Berserk Saga Project News

Sammoniac

You taffers!
puppet12ca said:
just a video I found on youtube of a guy flipping through an art book for the saga project

We see drawings of scenes not included in the movies, like when Guts and Griffith talk after the water fight at 2:17. Maybe they had the intention of including them in the first place? *sigh*

Sammoniac said:
We see drawings of scenes not included in the movies, like when Guts and Griffith talk after the water fight at 2:17. Maybe they had the intention of including them in the first place? *sigh*

Yea i noticed that as well. Although they have the official Miura art right next to them from the manga so I wonder if it was just for reference or something.

I keep clinging to the idea that they're going to release 'extended versions' of these films with some of the missing pieces, like the water fight scene. Seeing the art book gives me hope.

In any case...I just might have to snag one of them!

I've never heard of an animated film having an extended version. I'm sure it's been done before, but it's not like they have a bunch of unused footage lying around. And it'd probably have to be a much more successful and "mainstream" movie to get one anyway. I'd love to see some for these movies though.

Femto777

may you bring pain or salvation to mankind
It has happened before for example the King of Thorn movie was a 112 minutes but some time later they released a extended edition that was 154 minutes making it 42 minutes longer.
1358391682_1_1.jpg

And I thought why draw this image when your not even going to use this scene in the movie ? Unless they do plan to put it in the movie.
but I always thought they were going to release a extended edition from the beginning anyway. :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Femto777 said:
And I thought why draw this image when your not even going to use this scene in the movie ? Unless they do plan to put it in the movie.

Those are just illustrations from Miura that one of the artists working on the movie recreated. We'd seen some of them before. They're not an indication of what's actually in the movies.

Guys I recently went to Katsucon and they screened the first movie in English. I don't get that since you can buy it in most stores right now. From what I head it had a good turnout. Anywho, I ended up buying one of the artbooks. I almost passed it by till I noticed the brand on the back of it.

Heres some pictures:
551292_162305163920575_327098189_n.jpg

Rape horse? By the way, everyone in my hotel was introduced to the rape horse coming from the other thread, and they loved it.

Heres some heraldry:
525744_162305177253907_1252523637_n.jpg

223414_162305200587238_609295148_n.jpg

Theres a bunch of other stuff in there. It goes chronologically, starting off with green fields and ends up with scenes from the eclipse and sketches of demons, etc. The dealer told he me is getting in the red book in next month.

Gobolatula said:
Did any of those horse faces make it to the movie? I don't remember any non-CGI horse scenes.

Maybe its a preview of whats to come when they do the Holy Iron Knights arc... seeing how much effort was put into scenes dealing with sex, maybe Mr. Rape Horse will get some screen time. I can only hope! :ganishka:

I picked up both books last week. Fun to see actually and looking at the process of those expressions or character designs or the colors. The red book, like we can see in that YT video posted above, is decent for it's art/ sketches of characters including cool apostle sketches towards the end of the book which piqued my interest. The black book though is good in showcasing those backgrounds used in the movies, sketches of the architectural structures and of apostles that would play a part in the Eclipse in the movie.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Did any of those horse faces make it to the movie? I don't remember any non-CGI horse scenes.

Don't think they did. Must have been pre-production artwork.

lon3vvolf said:
Maybe its a preview of whats to come when they do the Holy Iron Knights arc...

The horse that gets possessed in volume 17 takes on an unnaturally human-looking face, not resembling this at all.

This reminds me of Wyald's horse more than anything? I don't have my volume 11 on me right now as I am at work. But I remember the close ups on that thing while he is riding it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
This reminds me of Wyald's horse more than anything? I don't have my volume 11 on me right now as I am at work. But I remember the close ups on that thing while he is riding it.

There are close ups on horses quite a few times during the Golden Age arc, but those with Wyald aren't more spectacular than the others. They're always harnessed (since they're mounted and used for battle) and so they're never quite as "expressive" as the one depicted here.

ZODDOII said:
I share some pictures, hope you like. I just saw this, my ARTBOOK also in transit

The background artwork for this really is remarkable, really I think the only thing The Golden Arc has managed to get right. So much added detail and really alot of energy put into the making of these backgrounds.

A review of the third film

http://www.japanator.com/review-berserk-golden-age-arc-iii-descent-27857.phtml

and something else found on the same site that was mildly berserk related

http://www.japanator.com/friday-night-fights-ike-vs-guts-28037.phtml

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
puppet12ca said:
A review of the third film

http://www.japanator.com/review-berserk-golden-age-arc-iii-descent-27857.phtml
Pretty much how I feel other than the part where it said it's a solid way to dip your toes into the franchise before diving into the superior manga. Just read the manga. I think the guy went too easy on these films.

Top Bottom