Berserk Tattoo

Thanks for all of the comments. :D

My friends all agreed that in terms of quality this tattoo is really awesome. None of them knows Berserk or any Japan manga so yeah. ;P

My girlfriend hates it. ;P

My other tattoo, Disturbed rocks!

X

Xem

After years of talking about it, I finally got my Flying Sword logo done!

imag0047ts.jpg

Plan on possibly adding to it. Either cookie cutting a favorite panel into it, thickening the outline, or having some type of fading dark to light blue or gray put in. It'll more than likely take another few years to decide. :serpico:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Looks good man! Nice clean lines.

Filling it with panels would be sweet looking in my opinion. Maybe shots of Griffith on his war horse, charging into battle at Doldrey etc. Although a little bit of shading would look classy, too, and probably a good bit cheaper.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Congrats man. Good choice of a logo. I definitely like the idea of cookiecutting a panel in there or maybe doing some sort of jagged line work or something, maybe sort of a gradual shadow?

It's been a year and a few months since I've gotten this tattoo. I need to go and get it touched up but I plan on adding more to my left arm, hopefully I'll have a sleeve that involves berserk and other stuff.

berserktat1.jpg

berserktat2.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Daym man, not only is that awesome but that's exactly what I plan on doing as soon as I get the money. How much did that run you up?

X

Xem

I'm starting to get a pretty good idea for an addition to my back tattoo, the flying sword one above. I've decided to go with The Beast of Darkness as the subject, and probably something along the lines of something more subtle.

I'm currently looking for ideas from the manga, obviously I want to use an official image of The Beast, specifically ones of him floating or clinging as opposed to him standing or sitting like he does in some panels. Ideally I'm going to sort of wrap him around the flying sword logo but carefully and hopefully somewhat subtlety. I also want to make the lines on the logo thicker.

Lemme know if anyone has any good images to reference ^^. I'm looking through the manga as well but I'm sure there's some cards and such that I haven't seen that may be perfect. Thanks!

Hello again. I'm getting new berserk tatto at may 31. I wanna get skullknight tattoo and I need some images of him. I searched on internet for a bit but I'd be cool if you guys could give me some images that you found. In return I'll post my tattoo when it's done. ;)

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok guys so this might seem crazy but I'm seriously considering getting a full sleave of Berserk. I really need to design this carefully and choose what I want to include. So far I'm thinking about starting on the shoulder with the eclipse and then going down my arm have the Godhand. In between I'm thinking something like the vortex of souls spiraling down my arm. Maybe include elements of Skullknight around the wrist like the thorns and roses or his shield.

Please give me some ideas guys. What do you think would make a cool sleave. ? I want to include as many elements from Berserk I can while maintaing some theme and not making it seem cluttered. I'm going to post pictures of my idea as soon as I get someone to draw them up. I feel like its going to be hard to have someone unfamiliar with berserk try to understand what I want and how I want it.

Oburi said:
Ok guys so this might seem crazy but I'm seriously considering getting a full sleave of Berserk. I really need to design this carefully and choose what I want to include. So far I'm thinking about starting on the shoulder with the eclipse and then going down my arm have the Godhand. In between I'm thinking something like the vortex of souls spiraling down my arm. Maybe include elements of Skullknight around the wrist like the thorns and roses or his shield.

Please give me some ideas guys. What do you think would make a cool sleave. ? I want to include as many elements from Berserk I can while maintaing some theme and not making it seem cluttered. I'm going to post pictures of my idea as soon as I get someone to draw them up. I feel like its going to be hard to have someone unfamiliar with berserk try to understand what I want and how I want it.

Sounds like a really cool idea! I like the idea of starting with the eclipsed sun at your shoulder and having everything spread down from there. As for the god hand, that could be really awesome depending on how you have them depicted (I picture them as Guts imagines them when talking to the SK on the way to Albion, silhouetted and looking down with the eclipsed sun above them). Using the vortex of souls to kind of pull everything together is also a nice touch. Maybe in addition to the SK element(s) (thorns and roses would look cool), add the Holy See symbol (Falcon with double helix) somewhere too?

As for other elements to add, you could somehow incorporate the behelit in there to add to the eclipse/godhand/vortex of souls motif?

Hope that helps spark some ideas, good luck!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just ink the whole arm and have the beast of darkness' eyes somewhere. :troll:

Seriously, would you have something similar to volume 13's cover or trying to be more subtle? I can see the vortex of souls in your elbow. Is Guts, Griffith somewhere in your design? do you want to use colored ink, or just go with the regular one?

Oburi said:

Sounds like a brilliant idea, i would have so much fun working out what to put on the sleeve, it would be difficult to figure out what to put in and leave out. you say you're starting off with the eclipse? Maybe consider having the image of Skull Knight breaking through it, with shards from it falling down around your arm?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Hi guys! Deci asked if I could help him show off the tat he is working on.

decio.jpg

It's still a couple steps from complete. He's going to add color behind the Eclipse (top left) for the sun rays, and more solid shading near Guts and in the ground under him to add a little more depth and perspective. He also wants to add some shading/thickening of the winged sword logo.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Cool find, Handmade! Makes me feel a little ticklish just looking at it. :ganishka:

And wow, Deci's tattoo project seems to be coming along well! I'm surprised that I missed it when it was first posted. Anyway, I wonder which other scenes he'll be choosing for the other two corners.

Top Bottom