Berserk Saga Project News

Just some more stuff from the movie promotion book. Found them while browsing ebay sales.

85541Z11.JPG

85541Z10.JPG

Had to stop myself there on the 2nd one because I was reminded of about something I vaguely remember....

663039263.jpg

I remember how happy I was when I learned about the new Berserk anime project.

Now I wish it never happened.

:judo:

At least I hope the anime project will make people interested in the manga and so Berserk will gain more fans.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
Aha, great. For a moment i thought that our Griffith had done it.

Yeah, I'm a bit envious myself. Excellent stuff, and not to step on the podcast, but we did discuss how movie 3 seems to be a tipping point for previously more generous fans. I think the reality that these characters aren't showing up and it's not going to get better "later" is setting in.

Also...

NightCrawler said:
I will never see these movies, i'm better than all of you.

Bravo! I had been waiting for this, and your delivery didn't disappoint. :ubik:

I asked the guy who reviewed the third movie on myanimelist.com a few questions. Some of his answers were a little vague, but I didn't want to nag him with more questions.

-Apparently Godot is just mentioned by name in the movie, and Erica is introduced as his granddaughter. :???:

-Guts gets the Dragonslayer after the credits.

-Judeau, Corkus, and Rickert have larger roles compared to the other two movies. Judeau in particular.

-As others have mentioned, the apostles attacking the Hawks at night was taken out. But he said there was another apostle scene that was kept in. I'm not sure if he meant that brief scene with the Snake Baron impostor or something else... Maybe Guts killing the apostle with the Dragonslayer will be shown after the credits. Probably not though... :sad:

-I asked him about Rickert, but all he said was that he watches Zodd and the Skull Knight fight. He didn't explain how he got there or what he was doing before that part.

-And he said the movie ends around the scene with Guts and Casca's child.

SamNeillium said:
-And he said the movie ends around the scene with Guts and Casca's child.
Demon child in the movie,right?

SamNeillium said:
-As others have mentioned, the apostles attacking the Hawks at night was taken out. But he said there was another apostle scene that was kept in. I'm not sure if he meant that brief scene with the Snake Baron impostor or something else... Maybe Guts killing the apostle with the Dragonslayer will be shown after the credits. Probably not though... :sad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4brRvyhxD-0

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info, Sam. Good thinking about asking the guy. Kinda crazy that we still don't have detailed info about some of these things...

JackQ said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4brRvyhxD-0
Pretty sure Sam knows about that since he said: "I'm not sure if he meant that brief scene with the Snake Baron impostor or something else..."

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
SamNeillium said:
He didn't directly answer my question, but I'm pretty sure he meant that the child is in. I'm tempted to ask him again to clarify...
I know a person that saw the movie and she tell me that the Child isn't in it.

RaffoBaffo said:
I know a person that saw the movie and she tell me that the Child isn't in it.

Hmmmm. I kind of asked him two questions at once, so he might have been saying "yes" to my question about them including the scene with Guts running out of the cave and ripping his bandages off... But his exact words were:

"Yes. If you want to know, that is sort of the ending after he talks to skull knight after fighting all the ghosts trying to take his body."

Perhaps he's just a dirty little liar and needs a good smackin'. :femto:

Walter said:
Pretty sure Sam knows about that since he said: "I'm not sure if he meant that brief scene with the Snake Baron impostor or something else..."
my bad then :farnese:

anyway,so it's pretty much confirm that there won't be Snake Baron at all in future films? :sad:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
JackQ said:
anyway,so it's pretty much confirm that there won't be Snake Baron at all in future films? :sad:

There's no way to know that. All we know right now is he was replaced in the 3rd film with a different apostle.

Femto777

may you bring pain or salvation to mankind
Question a while a go the 3rd movie was confirmed to be 110 minutes but then they said they would add 20 minutes makeing it 130 minutes.
but when its in theaters it is said to be 110 minutes. :???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Femto777 said:
Question a while a go the 3rd movie was confirmed to be 110 minutes but then they said they would add 20 minutes makeing it 130 minutes.
but when its in theaters it is said to be 110 minutes. :???:
I've actually seen it reported that the R-18 version's runtime is 107 minutes, and the R-15 version is 113 minutes. (source: http://www.109cinemas.net/nagoya/schedule/timeSchedule.shtml?date=2013-02-09) Can you make sense of that? :ganishka:

Femto777

may you bring pain or salvation to mankind
Walter said:
I've actually seen it reported that the R-18 version's runtime is 107 minutes, and the R-15 version is 113 minutse. (source: http://www.109cinemas.net/nagoya/schedule/timeSchedule.shtml?date=2013-02-09) Can you make sense of that? :ganishka:
:???: hmmm well in a nutshell :puck: I'm guessing to see everything they animated (they might have withheld content for the BD release) you'd have to see both versions and of course the studio would make more money. Well probably get the full version on home video. I could explain better but its really difficult for me to type on the computer.

Walter said:
I've actually seen it reported that the R-18 version's runtime is 107 minutes, and the R-15 version is 113 minutes. (source: http://www.109cinemas.net/nagoya/schedule/timeSchedule.shtml?date=2013-02-09) Can you make sense of that? :ganishka:

Those boring parts where things aren't getting killed or where characters aren't showing any skin had to go. Necessary cuts for the R-18 experience :troll:

Seriously though, this is most confusing. The Japanese Film Classification and Ratings Committee also have the same runtimes for the two versions, 1 hour and 53 minutes for the R-15 version and 1 hour 47 minutes for the R-18 version. What gives?

Of interesting note is that the R-18 version was given its rating a month before the R-15 version was accepted.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
It was probably done intentionally as a marketing tactic to give people a over 18 a reason to see both versions. I'm sure a full version will be released on blu-ray.

Or maybe they had to cut something important for content, and took the liberty to add something original to "better" tell the missing story, and it happened to be longer. Perhaps instead of Femto raping Casca, they gleefully ballroom dance around the eclipse for 6 minutes.

Top Bottom