Best equalizer settings for various Berserk music

Wasn't really sure where to make this
But anyway, I created this thread so that anyone who has tried different equalizer settings for various Berserk songs and OSTs can share it with us so we can have a nicer listening to the songs.
I'm seeking the best settings for Sign & Aria. I have the highest quality files possible (got Aria from my CD) but Aria can sound different in certain trailers for example and I'm looking for more ways to enjoy it as much as possible.
So if anyone knows please tell me

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think theres an easy answer here unfortunately. But other audiophiles may have better suggestions.

I'd say it depends entirely on what kind of equipment you're listening to the music with. Equalizers can strengthen latent sounds but it's also used to compensate for lacking or misconfigured sound equipment .

As Walter said, there's no easy answer. It depends on equipment and personal preference on how you like to hear sounds (bass high/ full EQ on high/ etc.). What you hear on the actual soundtrack is usually better quality than what's on a trailer or the movie most times. Trailers contain other sounds (dialog, action, background, etc.) and the overall volume may end up being low.

Ah, sad thing then. I was watching Berserk ps2 game the second trailer and suddenly Hirasawa started signing Sign and it sounded really refreshing. I also liked every time Aria or Sign were played during the NicoNico live streams for their de facto lyrics, it sounded more clear than using the actual track from the CD. I guess they had better equipment + played it as background with lower volume and that might have made it a new experience for the songs to me.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Gobolatula said:
Crank the bass, crank the treble.
Winner!

It all depends on the tech you have it. Decent speakers=lets you boost your equilizer preference at higher watts. Shitty speakers=raise the volume, but decrease your equilizing levels for your speakers to handle it without blowing them up. Sound quality varies on both hardware and quality of track (recording processes, if digital what speed and data per second etc.).

I'll say this. If Berserk OST was ever on vinyl? It would be my preffered choice to use to listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SszgmLep6mA

This is a little of what I'm talking about. This Aria in this video sounds better than the Aria from my CD, I can hear the electronic sounds much clearer.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
SuperVegetto said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SszgmLep6mA

This is a little of what I'm talking about. This Aria in this video sounds better than the Aria from my CD, I can hear the electronic sounds much clearer.

Maybe a different mastering was done on the cinematic version?

Top Bottom