Black Swordsman - on a bit of a budget

As I said, they weren't easy to make, the base was awkward to work with and if I had time I would go back and do them all over again but they're going to have to do for now as I don't have the time to do them all over again before the expo. It's a shame because I think they're the one bit that lets it down. Although I would say I might not be able to move my arms too much if they were bigger as I'm just about capable with these ones. I do think aphasia is right, draping the cloak over them may improve the sight of them a little.

This was possibly the closest I could get today to anywhere that isn't in too modern surroundings due to being in a bit of a rush to get to the expo (we were up at 5am and on the train by 7). I would have taken some shots in better locations but unfortunately it started to rain quite heavily in the afternoon restricting me from straying too far. So anything better may have to be done at a later date, it also gives me a possible opportunity to better the outfit at my own pace as I don't have a deadline to meet.

P1070416-1.jpg

Here's some shots at the expo

P1070420.jpg

me and my fiancée in the middle as Taokaka from Blaz Blue
P1070424.jpg

This is my friend Darren, who in my opinion, is the best Joker cosplayer in the UK
P1070425.jpg

Excuse some of the facial expressions by the way, it became increasingly difficult to keep one eye closed and not appear to be straining as the day went on, due to the weight of the sword.

turkitage

ターク
awesome job dude! That came out better then I thought!! That looks really good, you put a lot of effort into this and I think it paid off very well.

I haven't seen a taokaka costume yet so nice to see. But I haven't been to an anime convention since blazblue came out either so i guess that might be why!

But nice to see you go up against cloud, nice pictures!

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Dang, your outfit looks beef. Great job. I'm excited to see if you pursue this any further. : )
The key-ring holder on the DS kinda made me laugh when I saw it, haha.
But overall I am really impressed with the amount of work you put into this.
Grats.

That Joker looks really exceptional by the way, unlike those 5 for a dollar jokers on halloween.

Aphasia said:
The key-ring holder on the DS kinda made me laugh when I saw it, haha.

Yeah, I did want to put something better on there and had mentioned that earlier in the thread but I got lazy pursuing something suitable for the job :farnese:

Thanks Skullgrin. I happened to come across this on a friends web site

4654091587_1e01cb373d.jpg

Not too bad a shot even if it did catch me off guard.

This looks amazing, you'd better be beinging this to Amecon so I can take manymanymanymanymanymany photos! I didn't realise you were from the UK! Awesome :guts:

Manjou said:
This looks amazing, you'd better be beinging this to Amecon so I can take manymanymanymanymanymany photos! I didn't realise you were from the UK! Awesome :guts:

Depending on time scale etc and employment status, I might be able to. I would need to get a few bits and pieces sorted again though.

Top Bottom