating the angle of the trees..."

Well don't feel bad, I also think the angle of the trees gives it away. :iva:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
This has been bothering me since you brought it up earlier today (I guess we're two sides of the same coin on this =), so I reexamined the scene to confirm and to be fair he could have just been standing at the top of a natural embankment.
Yep, that's all it is. I had always thought he was anomalously floating though, because of that one panel. :farnese:

That Skull Knight clip had my excitement diminishing with each passing reveal. Skully looks great! Wait why is guts naked. Wait is that a water fall. Casca!? What the hell?

I think Grif nails all the unintentional problems this placement holds. Was he watching them sleep together? Guts's sword looks way too phallic in the context. Did skully now just here about the Eclipse? It's a mess.

I thought opening the film with Guts's encounter with SK would've been the way to go. It would've set up the supernatural to follow, created suspense, all sorts of stuff. Now I wonder how they'll even open this film. Will Guts just show up out of the blue to save the Hawks from Silat? Probably. Ugh, just so random... :azan:

im new to this thread and hant been reading it at all so sorry if this has been covered already , but does anyone know if they plan to end the series after the eclipse ? It would be pretty crappy if they just remake the tv series . Don't get me wrong i really like the first two movies and im sure the third will be good ( so long as the majority of the movie isn't griffith having his long ass flashback/decision scene ) . The opening to the films show drawings of the black swordsman cast but i hope thats not just to keep fans interested and than not animate all the baddassery that is berserk .

Griffith

hitokiri89 said:
im new to this thread and hant been reading it at all so sorry if this has been covered already , but does anyone know if they plan to end the series after the eclipse ? It would be pretty crappy if they just remake the tv series . Don't get me wrong i really like the first two movies and im sure the third will be good ( so long as the majority of the movie isn't griffith having his long ass flashback/decision scene ).

Don't worry, if they make sure to cut out as much dialogue and characterization as possible it should be just as good as the last two. If anything, they've shown they're not much for long flashbacks, the Golden Age itself being one.

hitokiri89 said:
im new to this thread and hant been reading it at all so sorry if this has been covered already , but does anyone know if they plan to end the series after the eclipse ? It would be pretty crappy if they just remake the tv series . Don't get me wrong i really like the first two movies and im sure the third will be good ( so long as the majority of the movie isn't griffith having his long ass flashback/decision scene ) . The opening to the films show drawings of the black swordsman cast but i hope thats not just to keep fans interested and than not animate all the baddassery that is berserk .

I think most of us here are disappointed with these films and would just prefer they quit making them after the 3rd movie rather than continue bastardizing the story into "crap" viewing for the lowest common denominator, all the while painting berserk as something less than the true work of art that it is.

Maybe it's masochistic for me to say so, but I'd be interested in how they adapt the story from the Eclipse onward. Something about seeing Guts become the Black Swordsman and being called back from his quest for vengeance by the woman he loves. I kinda wanna see that on the bigscreen. An I reserve the right to hate it if they completely butcher it. :guts:

Personally i like both of the movies a lot although i do prefer the manga and original tv series over them . I would like to see the rest of berserk animated . I was a little shocked to see that they changed so many scenes in the second film like zodd throwing his sword to guts or casca telling guts how griffith sold his body as a child to that sick pedophile guy . That being said the animation grew on me and the score is incredible especially the scene with griffith and charolette towards the end also this was my favorite scene in the movie ... really highlights griffiths obsession with guts and getting his way .

ApostleBob said:
That Skull Knight clip had my excitement diminishing with each passing reveal.  Skully looks great! Wait why is guts naked. Wait is that a water fall.  Casca!? What the hell?
I wouldn't be surprised if that's intended to be the same waterfall just outside Godot's house, where Erica dropped a bunch of logs on Guts for training. What better way to jam those characters into an extremely cut down sequence of events whilst simultaneously giving the surviving Falcons a place to hide?

:troll:

ANN reported that the film will run 107 minutes as well. The articles I'd read put the third movie at or just over two hours. Man...this is going to be really cut up and rushed. I doubt that the ratings change cut a lot from the film (as we can all assume what scene warranted an R-18 rating), but it's still disheartening.

But here's to hoping I'm wrong :schierke:

10min preview for movie 3 if I'm correct http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/special/berserk/ cant view in my country though and ed from CHEMISTRY http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/player/00100/v10358/v0993900000000545999/?list_id=1809918 cant someone please rip these and post somewhere please...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lukis said:
10min preview for movie 3 if I'm correct http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/special/berserk/ cant view in my country though
Just use a proxy site. It'll be slower, but it will work: http://www.proxyhide.org/

And if you can just wait, I'm sure a user here will be kind enough to re-upload the video to YouTube within a day or two.

Nice to hear Skull Knight's voice! I've had the DVD since last week but apart from not knowing how to upload videos on YT, I was stuck at work pretty much. Here're some related pages with old, maybe new information (?) I'm not sure. Cool looking lighters.

20130127_214102.jpg

20130127_213944.jpg

20130127_213958.jpg

20130127_214020.jpg

EDIT: Aww crud, just realized I forgot to take a picture of the page behind the DVD.

So, some Brazilian guy was a kind soul and uploaded the third movie's first 10 min on YT:
http://youtu.be/J4e1-Skm4Lk

PS.: If the person who uploaded it is seeing it, thank you ^^

Didn't watch all thing just skimmed through. Looks like they messed up many things as expected, didn't care at this point, but what caught my eye is what the hell was that giant woman apostle? :isidro:

EDIT: Looked again it looks like it's snake baron. Was fooled first time I imagined him a bit differently.

Top Bottom