Berserk Saga Project News

MASTER-AMIR

Guts The Black Swordsman
Does anyone know what the song name in CM trailers?
i know that song for ( tomo the tomo) But I do not know the song name

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MASTER-AMIR said:
Does anyone know what the song name in CM trailers?
i know that song for ( tomo the tomo) But I do not know the song name

Is this it...? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHnzZtN_gKQ

still no news on anything.?

- Edit -

well just looked at there main page ( Japanese one ) still the last thing we got was an Art book news

also what is Animes E3/Tokyo Game Show.? Comic-con or something els.?

berserk36 said:
still no news on anything.?

- Edit -

well just looked at there main page ( Japanese one ) still the last thing we got was an Art book news

also what is Animes E3/Tokyo Game Show.? Comic-con or something els.?

Japan Expo is the most popular one in Europe, and it is being helt in France
Maybe we will get some ne New's which I doubt, when we get news for an possible upcoming movie then it would be probably be with the release of the next Volume

Hitoshura said:

I'm a bit conflicted on this. Yes I want Studio 4°C to continue the adaptation but a closer more faithful one to the manga. That being said I recall that she did not read/was aware of the source material when they begun the project. Considering the lack of popularity the movies received I doubt the studio will continue. Sad thing, considering how Attack on Titan got so stupidly popular...

lon3vvolf said:
I'm a bit conflicted on this. Yes I want Studio 4°C to continue the adaptation but a closer more faithful one to the manga.

The damage is already done, man. Even if Studio 4°C was to make Black Swordsman/Conviction Arcs as faithful to the original manga as humanly possible (which they most certainly won't), their trainwreck "adaptation" of the Golden Age just won't logically allow it to work. The plot of new Berserk anime has been left with more holes than a terminal stage syphilitic brain.

lon3vvolf said:
That being said I recall that she did not read/was aware of the source material when they begun the project.

That's true. Considering that Eiko Tanaka is a boss of the major Japanese animation company, I was baffled all the more by her complete unawareness of Berserk. She herself admitted that she hadn't seen or read a single page of Berserk manga, despite its two+ decades in existence, until Studio 4°C actually began working on the movies. The manga that has sold over 25 million copies in her native Japan alone, and which had already spawned a TV series and several video games, not to mention countless merchandise. Anything that is a hot seller and has been incredibly popular for over two decades, you'd think any smart and shrewd studio executive would keep an eye on it. And even if she herself is no fan and didn't like Berserk, she could have at least seen its large and devoted fan base for what it is -- a very lucrative potential cash cow. Tanaka should know that people who spend small fortune on statues and sculptures, they would also gladly shell out their money several times to see an adaptation that pleased and satisfied them. Meaning if the movies were truly faithful to Miura's story, and didn't have CGI pasted all over. I readily admit, if that were the case, out of happiness and appreciation, I would buy not one or two, but ten DVDs of each of the Berserk movies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Johnny Apples said:
The damage is already done, man. Even if Studio 4°C was to make Black Swordsman/Conviction Arcs as faithful to the original manga as humanly possible (which they most certainly won't), their trainwreck "adaptation" of the Golden Age just won't logically allow it to work. The plot of new Berserk anime has been left with more holes than a terminal stage syphilitic brain.

Because of the cancer-ridden Golden Age adaptation, if they were to make another series, they should just pretend the former one didn't happen but move forward presuming fans know what's up with the character backgrounds. It could still work. I mean hell, some people whose exposure to Berserk was limited to the movies claim to understand those wonky Guts' childhood flashbacks. So what I'm proposing isn't too much of a stretch by comparison...

That's true. Considering that Eiko Tanaka is a boss of the major Japanese animation company, I was baffled all the more by her complete unawareness of Berserk. She herself admitted that she hadn't seen or read a single page of Berserk manga, despite its two+ decades in existence, until Studio 4°C actually began working on the movies. The manga that has sold over 25 million copies in her native Japan alone, and which had already spawned a TV series and several video games, not to mention countless merchandise. Anything that is a hot seller and has been incredibly popular for over two decades, you'd think any smart and shrewd studio executive would keep an eye on it.

I don't understand why you're demonizing her for not being familiar with Berserk. It's unique in terms of fantasy series and older than most, but there are thousands of different series in Japan. I don't see it as a requirement for business leaders like her to be that familiar with all of them. What matters to her company is if it's a worthwhile investment, which it conceptually was. The execution just sucked. And the blame for that can be cast in a myriad different ways, not just at her for being unfamiliar with Berserk.

Schierkè

I shall Light your Path
hmmm...
can you guys tell what went wrong with studio 4 adaption of the golden arc?

I mean I saw it and I didn't see anything missing :eek:

Schierkè said:
hmmm...

A lot was missing or changed from the story and things were added which aren't part of the story. You can check out the review threads -

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13326.0

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13694.0

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13973.0

And, the SkullKast's -

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13330.0

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13345.0

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13978.0

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Schierkè said:
hmmm...

I'd be interested in knowing what you're comparing the trilogy to...the '97 anime?

If it's the manga, then I want to know how long it's been since you read through the arc...because there's a lot missing, as well as some atrocious liberties/additions.

Schierkè

I shall Light your Path
Delta Phi said:
I'd be interested in knowing what you're comparing the trilogy to...the '97 anime?

If it's the manga, then I want to know how long it's been since you read through the arc...because there's a lot missing, as well as some atrocious liberties/additions.

oh don't get me wrong I only read vol 1-3 13-37

I didn't read the golden age arc I saw the anime :eek:

am I missing a lot if I don't read the golden age arc ?

I only saw the Anime 97 :eek:

Schierkè said:
am I missing a lot if I don't read the golden age arc ?
Yes, you're missing out on a lot. Read it, you'll be quite surprised how much is actually missing from the 97' anime adaptation.

They could have made another season of the TV series or another two or three movies out of all the stuff that was left out of the Golden Age in the anime adaptations.

It's a shame that the SAGA project was such a failure. I really wanted to like it, and didn't mind the heavy CGI all that much. The storyline omissions and changes are just too much for me to look past.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Redfield said:
They could have made another season of the TV series or another two or three movies out of all the stuff that was left out of the Golden Age in the anime adaptations.

I get where you're coming from, but there's no need for exaggeration. How exactly would you populate another full season with cut content from the Golden Age?

Walter said:
I get where you're coming from, but there's no need for exaggeration. How exactly would you populate another full season with cut content from the Golden Age?

In all honesty, maybe not another 25 episodes, but surely quite a few more eps between all the stuff they left out of Guts' past, Wyald, the fighting tournament after Guts left the Band of the Falcon, Charlotte's father, the Skullknight, the resolution after the eclipse. They took an entire episode to show you Casca's background after they fell from the cliff. The way the TV show was pacing events, I think they could have gotten a lot more episodes out of the series. It's a bit of revisionism on my own initial post, but if they wanted to add in the Black Swordsman material, there is still quite a bit of meat on those bones.

I wouldn't want to break down how I feel it would go episode by episode without having the manga next to me in order to analyze every scene that was cut from the series, but I feel a solid number of eps could be generated from that content, and I think it would be unlikely that they would produce a half season so they'd have to stretch it. OAVs were fairly common at 13 episodes in '97, but I don't know of many seasons of TV shows that were such an abbreviated length during that same time period.

Popped on YA's Facebook feed -

【ベルセルク 情報】
明日9/3(水)よりPlayStation®Store (ビデオストア)/Video Unlimited にて映 画『ベルセルク 黄金時代篇』三部作を一挙に配信開始します。
詳しくは⇒  http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=1796

更に本日9/2(火)時点でPlayStation®Plus加入者の方対象で、
追加費用無しで『ベル セルク 黄金時代篇Ⅰ 覇王の卵』の
レンタル視聴が可能なプロダクトコードを9/3 より順次配布します。
詳しくは⇒ http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=1796

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Popped on YA's Facebook feed -

The movie can be digitally bought by Japanese PS4 owners. Also the first movie is free for subscribers of Playstation Plus.

Wonder if that deal will transfer overseas?

have they given up on the Berserk anime there haves been no news about a 4th movie and or ovas. and when is the next major anime expo for Japan and other events that might give info on the next Berserk Anime.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserk36 said:
have they given up on the Berserk anime there haves been no news about a 4th movie and or ovas. and when is the next major anime expo for Japan and other events that might give info on the next Berserk Anime.

It's actually been out for months, but was so terrible that we collectively chose to forget about it.

Walter said:
It's actually been out for months, but was so terrible that we collectively chose to forget about it.

I (rather bitterly, to be honest) laughed a little harder at this than I wanted to.

Hopefully time is being invested to fix some of the problems (I mean, all would be great, but let's not get crazy here) presented in the golden age trilogy.

What people seem to be forgetting is that the films were, well...films. They had to keep a cinematic pace. To that end, of course some things will be cut out.

By the way, if you want to have you cake and eat it too, check out Berserk Redux:

http://vimeo.com/79039155

:guts:

estebanrules said:
What people seem to be forgetting is that the films were, well...films. They had to keep a cinematic pace. To that end, of course some things will be cut out.

If the medium doesn't allow you to make anything but a horrible product then perhaps you shouldn't make the product in the first place.

Top Bottom