Best Video Game Lines Ever

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Post your favorite quotes from video games. They can range from hilariously bad to philosophically deep(do those exist? :ganishka:)
I'd like to start off with my favorite from Resident Evil 4 right after the church bells ring and all the ganados back off from fighting Leon, the line he utters right before the title is:
"Where's everyone going? Bingo?"
resident evil

"Your pain shall be legendary"

-Arthas Menethil about to attack someone

"I love the dead...frequently"

- a Warcraft III necromancer

"GOD BLESS THIS CITY!"

- Niko Bellic on a shooting rampage

Overused, I know... but I just love the opening to Symphony of the Night.

"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"
"The same could be said of all religions!"

Dar_Klink

CowTip said:
Overused, I know... but I just love the opening to Symphony of the Night.

"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"
"The same could be said of all religions!"
"What is a man?"

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?
Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand.

Damn I don't know any of these lines.....

How about the classic line from MGS series:

"Kept you waiting huh?"

X

Xem

Oh c'mon! More SC or WC quotes!

From SC2:

[Kerrigan has betrayed Mengsk by killing Duke and his forces

Arcturus Mengsk: Kerrigan, you murdering bitch! We had a deal.

Kerrigan: Oh, come on, Arcturus. Did you really think that I would allow you to come into power again? You practickly fed me to Zerg on Tarsonis, you're directly responsible for the hell I've been through. Did you honestly think that I would let you get away with that?

Arcturus Mengsk: But you said revenge was secondary to defeating the UED!

Kerrigan: I lied. I Liberated this planet because it was the UED's primary stageing point, not because I was under any obligation to you. I used you to destroy the Psi Disrupter and now that I've got my broods back, you're no longer necessary for my plans. I think I'll leave you here, Arcturus, among the ashes of your precious Dominion. I want you to live to se me rise to power and I want you to allways remember, in your most private moments, that it was you who let me lose in the first place

Dar_Klink

Two Ganondorf quotes from right before the last boss fight in Wind Waker:
Do you sleep still? Wait! Do not be so hasty, boy... I can see this girl's dreams... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans as far as the eye can see. They are vast seas... None can swim across them... They yield no fish to catch... What did the King of Hyrule say?... That the gods sealed Hyrule away? And they left behind people who would one day awaken Hyrule? How ridiculous... So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool... What they can possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see? All of you... Your gods destroyed you!
and
My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose.
Ganon wasn't really the usual generic villain like he usually was in the other Zelda titles before WW, too bad he changed back into that for Twilight Princess. :puck:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"You spoony Bard!"
-Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)

"There must be a backdoor somewhere."
"It's a weapon. It's really powerful, especially against living things."
-Barry Burton (Resident Evil)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oh there are way too many classics to quote them all, so for now, I'll concentrate on... Mass Effect! :troll:

Ashley Williams: So all we have to do is find this Thorian thing and... woah.
Commander Shepard: We're gonna need bigger guns.

Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

After you disconnect while talking to the council a few times in a row.

Asari Councilor: Commander. Is this some kind of game? Are you calling in a report just so you can cut us off again?
Commander Shepard: You know it.
[Disconnects communication]
Joker: That never gets old, does it?

Turian Councilor: Do you take pleasure from committing genocide, Shepard?
Commander Shepard: Depends on the species, Turian.

Wrex: Do your people ever talk about how you unleashed the geth on the universe and then got banished from your own world by them?
Tali: Do your people ever talk about how you tried to take over the universe, but were struck with a virus to make you all sterile?
Wrex: All the time.

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya: How can you fight your own people?
Wrex: Anyone who fights us is either stupid or on Saren's payroll. Killing the latter is business. Killing the former is a favor to the universe.

Garrus: I can't wait to see the Normandy in combat.
Wrex: Only an idiot wishes for a fight in a stealth ship.

Garrus: Mineshaft. This is the source of the signal.
Wrex: This Smells.
Garrus: You're right, Your probe didn't crash. It was moved here.
Shepard: Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring, But there's still a nuke down there, Check your corners and watch your back.

Wrex: *Coughing* That was a detonator. Someone just screwed us.
Garrus: Orders Commander?
Shepard: We find a way out. Someone up there needs my boot up his ass. See if there's anything here we can use.

Wrex: A nice explosion every once in a while is good for you... keeps the mind sharp.

Garrus: Krogans believe testicle implants increase their virility, counteracting the effects of the genophage.
Garrus: They'll pay 10,000 credits for a single one. That's 40,000 credits for a full set! Someone's making a killing.

C-Sec Officer: Do you want me to arrest you?!
Wrex: I want you to try.

Shepard: You think I give a damn. That's cute.

Garrus: What was that!?
Wrex: Probably just debris. Don't have a panic attack, I'll protect you.

Turian Councillor: What's that human expression? "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
Shepard: Here's another expression. "Go to hell."

Dr. Michel: Commander, how did it go?
Shepard: I killed him.

Lt. Durand: You okay?
Shepard: I'm pissed off... and when I get pissed off I shoot things. Find me more bugs.

Kaira Stirling: You know what we do to cop killers on my world?
Wrex: You're breaking the law working for bribe money. You know what we do to dirty cops on my world?

Liara: I don't know which is worse: the Geth, or all of this sand in my... nevermind.

There's a lot more, but unfortunately most of them rely on the context to be properly understood.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
This topic begs for Planescape: Torment quotes.

Vhailor: When the injustice is great enough, justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment, and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: There is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe.

Nameless One: I see.

Vhailor: No, you do not see. Pray you never will.

Morte: Hey Nordom, knock-knock.
Nordom: Why do you persist in addressing me as a door?
Morte: It's a joke, you stupid polygon! You're supposed to answer "Who's there?"
Nordom: I know who is there. It is you. Why would I ask a question when I already know the answer?
Morte: Just forget it.

Nordom: Attention; Morte. I have a question. Do you have a destiny? A purpose?
Morte: Is Annah still wearing clothes?
Nordom: Affirmatory.
Morte: Then the answer is yes.

Dar_Klink

Aazealh said:
Oh there are way too many classics to quote them all, so for now, I'll concentrate on... Mass Effect! :troll:

There's a lot more, but unfortunately most of them rely on the context to be properly understood.
Haha Aaz, I love all the conversations they have on elevators in that game, especially between Tali and Wrex.

Discworld 2: Missing Presumed...!?

No, it's not dangerous. It's the start of the game, they can't kill us off yet

There are more I'm sure, I can't think of them though ???

(Edit: game name now added)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darklink286 said:
Haha Aaz, I love all the conversations they have on elevators in that game, especially between Tali and Wrex.

Yeah, good times. It's Shepard's lines I love the most though, when you go Renegade. Plus the times he punches people. :ganishka:

To add some more stuff:

Zelda II: "If all else fails, use fire."
Castlevania II: "What a horrible night to have a curse."

Oburi

All praise Grail
"I've got a flying machine!" -Warcraft

Legacy Of Kain-Soul Reaver
Kain: Raziel... the Abyss has been unkind.
Raziel: I am your creation, Kain. Now, as before, you criticize your own work.

Kain: Conscience...? You dare speak to me of conscience? Only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare to question my judgment!

Raziel: Am I reduced to this? A ghoul? A fratricide?
Elder God: Elevated, Raziel... not reduced.

Raziel: I have been to the Tomb of Sarafan, Kain. Your dirty secret is exposed. How could you transform a Sarafan priest into a vampire?
Kain: How could I not? One must keep his friends close, Raziel, and his enemies even closer. Can you grasp the absurd beauty of the paradox? We're the same, Sarafan and vampire, with our holy wars, our obsession with Nosgoth's domination. Who better to serve me than those whose passion transcends all notions of good and evil?
Raziel: I will not applaud your clever blasphemy. The Sarafan were saviors, defending Nosgoth from the corruption that *we* represent. My eyes are opened, Kain. I find no nobility in the un-life you rudely forced on my unwilling corpse!
Kain: You may have uncovered your past, but you know nothing of it.

Soul Reaver 2
Kain: Thirty years hence, I am presented with a dilemma... let's call it a two-sided coin. If the coin falls one way, I sacrifice myself and thus restore the Pillars... but as the last surviving vampire in Nosgoth, this would mean the annihilation of our species... Moebius made sure of that. If the coin lands on the reverse, I refuse the sacrifice and thus doom the Pillars to an eternity of collapse. Either way, the game is rigged.
Raziel: We agree then that the Pillars are crucial and must be restored.
Kain: Yes, Raziel, that is why we've come full-circle to this place.
Raziel: So after all this, you make my case for me. To end this stalemate, you must die so that new Guardians can be born.
Kain: The Pillars don't belong to them, Raziel... they belong to us.
Raziel: Your arrogance is boundless, Kain.
Kain: There's a third option, a monumental secret hidden in your very presence here. But it's a secret you have to discover for yourself. Unearth your destiny, Raziel. It's all laid out for you here.
Raziel: You said it yourself, Kain... there are only two sides to your coin.
Kain: Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

Vorador: You don't know what you are, do you?
Raziel: I have been many things. If you find me ignorant, enlighten me.

Sorry but if you played the Legacy of Kain games you know that the conversations are long and amazing and need to be read in their full context.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
More from Zelda II: Link's Adventure:

snap017.jpg

290770.jpeg

Top Bottom