Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (New Igavania)

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I haven't been keeping track of Igarashi since he left Konami but just last week I heard rumor that he was potentially working on a new and independant sucessor to the "classic" 2D Castlevania idiom which will be called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Then this weekend I found this website, which was really intriguing: http://swordorwhip.com/ where you can apparently vote between a sword and whip in some undisclosed poll. Currently the site is streaming Igarashi playing some new sidescroller games, I guess, in promotion of Bloodstained.

It's going to be a kickstarter project to produce a game for Steam, PS4 and XBOne.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night?ref=nav_search

Inti Creates (Mighty No. 9) is leading the development and Michiru Yamane (pretty much every Igavania) is doing the music.

Anyone going to commit some money, or interested in this? I've been playing a lot of NES Castlevanias lately so I'm really intrigued. The minimum funding goal is just over 100k away from being met and the stretch goals are apparently going to give more depth to the game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've pledged $100 (well, $110 with shipping) for the "Alchemist's treasure" tier. I believe that's the most money I've spent on a Kickstarter project since the Pebble. But I like those games, and hearing him say in the video that "publishers told me gamers no longer care for this style of games" was as effective as you'd expect it to in motivating me to SHOW THEM IF WE DON'T CARE. :mozgus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the project is about to reach 3x its funding goal, and in just over 24 hours. Nice!

Glad to see IGA back in the swing of things. If this were a year or two ago, I'd back this in a heartbeat. But after backing a dozen or so Kickstarter projects, my flooded email box and I have learned a valuable lesson. I'll happily get this once it comes out, but as it's already reached its goal, I'm content to sit back and wait until release.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Agreed. I'm really excited this project has blown its initial goal out of the water, and with each additional stretch goal being added I'm getting more and more interested in pledging some money. Though it seems more like a digital game to me, I'm tempted to at least get the base physical copy. Regardless, I'll definitely be picking this up when it drops in 2017.

I'm a sucker for game soundtracks, but I think that tier is a bit too much for me to justify getting music that I may or may not enjoy (even though Yamane is a great composer). Not to mention I'm not in a place of great financial stability like I used to be.

Top Bottom