Berserk Tattoo

S

smoke

I'm getting the standard back of the neck Brand before the end of the summer. It'll ROCK HARD.

D

Death Can Wait

I actually considered getting a Brand tattoo immediately upon understanding it. However, like I was telling my friends "I'd go out on a whim and say I'm far from the first to realize this". I see a lot of people (Aazealh even) who go for the neck. I'll probably go for the shoulder or chest now since I wanted to divert from just being "guts" (such as how Judeau received his on the painful hands and Casca her breast)

As far as shriveling skin goes, this is actually why I -do- consider the brand. Its not like an elaborate naked woman carved into your back that will look like your mother when you reach her age. Besides, I'd go on a whim again and say 99% of the people who do come across it (for anyone) have no idea what the hell it is anyways, that's not going to change when the lines start crossing each other (and since its not too elaborate, it wouldn't be that big of a bitch to remove when compared to foot long tats). However, I'm personally considering a different type of design, still the brand and all, but I don't know if I simply want a black marking, probably go with a different color scheme if I do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/devil_licker666/464805753_l.jpg
I've had mine for a year, and...8 days. So August 3. Got it as a little pre-birthday present to myself :guts:
Pretty basic, back of the neck, had red on the inside and a black outline so it popped out a bit more. Sorry the picture is so blurry, the person with the camera kept moving around.

Escalus

Kiss My Cons
I was thinking of getting one with a little trickle of blood oozing out of the bottom, as if it was reacting to an apostle or other baddie...not quite sure about the neck...thinking maybe somewhere a little more discreet, like my shoulder blade. I've also considered getting myself branded to make it look as close as possible to the 'real deal'...not quite sure what my course of action will be. If I did actually choose to physically brand myself then I would probably get the blood trickle tattooed on. Has anyone done this already?

I live in a college town and it seems tattoos are the norm these days, which makes me feel like a proud freak. That is, I don't have a tattoo...yet. If I do get one it will be the brand or brand-related...

side note: I've trolled these forums as a guest for over a year now. I saw Berserk two years ago and I find it to be the most creative story ever told...just got #12 from DH as well...and enjoy the manga even more...

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Breaknoon Burner said:
hehe that's what i thought when i saw yours(I got the tattoo from the image of the brand you posted earlier) =P

BTW ever think of dying your hair white and cosplaying Griffith? o_O
Yeah I've considered it before.. Griffith has always been the character I idolize. Maybe someday. I'd have to grow my hair out again though.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I suggested to my friend some time ago (as a joke kinda) that he should get tattooed all over his back the scene of the hanging tree where Guts is born. Obviously it's ridiculous but I thought it was kinda a cool idea.

I know this is sort of off topic but anyone with the brand tatoo work in a deli near a town called New Paltz in New York? I always see a guy there with the brand on his neck about where guts would have it and always forget to talk to him despite the fact I'm there a lot.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Most likely I'll be getting my Brand tattoo tomorrow. I'm on the fence about where to get it, I know I should be a true fan an get it on my neck but for me thats kind of big so I'm thinking left shoulder, still not sure though. Also there's some other ideas I wanted to eventually do, like get the Berserk logo in this cool calligraphy across my back,
brand04ai7.gif
and this SK pic on my other shoulder
berserkpetitereallyfb1.jpg

Although just his sword with the vines might be cool. The Behelit might be cool too somewhere
behelitsmallyy6.jpg
But maybe when it's screaming and crying blood. Also the Japanese lettering would be cool going down the arm, then again so many people do that so I probably won't do it.
berserktitlesmallxi1.jpg

This is another thing that would be cool too
mozgussybolzd3.jpg

Well whatever I do I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oberi said:
Also the Japanese lettering would be cool going down the arm, then again so many people do that so I probably won't do it.
berserktitlesmallxi1.jpg

Do you even know what this means? It's just the subtitle of the animated series. It has no relation to Berserk save for that (well, the two kanji on the left are the title of episode 001 as well).

Oburi

All praise Grail
Either I'm pretty sure I thought I knew what it meant or I'm about to make a fool of myself.

berserktitlesmallgp0.jpg

I was assuming naturally.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oberi said:
Either I'm pretty sure I thought I knew what it means or I'm about to make a fool of myself.

Haha well, I edited my post before you replied to save you the trouble, but it looks like you didn't see it. Basically it's an anime-only thing and isn't really worth getting tattooed. Especially if it's only by itself.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Basically it's an anime-only thing and isn't really worth getting tattooed on.

No definitely not, I would have be referring to the actual Japanese but thats all I had. Ugh i wouldn't want that on my skin. Thanks

hi every body :) i got my tat in May

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=60288728&imageID=701468116 there it is on da myspace :) looks a bit crooked cause i was turnin my head to tak da pic haha.

i think having it on the chest would be cool.

imagine getting in bed with a woman and she asks, "hey what's that tattoo?"
what would you answer?

in a dark serious voice: "it's the brand of sacrifice." lol

or better yet, scream "GRIFFISU!!"

berserker88

The Raging Demon
I am going all out for the tattoo, I dont know exaclty where I'm getting it placed but all I know is it is going to be a actuall brand and then when the skin finally heals I'm going to get it colored in red through tattoo ink, its going to be the real shit.

Gurnaak

losing the plot since 1998
berserker88 said:
I am going all out for the tattoo, I dont know exaclty where I'm getting it placed but all I know is it is going to be a actuall brand and then when the skin finally heals I'm going to get it colored in red through tattoo ink, its going to be the real shit.

I'd be wary of that and definately speak with a tattooist. I have my arm and left side of my body tattooed and my guy explained that inking over scarred tissue is a hit and miss thing. We avoided the scar from my TB innoculation jab just in case it didn't take. You might find that you need several sessions to get it properly coloured though - I think it depends on your body.

Also red ink naturally fades faster than black but on scarred tissue? Who knows? Anyway, I'd double check about tattooing over scarred tissue (especially branded skin) before you go get yourself branded :)

de99ial

de99ial
I was thinking about it too. If i get the decision i will be probably first person I'm my country with that brand :guts:

But i think about small brand, black on my neck - just like Gutts has. On right side, about one inch long.

Small, discrete and for me only :guts:

(Like everyone) I was thinking about this too, it's just that after having a Final Fantasy tatoo on my shoulder blade i don't think I should. I kinda regret getting a tatoo even though I still like FF very much, I know I'm gonna get over it one day (when I'm like 40 or so maybe)... So I don't think I'm getting more tatoos.

Its the Balamb Garden logo btw.

seed_logo.gif

FotiX

[b]Enjoyment and excitement![/b]
I had one in my arm this summer. It was the temporary one (using henna) but it was very slick. It was of course the brand of the sacrifice. ;D
Made me feel a bit weird though in the dark. :D

chaoscontrol, making a temporary one is the best choice i think. Especially when you can't know if you will be forever obsessed with something you like for the moment. Nice logo btw. ;)

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Any of the manga covers would look amazing on someone's back, esp. volume 13s' IMHO.

But the brand on neck, boob, or forehead, stick works best if you ask me.

Top Bottom