best manga except berserk

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
what's the best manga you know (except berserk ;))

not anime,
manga

what do you guys think of "kenshin" the manga?

#1 Hokuto No Ken- :)
Souten No Ken
Initial D
Yami No Matsuei
Angel Sanctuary
Ruruouni Kenshin
Legend of Basara
Black Jack- Tezuka is God.

So many great titles out there your bound to find something you like.

As for the Kenshin Manga.... It's quite good. It's not perfect or anything. It has two great stories and one of them is probably the best orgin story I've ever read in comics. How Kenshin Got his Scars is Berserk Quality story telling (The OVA fucked that up badly). The Manga story is one of a kind. The ending I didn't feel anything special but the Tomoe story along with the Kyoto Taisen arc are two examples of how great the manga medium can be.

A few good manga, in my opinion (and in no particular order):
Mugen no Jûnin (Blade of the Immortal)
Vagabond
Monster
Tajû Jinkaku Tantei Psycho (MPD-Psycho)
Sex
Gunnm
Hunter x Hunter
... and other titles, of course.

hmmm, i know theres prolly better manga out there than some of these, but these are the ones i currently enjoy(but not to the extent of Berserk, of course):

Blade of the Immortal
I"s
Uzumaki Naruto
Bremen
FLCL
Nausicaa
Vagabond
Azumanga Daiou

im sure theres more, but i cant recall them right now. oh well...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
well, i was wondering what was Blade of the Immortal, and dicovered it is in fact the same as Inhabitant of Infinity, which i really like ( is there 12 volumes ? in france i have seen only 6 )
Gunnm is smashing too
Hokuto no Ken though it's a little messy in last volumes ( in the flash backs which make past change everytime  :) )
High School Kimengumi is really so laughing
Cobra
Sanctuary
Akira

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Here is some of my favorite manga. I'm sure there is more but I can't remeber at the time of my head right now:

Fist of the North Star
Tekken Chinmi
Cyberweapon Z
Dragon Ball Z
Blade of Immortal

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Fist of the North Star
Tekken Chinmi
Cyberweapon Z
Dragon Ball Z
Blade of Immortal
tekken??
is there a manga of the original tekken story??
or has it nothing in common with the famous game or anime?

besides i don t really just like manga comics!
i still sometimes go back in time and enjoy some of the old school comics like mickey mouse,superman,he-man,peanuts................ 8)

Chinmi

Tekken means Ironfist in Japan. The only thing common with the game and this comic is that they both have martial arts in it.

I forget to mention Lone Wolf Cub, and Sprigan.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I forget to mention Sprigan.
indeed, Spprigan/Striker is very cool, and it has a powerful and charismatic character : Jean Jacquemonde ;D a french guy in the manga ( for those who don't know, his name is equal of John Jackworld )
when he sees blood ( his own i think ) he goes really berserk until nobody in the place is alive ;D

Chinmi

Specking of Tekken, is there anyone who is fan of that game? Its my favorite fighting game.

Who is your favorite character? My favorite character is Wu Long.

I think Jin is sort of a apostle. He have this "devil" gene in him.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Specking of Tekken, is there anyone who is fan of that game?  Its my favorite fighting game.

Who is your favorite character?  My favorite character is Wu Long.

I think Jin is sort of a apostle.  He have this "devil" gene in him.

tekken ist the best fighting game EVER!
my favourite character is kazuya.

both jin and kazuya slightly remind me of Guts.

These manga are fun, but not really that good.

Grappler Baki is a really, really stupid manga. But I like it. Especially the second arc of the series which is just a flashback.
Tough is a slightly more realistic fight manga than what I`ve been acustomed to. But it does have a lot of really stupid, unbelievable fights in it. Just not as bad as Baki, Ken or DB.
and Pilgrim Jaeger is a new comic that I actually think looks decent. It`s about demons and the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th Century. It`s kind of weird seeing Japanese with Latin next to it in katakana.

maximus

Specking of Tekken, is there anyone who is fan of that game?  Its my favorite fighting game.

Who is your favorite character?  My favorite character is Wu Long.
my favorite fighting game too.
like the styles and characters of lei(jackie) and Law(bruce) best.
Kazuya is THE killa of the game.
jin is the best combination of power and awesome technique.
paul is pure power with some striking skills.
true ogre somehow reminds me of zoddo...don t know why!??
I think Jin is sort of a apostle.  He have this "devil" gene in him.
For this reason i think he is more like guts than an apostle.
jin has the "devil"virus or whatever and guts has the brand.their both fates seem to be decided.....

Chinmi

In Hong Kong, there is a movie called Avenging Fist that is loosly based on Tekken but there was a problem between the director and Namco so the movie was change abit. One of the star in this movie, Sammo Hung, is reported to direct a Soul Calibur movie.

I also heard a rumor that there might be a Tekken movie in cg. Can anyone confirm/discomfirm this? Namco has really talent animators. The opening cinema in Tekken 4 was awesome. I think it would make a great movie if they did.

maximus

I also heard a rumor that there might be a Tekken movie in cg.  Can anyone confirm/discomfirm this?  Namco has really talent animators.  The opening cinema in Tekken 4 was awesome.  I think it would make a great movie if they did.
don t have any info bout that but..
i agree that if namco decides to make a computer generated movie it ll be great.
not at least because there is a real complexe story behind and so fighting mustn ´t be the most important thing.
bad example for a film that was created after such a fighting game is mortal kombat! :p
just ridiculous!
could that happen to tekken?? ???

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
my favorite mangas are:

Ushio and Tora
Bastard
ShadowSkill
Hokuto no Ken

Ushio and Tora just have that GREAT storyline, and the arts is actually damn good near the end. Bastard and Shadowskill both have interesting story lines, though they really shine at dramatic scenes...very nicely drawn. Hokuto no Ken....how can you possibly not like it? ;D

maximus

Personally, I think Soul Calibur is better. And speaking of Berserk resemblance, look at Siegfried and Cervantes.  ;)
no daoubt that soul calibur is great!but...
where is the association between siegfried /cervantes and berserk???
yeah siegfried got a big sword...thats it..?

Top Bottom