Berserk Saga Project News

Griffith said:
Actually, I feel the same way I did at the end of my last post, like I'm wasting my time with you; you've only confirmed what I'd already thought of you and more. I'll obligatorily point out that you're (I should really all caps this =) the one who seems so upset he's resorting to a bunch of petulant ad hominem attacks, and, of course, displaying most of the traits you're attributing to me in the process; lack reading comprehension, anger, aggression, immaturity, shitheadedness (rape jokes ftw, right?), and an inability to spell (ok, I added that one for you). That ugliness aside, I'm just explaining what was wrong with what you we're saying and why it was offensive to people that care deeply about the story. There's no reason I shouldn't say something about that, that's what this place is for. A bunch of sentiment about how I'm a jerk for infringing on your right to feel and say whatever you want doesn't change the facts, and even you've contradicted yourself since saying the the films are clearly watered down. That should be the end of it then, but instead you're having this explosive ego meltdown with offensive tirade when I was largely having a reasoned disagreement (sorry I didn't treat you enough like a baby). If you want to talk about maturity, show that you can handle someone strongly disagreeing with you; otherwise, I see why you don't like forum arguments.

That was a joke... Again, reading comprehension, another one of the many reasons your unqualified opinion of story quality should not be held in high regard, whatever egalitarian notions you may have to the contrary. On that note, I'm going to go watch the Super Bowl now.
omg dude you really a tool . If you can't see that your the one who provoked this argument your off your rocker . As to the level of my maturity i simply came down to yours as to ease your understanding . I did ask not to argue with you remember ? You should have respected that wish instead of inciting me to fire back at you . If all you really wanted to do was share your opinion on something than it wouldn't have been necessary to quote my replies and than shit on them . Also my spelling is fine and not in need of your expert criticism ... jerk .Maybe the curse words i used or the delivery method i chose may not have been the best , but at least i don't go around looking for problems over the internet of all places. The only unqualified opinion on anything is one based on no prior knowledge to the topic at hand so again your trying to incite more drama and admittedly it is working . You still havn't answered the question i asked in regards to your immense distaste of my personal viewpoints and why they effect you so . Like i said before try some perspective man . I really don't care how you feel about berserk or anything so i really don't see why you have to care about how i view things . Just let others be as they will and they'll do the some for you but if continue to be a jerk than people will return the favor . I really hope your not like this in real life because if you are i imagine your existence to be a lonely one . All i wanted to do on this forum was to enjoy a series iv'e come to love with people who love it... not to argue about who likes it more and who is unqualified . At the end of the day it's just a manga series bro you don't need to get so butthurt about it . If any ones time is wasted here it's mine being that i'm not the one who targeted you but rather you provoking me for truly no other reason than being an ass . Your personal opinion of me doesn't bother me ... it's not like pining to be your buddy lol . All the same i have to say i find you small and weak minded not to mention arrogant as well . Lets call a truce here here as i think we have both said what we wanted to say in multiple ways . I think it's best to leave this argument where it is and move on because we can only mess this topic , and the rest of the forum up if we continue . Im asking you nicely as a gentleman to let this die , are you cool with that ?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I've managed to pick out a relevant question from all that sound and fury:

hitokiri89 said:
You still havn't answered the question i asked in regards to your immense distaste of my personal viewpoints and why they effect you so .

That's practically all I've said...

Griffith said:
if you think it gets the story across just as well, you don't think much of the story anyway and shouldn't glibly comment on it.

Griffith said:
This isn't an opinion, it's a misstatement of the facts. There have been changes, major changes and cuts, and they do affect the story and characters quite a bit to the discerning reader/viewer. Your creation of even more egregious examples of changes don't minimize the egregious changes that have actually been made. You can say you like it all you want and don't mind the changes, maybe they don't change things for you, but don't tell us they're objectively not significant or that they're not there. Don't BS about how it is just as good, because that misrepresents not only the films but the manga. Just because you can't tell the difference or don't care doesn't mean it hasn't been changed, and for the worse. If you don't care, then just say so so or what you like about it, but don't make false statements while defending it, especially equating it to the quality of the source material. That's my objection here, not to your right to have an opinion.

Griffith said:
if you want to extoll or defend the films, do so without carelessly misrepresenting their quality in regards to the story with statements like, "the core of they story is still there and get across just as well" and, "None of the changes have changed the main plot at all."

Yeah, I'm clearly the monster here, particularly for questioning your judgement, examples of which can be seen in your previous two posts.

hitokiri89 said:
I think it's best to leave this argument where it is and move on because we can only mess this topic , and the rest of the forum up if we continue . Im asking you nicely as a gentleman to let this die , are you cool with that ?

Well, since you asked like a such "gentlemen", and given the content of your last two posts, I'm strongly considering it. So, to that end, can you even give me a reason you shouldn't be censured (quarantined, banned, or deleted)? I've basically been looking the other way on your recent vileness since I'm personally involved.

edit:

Nevermind.

Walter said:
Anyone mind if I shitcan this assclown...?

Not at all. Like I said, if that stuff were written to any other member I'd have already done it myself.

You are talking about him, right? :ganishka:

Walter said:
Anyone mind if I shitcan this assclown...?
Gladiator.gif

Griffith

I guess it was just a matter of time before this thread turned into a flaming gif fest. :carcus: Anyway, back to the movies...

SuperVegetto said:
The third movie in the theaters is doing worse than the first movie but better than the second, especially the R18 version

Interesting, I'm curious to know the relative success of the project overall once the third movie leaves theaters, all the nitty gritty since I'm facisnated by that crap anyway. If they do continue the project, maybe they'll learn something from it.

I know Miura would never downplay or speak negative about the new projects, but did he ever give his opinion on the 97 anime series? I thought I read it somewhere but I forgot...

Lol first hes calling Griffith all kinds of names and then he asks him like a gentleman :ganishka:

"Like i said before try some perspective man ." THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE---> "I really don't care how you feel about berserk or anything" :ganishka:

Sorry! That just totally cracked me up.

Wow Griffith, I hope you don't get too discouraged by this exchange. I thought you handled yourself excellently and were well mannered and in fact quite respectful to hitokiri89's view IMO while still being very firm on your own stance. I commend you on your masterful communication.

However it certainly appears he took it the wrong way. I wasn't expecting such a sudden meltdown given that you were giving him room to still enjoy anything new and animated.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
tama chan said:
I know Miura would never downplay or speak negative about the new projects, but did he ever give his opinion on the 97 anime series? I thought I read it somewhere but I forgot...

Some of his comments way back then implied that he wasn't all that satisfied with it, but obviously he never came out and just said he disliked it. Much like he never will explicitly say that those new movies are bad.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Aazealh said:
Some of his comments way back then implied that he wasn't all that satisfied with it, but obviously he never came out and just said he disliked it. Much like he never will explicitly say that those new movies are bad.

We should write another letter to Miura to express our sympathies, profound disappointement and tell him that we share his secret opinion of the movies. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sammoniac said:
We should write another letter to Miura to express our sympathies, profound disappointement and tell him that we share his secret opinion of the movies. :ganishka:

I've done that already, albeit I stayed very mild.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Aazealh said:
I've done that already, albeit I stayed very mild.

Well done man! Its a great sign of respect. Miura must really be pissed off by that project. Imagine having your life's work (thousands and thousands of hard working hours and dedication) ridiculed by some half-arsed incompetent studio. Its not like he can go public about his frustration either. He's kind of trapped, it must be terrible. And to boot, its not the first time he experiences that.

Aazealh didn't you guys send him a thank you card with a home made bookmark in the past for his letter? Did you ever get a response from him after that?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
tama chan said:
Aazealh didn't you guys send him a thank you card with a home made bookmark in the past for his letter? Did you ever get a response from him after that?

We did, and the bookmark had been crafted by Grovel's daughter based on our forum emoticons. And no, no response, but really that would have been asking a bit much.

ZODDOII

BERSERK
looks Like a lot of people don't like the new movie version, no matter how good or bad, we are still berserk fans. :farnese: :azan: :schierke:

I share some pictures, hope you like. I just saw this, my ARTBOOK also in transit

00_zps74314858.jpg

01_zpsbbf2cd97.jpg

03_zpsf86dd2d2.jpg

04_zps916fef0f.jpg

05_zps681ca3df.jpg

06_zpsa293056d.jpg

07_zpsa462623e.jpg

09_zps71b2852c.jpg

10_zps6cf851d5.jpg

08_zpsab51ae1f.jpg

11_zps50f68223.jpg

12_zps92d5f6e0.jpg

13_zps91070bd8.jpg

14_zps4b3eb67e.jpg

15_zps79744d0d.jpg

16_zps39257fd1.jpg

17_zpsf644db69.jpg

18_zpse6563a2e.jpg

19_zps1e6078dc.jpg

ZODDOII said:
I share some pictures, hope you like. I just saw this, my ARTBOOK also in transit

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Despite my disappointment with many aspects of this project, some of the artwork really is beautiful. Would love to see more.

Griffith

Hanma_Baki said:
Oh snap, I didnt realize it was the guy from the merchandise section, he seemed like a cool dude...such a shame

ApostleBob said:
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Despite my disappointment with many aspects of this project, some of the artwork really is beautiful. Would love to see more.

I might be more excited about a new Berserk(-inspired) artbook, on principle alone, than anything else about the project. BTW, what I find most interesting about those images is...

ZODDOII said:

I don't think we've seen such a detailed interpretation of that female apostle, particularly the lower backside. I say interpretation since we don't know how much input, if any, Miura had in these designs besides his artwork from the manga. Specifically, the film's version of the apostle has digitigrade legs (though seemingly with two sets of ankles, heels, and plantigrade feet strangely enough... but then it is an apostle) while Miura's original doesn't go beyond the impression of a plantigrade:

digitigrade.jpg
plantigrade.jpg

If Miura was consulted and offered new/revised details, it would be a revelation ("it was all worth it!"), but practically speaking it's most probably just another arbitrary artistic liberty (and I certainly don't see room between Guts' legs for that isopygous pygidium/ovipositor :schierke:). In any case, it's fun to think about, so if nothing else the film project has given me that small pleasure (a sad and lonely tool? I think NOT). And that massively protruding spaghetti-spewing inverted butthole is an interesting choice nonetheless. I definitely won't think of this image the same way again: www.skullknight.net/images/skullyspaghetti.gif

Julalien said:
Interestingly, there are several pages devoted to Rosine in her 'final' (or secondary) apostle form and none of her in her principle apostle state. She gets more pages in the book than the Count does in his apostle form. Which is surprising as he, I imagine, is actually present in the third film.

Just to be sure, you're not talking about the above images, are you (I'm not sure what you mean by her "seconday" or "principle" forms)? Either way, the design does borrow ideas from Rosine's transformations... which potentially foreshadows a truly calamitous possibility: What if they plan to replace/combine Rosine's role in the Lost Children chapter with this apostle in a nightmarish sham of a Black Swordsman movie mashup? :magni: As unthinkable as that may seem, it's the same way we wouldn't ever think of combining Skull Knight's introduction with Guts and Casca having sex. Furthermore, it would unfortunately make sense of her increased size and seemingly random showcase introduction in the third film, at least in Berserk movie logic. Speaking of which, what seems more or less likely from what we've seen thus far, the filmmakers doing a smaller, more sensible adaptation of one of the Black Swordsman stories? Or trying to jam pack as much as they can into as little time and space as possible? Now consider the way they're seemingly following precedent set by the changes in the first anime series and remember how it combined elements of several Black Swordsman stories in the first episode. I can just imagine the pitch, "Hey, Guts kills this sorta buggy apostle first thing, then a slug, and later kills another insect-themed one with all sorts of bug monsters he could fight, so it'd be smart if we just wrapped it all up into one ultimate Black Swordsman package, then we could get back to Guts vs. Griffith and that Golden Age drama in the next movie! Plus, if it's revenge on the one that killed fan favorite Carcus it'll all tie in better and be all the more meaningful than him fighting some random stupid little girl we already cut, it's a win/win for OUR story!"

I take back what I said about the saga project giving me some pleasant food for thought here.
gutsbarf.gif

I can just imagine the pitch, "Hey, Guts kills this sorta buggy apostle first thing, then a slug, and later kills another insect-themed one with all sorts of bug monsters he could fight, so it'd be smart if we just wrapped it all up into one ultimate Black Swordsman package, then we could get back to Guts vs. Griffith and that Golden Age drama in the next movie! Plus, if it's revenge on the one that killed fan favorite Carcus it'll all tie in better and be all the more meaningful than him fighting some random stupid little girl we already cut, it's a win/win for OUR story!

Thats... scary. I don't want to even think about them going down that road. :sad:

NOTE: For what it's worth, Kotaku posted a review of the third film - http://kotaku.com/5981641/the-third-berserk-movie-is-by-far-the-most-violent-thing-i-have-ever-watched

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
tama chan said:
NOTE: For what it's worth, Kotaku posted a review of the third film - http://kotaku.com/5981641/the-third-berserk-movie-is-by-far-the-most-violent-thing-i-have-ever-watched
Not worth much... :carcus:

However, their review does mention that we get some of SK's backstory, meaning that wow, maybe they really do mention Gaiseric's empire.

Top Bottom